It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scorn in the USA: Jeep Pauses Bruce Springsteen Ad Campaign After Drunk Driving Charge

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Did you happen to read the link I posted? He blew a .02.. There is a story behind this, and this is what the right would call 'fake news'

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Not familiar with the area. Did this take place in a park?

It's Sandy Hook, the first beach on the Jersey Shore and directly across from Lower Manhattan. It's a former military facility and now a park.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
Did you happen to read the link I posted? He blew a .02.. There is a story behind this, and this is what the right would call 'fake news'

Yeah, I just saw that.

He still broke a couple of laws, dumb as they are, by doing that.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
You sound like one of the seething libs... Just screaming hyperbole at the top of your lungs cuz one of your opponents did a thing.

I just play by the rulez left playz by. The way I see it, the faster we descend into anarchy, the quicker everyone is truly equal (and free ... in the sense that killing won't be a legal problem for anyone), and the sooner we (the survivors) will pull back together under societal norms.

Let chaos reign supreme for awhile. All hail Cthulhu.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It is pretty silly. You have two stories about 'famous' peoples and DWI's.

The Boss pretty much got lit up by someone who wanted to make a name for himself.

Britt Reid was hammered and put a kid in the hospital and still isn't under arrest.

Go figure.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Than you're no better.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

It is pretty silly. You have two stories about 'famous' peoples and DWI's.

The Boss pretty much got lit up by someone who wanted to make a name for himself.

Britt Reid was hammered and put a kid in the hospital and still isn't under arrest.

Go figure.

I definitely think the latter is much more serious and I also think the Chiefs are culpable because I'm sure people there knew this clown had a serious drinking problem.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Than you're no better.

No one is. We're all equal.

Id'nt that just grand.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Than you're no better.

Id'nt that just grand.

"I can do whatever I want because we're all the same"

Cool.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I wonder why Jeep hired Springsteen when they could've recruited another celeb for a lot less money.
Vanilla Ice? Milli Vanilli? The guy who did the "Dont Worry, Be Happy" song?

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I'm sure it had nothing to do with their woke ad getting ratioed to death on Youtube.

Brave Jeep could have put out their "unity" add any time during the Trump administration but choose to do it now.

Very telling.

I hope Jeep goes broke and is left to the dustbin of history.

edit on 11-2-2021 by SKEPTEK because: china virus

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

I'm sure it had nothing to do with their woke add getting ratioed to death on Youtube.

Brave Jeep could have put out their "unity" add any time during the Trump administration but choose to do it now.

Very telling.

I hope Jeep goes broke and is left to the dustbin of history.

I agree 100 percent, but there's no shortage of dummies who buy those insanely overpriced things.
A Jeep spokesman actually tried to justify their prices buy saying something like "Jeep has a proud American heritage" and "Jeep really has no competition". I don't remember exactly, but it was something along those lines.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
I wonder why Jeep hired Springsteen when they could've recruited another celeb for a lot less money.
Vanilla Ice? Milli Vanilli? The guy who did the "Dont Worry, Be Happy" song?

"The Boss" represents an image supported by many of a working-class, blue jeans kind of guy. I'm guessing they hired/shot the commercial before the arrest

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I was not surprised that this article popped up on Zergnet, which always shows up on my email site.

I haven't checked anywhere else, so I don't know if a different story is being posted elsewhere.

nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

"The Boss" represents an image supported by many of a working-class, blue jeans kind of guy. I'm guessing they hired/shot the commercial before the arrest

I know. I was trying to be funny. I have a weird sense of humor, or lack thereof, I guess!

Anyhoo, I don't know what's funnier. The fact that corporations use "The Loss" for his working-class image, or the fact that his fans actually buy it. You nailed it when you said "image". It's a facade. People in the music biz know what a phoney he is. He has actually compared himself to Woody Guthrie, which is outrageous. I saw him interviewed once, and he referred to himself in the third person. Who does that? That's an immediate "clown" flag.

edit on 11-2-2021 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Than you're no better.

Id'nt that just grand.

"I can do whatever I want because we're all the same"

Cool.

Why are you being an apologist for Bruce Springsteen, dude? Weird.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Again, details matter here people. In this case Bruce got busted being a nice celeb... Course the right want to rail on him because he made a commercial that called them out for being obtuse.. But oh well.. Double standards away. The actual details of the event have been placed in this thread two times now, and ya'll are acting like he robbed someone.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

a reply to: KansasGirl

Again, details matter here people. In this case Bruce got busted being a nice celeb... Course the right want to rail on him because he made a commercial that called them out for being obtuse.. But oh well.. Double standards away. The actual details of the event have been placed in this thread two times now, and ya'll are acting like he robbed someone.

Robbed?

Sort of like all the burning, LOOTING, and murdering that went on for 100+ straight days last year?

You definitely know double standards and being obtuse.

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

" Baby , I was Born to Run Over Someone in a Drunken Stupor "

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

He was probably out drinking with Pelosi. I'm glad he got busted though, and the cops didn't give him any celebrity privileges like his kind always gets.

<< 1    3 >>

join