It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uber has no Cultural etiquette!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
What's the price? 30 twice.

We shouldn't goof on DB, he's more sophisticated than that, it was probably Cisco.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Did you mean Crisco?

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Did you mean Crisco?

Wouldn't surprise me if he ordered a tub of that and a spoon too. "Here's your 50% tip kid: don't get your hands near my pie hole during feeding."

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Your just sound poor and broke maybe drink less and eat in more? Same your money get some personal power in your life? Stop complaining about something you actually don’t have have to do. I guy asked me for a ride yesterday offered me 5$ because he’s bags were heavy. I informed him the walk would be good for him because he doesn’t have a car and should get used to the weight and the length of the walk it will grow his strength for next time he needs it. Because he is gunna do it a lot. He flipped me off , I laugh and drove off he walked home. everyone won.

a reply to: Subaeruginosa

edit on 3-2-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

It depends, if Uber pays them more because they don't tip in Australia, then that is fair.

However, at least in America, delivery drivers and uber drivers are paid small wages (usually much lower than minimum wage) because their employer assumes the lack of pay will be made up in tips.

However, if you're not tipping, and their pay is based on assumed tips, then you're probably going to look like a cheap bastard.

Never worked uber eats, but delivered pizza before and not getting tips was the equivalent of not getting paid at the place i worked.
edit on 3-2-2021 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I drove for uber (never did uber eats so I cant compare) for a short while some time back. After you figure in gas cost, wear and tear on the car, and the effort to keep it clean, you barely break even. It got worse when more people started to drive. At the airport que when I started on a friday night there would be 20-30 cars in que. A year later with more people driving as a full time job (alot more) the que at the same time would be 50-70 cars. Then on top of that the Lime scooters started downtown so people started using those instead of uber. And only about 20% of people tipped, and it was usually very minimal. Then you had the asshats that would use uber to go to the grocery store and expect you to wait......Horrible as you only get .05 a minute to wait, $3 bucks an hour. And if you canceled or had them change it so you could get other rides and make money they would rate you bad. And anything under a 4.85 would affect how many rides were sent to you, and under a 4.6 would get you suspend and having to take an uber class to get reinstated. So if you are new with few rides you rating can go through the floor with one or two 4 star ratings. Not worth it for me.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

What keeps me from paying digital and tipping analog?

I can get behind what you wrote with pre tipping, I kind of think the same. But I can still give the driver a tip with real money,iit's not forbidden, or is it? Who would enforce it?

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

That's because it was never designed to be a job.
The whole concept was ride sharing.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Never used Uber or Uber Eats. Never plan to.

# them and their modern wage slavery.
edit on 3-2-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Tipping is supposed to be for service above and beyond.

Not for just showing up.

A tip is, for me anyway, reserved for folks like a very pleasent young woman who put a smile on this grumpy old(er) man's face. Friendly, without being overbearing, making sure everything was not only adequate, but above and beyond what was strictly necessary. She got a tip--75%, as I recall.

I guess that makes me stingy, or something. Tips should be earned, not expected.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: RAY1990

What keeps me from paying digital and tipping analog?

I can get behind what you wrote with pre tipping, I kind of think the same. But I can still give the driver a tip with real money,iit's not forbidden, or is it? Who would enforce it?

These days the rona virus... Seems only about 10-20% of takeaway stores are accepting cash at all now. I usually pay cash, I can't imagine anyone turning down free money but I guess these days someone might find issue.

I've tipped cash in the past when bills have been settled digitally, it can make things easier especially when ordering as a group or in a restaurant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join