It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Live Full Concert Recordings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Lots of music fans of totally different styles on this site which is really great..

Im interested to see which live concert recordings really work for users..Doesn't matter the style, duration, whatever.. Just that live thing you can put on and be amazed by again and again..

For me that concert is a show that Opeth did at Red Rocks Ampitheater in 2018.

The setting, the weather, the light show, the audio mix , the performance, the tightness and cohesion of a band that are all masters on each level. For those that know the band they played older songs (heavier, growls) and newer (heavy in a different way , no growls) and just controlled everything. Plenty of reaction videos on YouTube of people watching this show on that night in that place being blown away by almost every element of what they are watching...

This clip is the first song of the show that night for those that dont want to watch the whole thing...Its from one of their more recent releases and is much more in their progressive metal or rock era. No growls but plenty of heavy riffs and chords.

Sorceress

This song is right when they were transitioning into more progressive music so its a solid mix of growls and clean vocals. For those that understand the mechanics of singing its pretty damn amazing watching the lead singer Mikael transition from clean to growling in a very relaxed manner...

Ghost Of Perdition

FInally here is the full concert which is roughly 90 mins and 10 songs.....

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
One heck of a show...

Palais des Sports in Paris in June 1977

I could add loads more here but I'll spare some space for others and join in again later to view and listen for a while.

Thanks for the thread.

edit on 3/2/2021 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

The mid-70s were the era of "double live" albums. Everyone seemed to put one out. Two slabs of vinyl packed in a sleeve stuffed with live photos and other cool stuff. My teens were spent rockin' out to these records while skateboarding abandoned pools and anywhere else we could trespass. Great memories!

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'm a Veteran of many festivals and concerts but what I saw and heard at the O2 Arena London in 2011 blew my mind and the memory of it will stay with me until my final breath , it was truly incredible.

In this video some American minds get blown by Roger Waters: The Wall.

Pure Awesome.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

One that I can think of off the top of my head is The Retinal Circus @ Royal Albert Hall by. Devin Townsend Project? Devin Townsend Band? Strapping Young Lad? Devin Townsend? I dont know, just pick a band. They rehearsed for a year for this one show. Wish I could have been there. Here is a famous one.

Kingdom

I might come back to post more.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I don't know if it was recorded, but Iva Davies and band performed live with the Sydney Dance Company and the Sydney Symphony Orchestra in the Sydney Opera House while I was working there and they used all sorts of '3D' sound tricks with delayed speaker stacks that made the whole experience 'immersive' in a way that I have never experienced before or since.

And they also played a weird mix of covers (like Killing Joke's "A Love Like Blood"), not just Iva's and Icehouse's songs.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
For me personally, nothing brings back great memories like Tesla-five man acoustic jam!

South Padre Island, Spring break 1991, my first year outa high school. And I still had my long hair. The dude-mon

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Opeth, Devin Townsend(local guy) Steve Wilson, Porcupine Tree, The Pineapple Thief..all do great live mix's..just off the top of my head. Oh..Song Remains The Same, Pink Floyd Pulse!!

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

This artist from Brazil is a complete gem. I came across him by sheer happenstance. My sister was dating a guy who gave her a copy of this album and she didn't dig it so she gave it to my other sister and she shelved it. I found it at her house and tried it out. That was 12+ years ago and to this day, this album is fantastic. His band is really tight and in his country, the man is a national treasure.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
Djavan 'Ao Vivo', Vol. 1&2

Iron Maiden — Live After Death 1985

-TOOL- 'No Quarter' (Led Zeppelin cover) from their live album 'Salival'

And a short, personal favorite of mine "Pops Williams and the Temptones" 😂😂

edit on 2/3/2021 by EternalShadow because: fixing stuff

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Such a beautiful voice for such a beautiful man.

Here is Casualties of Cool with "Mountaintop" sort of live studio recording.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Sadly mobile doesn't allow me to paste youtube links.

But Jean Michel Jarre's Destination Docklands....

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tundra

originally posted by: vonclod

Such a beautiful voice for such a beautiful man.

Here is Casualties of Cool with "Mountaintop" sort of live studio recording.

I love Casualties of Cool..Che' ..so sweet! That album is on my playlist!

Here is a favourite funny Dev clip, have to watch till the end, it at the start of his career, when Steve Vai took him on tour as his vocalist!

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

How about some 1977 Shakti with John Mclaughlin!

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Two versions of Deadhead, about 13 years apart..love the guitar on version 1, version 2 kills it too!

edit on 3-2-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Porcupine Tree
the vocals are beautiful

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The Pineapple Thief

Gavin Harison drumming, used to drum for Porcupine Tree, and still plays with King Crimson..oh, since on to KC

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Khruangbin

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Blitzkid - Conne island, Leipzip, Germany 2012

I watch/listen to this one all the time, it's great!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join