It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors Not Getting Reimbursed for Covid Tests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

She quickly discovered an unexpected obstacle: a major health insurer that paid her less than the cost of the test itself. Each kit Larabee purchased for her machines cost about $41, but the insurer sent back half that amount each time she submitted a claim.

“We are not doing COVID testing because we cannot afford to take the financial hit in the middle of the pandemic,” said Dr. Suzanne Berman, a pediatrician in Crossville, Tennessee.

Ok how crazy is this? Where is this going?
I believe much more in testing than I do in vaccination.
Is this a plot to take the testing out of individual doctors offices?

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

My partner needs to get COVID tests a lot because she teaches elementary school and if she has a fever or any symptoms they make her get tested before she can come back to work.

Well her insurer is denying coverage and she has to pay $175 for one of these covid tests (even though insurance paid for the same test, at the same location previously).

Somebody is getting rich off of this and it's not Joe six pack

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

This is an easy one.

If Dr's can't afford to give the tests
and patients can't afford to pay for one

Then

the COVID positive test rates go down

and Biden can claim victory with his non-existent (self admitted) COVID plan.

This is they type of victory over COVID that Biden supporters fought so hard for when they voted Democratic, good for them to figure out a way to magically make the COVID positive test rate plummet.

edit on 2/4/21 by The2Billies because: spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well, this should get the reported cases to go down. Most people will only see the falling numbers as a good thing. Just guessing this is the route the TPTB want.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag
Well, this should get the reported cases to go down. Most people will only see the falling numbers as a good thing. Just guessing this is the route the TPTB want.

Her clinic serves a low-income Appalachian community where the coronavirus is now spreading rapidly, and 17% of tests are coming back positive as of this week.

17% is high, and they are getting tested somewhere...

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Well her insurer is denying coverage and she has to pay $175 for one of these covid tests (even though insurance paid for the same test, at the same location previously).

Is she paying out of pocket? That's CRAZY?!!

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies
Bingo!

Oh, and didn't Trump say that suddenly COVID would just disappear? Maybe he was right.

edit on b000000282021-02-04T10:47:22-06:0010America/ChicagoThu, 04 Feb 2021 10:47:22 -06001000000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

PHFFFFFFF! Okay waiting on that big drop in cases to happen.
Waiting patiently. Covid cases down waiting. Any day now1
edit on 4-2-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Yep, after ramping up the numbers, they now need to find a way to reduce them again.

I guess their grip on power, even with the media on their side, wasn't as successful as they thought.

With the obvious allocation of flu and other sicknesses as covid cases, they can only try to fool those that look for numbers only so long.

They accomplished a lot with it, for their cause. Don't believe for a second this is only US politics doing it, Europe too.

Lots of rights were cut back and now they have the justification and their foot in the door for the same, and more restrictions.

If it wasn't for the bought media and mediocre journalists, they wouldn't had been able to pull it off, worldwide.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine

PHFFFFFFF! Okay waiting on that big drop in cases to happen.
Waiting patiently. Covid cases down waiting. Any day now1

They are, read about it yesterday.

www.nbclosangeles.com...

other places too.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

And then we get another over powering wave and we lose the
whole effen thing back again!

Come on man you know the routine!

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I need to get tested weekly for my job. My union and the production company share the costs

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I need to get tested weekly for my job. My union and the production company share the costs

Just curious what test do they have you take?

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Yep, out of pocket. Total BS

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.yahoo.com...

She quickly discovered an unexpected obstacle: a major health insurer that paid her less than the cost of the test itself. Each kit Larabee purchased for her machines cost about $41, but the insurer sent back half that amount each time she submitted a claim.

“We are not doing COVID testing because we cannot afford to take the financial hit in the middle of the pandemic,” said Dr. Suzanne Berman, a pediatrician in Crossville, Tennessee.

Ok how crazy is this? Where is this going?
I believe much more in testing than I do in vaccination.
Is this a plot to take the testing out of individual doctors offices?

This is why you need collective bargaining, if they'd joined together with other groups and purchased in a larger quantity they could have gotten a better deal.

When companies divide you they conquer you, and can charge what they like.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Bingo!

Oh, and didn't Trump say that suddenly COVID would just disappear? Maybe he was right.

We’ve all been saying that- all of us who see this for what it is.

And now they will turn it into a cash cow along with its real purpose, which is to have control and take away every freedoms we had.

Covid will never go away. They will turn it off and then back on when they need to. On and off, on and off.

People are so stupid.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Medical Politicizing has consequences doesn't it 😎🚬

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: olaru12

Just curious what test do they have you take?

PCR antigen tests...

www.covid19-testing.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

My partner needs to get COVID tests a lot because she teaches elementary school and if she has a fever or any symptoms they make her get tested before she can come back to work.

Somebody is getting rich off of this and it's not Joe six pack

If they won't let her back without a test, than by definition it is a work requirement and is 100% the employers responsibility . Time for small claims court.

top topics

join