It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meanwhile, Joe Biden Puts Kids in Cages Again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

The whole point of putting them in facilities like they were was to determine who they really belonged to. Some came across alone and all too many came across with adults who were not in any way related to them but were using them as human shields to claim asylum. The whole point was just in a way what you said - separate them until it could be determined who there actual relatives were and where - whether it was in country or not.

And that was always the purpose and point no matter whose administration we were talking about. It was just convenient to talk it up as "proof" that Trump was a white supremacist monster over the course of the last 4 years, and now many of the same people who spent their time talking about it that way are now making the same arguments you and I just made and continue to make.

edit on 3-2-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Most of the kids taken into custody were being trafficked into the country. The sad part of all this is that nothing will be done to undermine that. Given how little was done during the Obama Administration, I doubt Biden will do much either.

At least Trump tried to go after the traffickers and buyers.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod

originally posted by: vonclod
Did Obama split up families?

Is that a serious question? Psst You're on the internet try doing a simple search...

Yes it is, and I did look, oh yes, he built the cages, but I have read he didn't split families, and other sources say he did, but not as many. So, I suppose they did on a much smaller scale, and due to specific reasons, other than for the joy/ punishment(Trump doing)

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said at a June 18 press briefing: “The Obama administration, the Bush administration all separated families. … They did — their rate was less than ours, but they absolutely did do this. This is not new.”

MPI’s Pierce said that the likely reason data aren’t available on child separations under previous administrations is because it was done in “really limited circumstances” such as suspicion of trafficking or other fraud.

www.factcheck.org...

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I personally think the policy should be to separate everyone in the family group from each other. It should be rule #1 and widely publicized that if you attempt to illegally cross our border, you will be detained and isolated from whomever you were crossing with until a familial relationship can be established (husbands and wives included).

If they still come, they can't complain that they weren't warned and If they are traffickers/fake families, they will be discovered and dealt with.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Are they trying to take "credit" for something they said before they hate ?? 😎

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Did Obama split up families?

Any "Family" claimed or "Proven" Families ?😎

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

No one did it for "joy" or "punishment". It was done because a loophole in the asylum laws made it easier to claim asylum if you got across the border with a minor. So it become a common practice to "buy" a child as part of your border jumping package. You used the kid as part of your "family" to claim asylum and then dumped the kid or turned it back over the the coyotes to be used again and disappeared into the country.

So children coming across illegally were separated until it could be determined if they actually belonged with the adults who took them over the border.

How many times should a toddler be trafficked by coyotes anyhow?

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   
23andME needs border stations 😎

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I guess I was a bit facetious, but I still think it was done to cause discomfort. Sure, there probably were cases of trafficking, but I believe the majority of kids were with family.

And don't get me wrong, I understand the need to have control of the border..but we will agree to disagree it was necessary for the majority of cases

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
It's be fake news. Remember? Trump? Everything is fake news. Even this sooo...

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

But this time it's in "writing" 😃

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Again.. A thread created linking to a blog..

Do you notice anything? I do. It’s the exact same reality based argument Trump officials and Trump supporters made during the previous four years. Indeed,

Do you.. I do... Wtf.. Can't you guys create one single thread with a piece of news that isn't linking to a blog?
edit on 3-2-2021 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wait what? Writing? Tape? Pics? Informants? Insiders?

If it's written? Well then that settles it.

As a people..we are so gullible....

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

Oh, I'm sorry ... would you prefer the CNN news the blog post is about?

They are reacting to the non-reaction of the left to actual news that the very same facility leftists cried and cried over is being opened again for the very same use of holding kids.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'm lost!

We need some leftists in this thread to tell us all how we should feel ASAP!

I'll wait...

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Just imagine...
Tonight I am feeling for you
Under the state of a strange land
You have sacrificed much to be here
'there but for grace...' as I offer my hand
Welcome home, I bid you welcome, I bid you welcome
Welcome home from the bottom of my heart
Out here on the edge
The empire is fading by the day
And the world is so weary in war
Maybe we'll find that new way

So welcome home, see I made a space for you now
Welcome home from the bottom of our heart
Welcome home from the bottom of our hearts
Keep it coming now - keep it coming now
You'll find most of us here with our hearts wide open
Keep it coming now - keep on coming now
Keep it coming now - keep on coming now

There's a woman with her hands trembling - haere mai
And she sings with a mountain's memory - haere mai

There's a cloud the full length of these isles
Just playing chase with the sun
And it's black and it's white and it's wild
All the colours are one

So welcome home, I bid you welcome, I bid you welcome
Welcome home, see I made a space for you now
From the bottom of our hearts

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

"Attourney General announces Zero Tolerance Policy for Criminal Illegal Entry". Please check the date on this.

edit on 3/2/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

LOL, well, I suppose asking a "fake" reporter to go report on it, would only yield "fake" results.

Trump didn't build the cages did he? fake newz I saw said they were already there.

I bet it was Trumps fault either way. Impeach 45!

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Now for the reality: If you don't like the idea of kids in cages at these facilities, then you want an administration that actively discourages illegal crossings.

it's ok again since the bad orange man isn't involved.

posted on Feb, 4 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Where's all the Tweets and videos of celebrities crying and lamenting the poor children in the cages?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join