It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Dynamics Robots plus Spot Dance to "Do You Love Me?"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: rickymouse

It's just a cool thing , the money doesn't matter celebrate the cool.

I think it is impressive that they have so much balance. Yeah, kind of cool. I think I would rather have a nice tractor with a cab and front end loader and snowblower though. Unless I could train that robot to go onto my present tractor and blow the drive, my luck it would get all iced up and would wreck the tractor.

You don't need a robot AND a tractor. Just robotize the tractor with full self-driving. Mission accomplished.

It is hard to blow snow without being out there, you have to go pick up branches that fall off the tree from heavy wet snow breaking them off. Also, you have to be able to feel the tires slipping so the tractor does not get stuck. Ice and branches breaks shear bolts a few times a year too. It is a ford tractor with a six and a half foot snowblower on it, but then again, if it was a self driving vehicle it could be much smaller so it could be a four foot wide snowblower since you do not need to be sitting on it so, it could be cheaper and be remote. Being smaller it could be less of a problem around cars too. I almost hit a bus one day trying to turn around by the mailbox, the front end loader swung our into the road when I was stuck there. The front end loader is the cats meow for pushing back banks.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i can see the tesla factories in the future being a show you go to watch dancing robots put together an electric car.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
i can see the tesla factories in the future being a show you go to watch dancing robots put together an electric car.

Let's hope Elon isn't the one teaching them to dance.

Ooof. Awkward!

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Sheee...

I just want to be able to dance like one!

75,000$ to be able to have that much balance and street cred just like the James Brown...

Cheap! And money well spent!

Battle Bots are lame! Electric Boogaloo Robot Dance Off is where it is at!

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I want one.

I mean ... How cool is that !

We in the future.

Here’s the thing. When I was in high school my mother made me overcome my nerd-like tendencies and take a dance class so I could ask girls out to the school dances. The tune I learned to dance to was—you guessed it—“Do You Love Me?” Having watched this video, I have to admit these robots can dance 10 times better than I ever could.

This really cuts deep.

I thought robots would never replace me in my lifetime.

I’m depressed.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I want one with chainsaw and minnigun and night vision and armor plate.
not asking for much.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
They will make that wish come true!
when they Kill you.

originally posted by: 1947boomer

I want one.

I mean ... How cool is that !

We in the future.

Here’s the thing. When I was in high school my mother made me overcome my nerd-like tendencies and take a dance class so I could ask girls out to the school dances. The tune I learned to dance to was—you guessed it—“Do You Love Me?” Having watched this video, I have to admit these robots can dance 10 times better than I ever could.

This really cuts deep.

I thought robots would never replace me in my lifetime.

I’m depressed.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
After prying my friend out of a nursing home, where he did not belong for 30 days, nor did he want to be there, I was shocked to see what they'd done. The dependence they generated in him in that short period of time is amazing. He even stated that he got lazy, that he'd love a cup of tea, but nobody is there in his house to make it for him, so he'll do without. He is fully capable, just got lazy.
Just imagine how robots can make us useless. Ain't it just the bestest thing ever?!?!
Might as well bend over and accept the communism as long as y'all are submitting.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
copy
edit on 3-2-2021 by ToddB because: double image

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Now give it and AR-15 and shoulder mounted rpg and we got ourselves some armoured core.

a reply to: gortex

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

By then computer hacking training will be the biggest job. I can imagine the people learning to hack just to put their old bosses out of buisiness. Robots are useless if their programs are hacked into and changed.

posted on Feb, 5 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 11SK1180

By then computer hacking training will be the biggest job. I can imagine the people learning to hack just to put their old bosses out of buisiness. Robots are useless if their programs are hacked into and changed.

Society has sure gone down hill. I remember when being a hard honest worker making a living producing things society NEEDS was praised. Now it is all about pushing things you don't need, promoting spending money on wants and deceiving people out of the money they are earning or have saved. Deception is more accepted than truth these days, they have brainwashed the masses to chase their wants and to praise jobs that are deception. An actor is acting, it is not real what you see in a movie, but movie stars are praised by masses of people. Computers are making it so people cannot think on their own and that is dumbing down society, people who make a living creating technology that makes us dependent on it get great money, soon people will be dumber than....I don't want to insult an animal by comparing them to a dumb human.....that would be racial slur...Peta might harass me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join