It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Administration ‘Actively Looking’ at COVID-19 Test Mandate for Domestic Air Travel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Little bites ... small steps ... your right to travel is being methodically stripped away

Link Freedom of movement under United States law is governed primarily by the Privileges and Immunities Clause of the United States Constitution which states, "The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States." As far back as the circuit court ruling in Corfield v. Coryell, 6 Fed. Cas. 546 (1823), freedom of movement has been judicially recognized as a fundamental Constitutional right. In Paul v. Virginia, 75 U.S. 168 (1869), the Court defined freedom of movement as "right of free ingress into other States, and egress from them." However, the Supreme Court did not invest the federal government with the authority to protect freedom of movement. Under the "privileges and immunities" clause, this authority was given to the states, a position the Court held consistently through the years in cases such as Ward v. Maryland, 79 U.S. 418 (1871), the Slaughter-House Cases, 83 U.S. 36 (1873) and United States v. Harris, 106 U.S. 629 (1883).

The federal gooberment can't protect your right anymore than they can take it away. If someone tries, and they get shot right in the belly for it, I'm not gonna shed a tear.

Wanna know why they're starting/limiting this to air travel? Who is carrying a gun with them on an airplane? See? This is how the gooberment goes about 'normalizing' something that is in violation of the Constitution. And, this is the problem we have with people who willfully break their oaths of office: They're not charged with Treason and torn to shreds by the mob!!

Link CDC Dr. Marty Cetron confirmed the organization is “actively looking” at whether COVID-19 testing should be mandated for domestic U.S. flights on Wednesday. Reporters on a Wednesday conference call asked Dr. Marty Cetron, director for the Division of Global Migration and Quarantine at CDC, about the possibility of new domestic travel testing requirements. Cetron said “conversations [are] ongoing and looking at what the types and locations of testing might be… We’re actively looking at it.”

Those conversations are a result of President Joe Biden’s request for U.S. agencies to offer his administration recommendations on whether to “impose additional public health measures for domestic travel,” including both land and air. Cetron said “a dramatic evolution and increase in both testing platforms and testing capacity” could be “a really important part of our toolkit to combat this pandemic.”

As far as international travel is concerned, Brownlee stressed the same guidance that has been given for much of the pandemic: “[Our] main message to U.S. citizens considering travel abroad remains the same: Seriously reconsider going overseas right now. If you’re overseas right now, it’s going to be harder to come home for a while.”

And remember: These are CDC rulez ... not frikkin' US Law!!

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Everyone gave up their rights back in March 2020 that pushed for people to abide by the lockdown and mask mandates. I tried to defy those rules but my kids have to eat, so a mask was required to shop and work. Then everyone started cheered on them picking and choosing which businesses could stay open during the lockdown. There is a small group of people getting screwed but for the most part the majority are getting exactly what they asked for.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You are aware airlines recycle the air in the cabins?

Just like everyone got stuck in airplanes with people breathing SARS all over them, or more currently people spreading Ebola on you know? Airplanes?

Your travel isn't restricted by taking a Covid Test any more than it's restricted by needing passports. But maybe you could do a poll to see how many of your fellow travelers want to get on one with you testing positive?

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This guys priorities seem a bit screwy lol

Good thing we are rushing to prop up one of the largest Co2 Producers of all

How your flight emits as much CO2 as many people do in a year
Even short-haul flights produce huge amounts of CO2, figures show

Taking one return flight generates more CO2 than citizens of some countries produce in a year

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Hey silly, that's why biden is investing billions into development of electric airplanes. Sheesh, some people.......

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

All commuicable diseases should be tested for within 5 days of the flight.

Airlines required to give full refunds.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

any more than it's restricted by needing passports.

Since when do you need a passport to travel between states?

ETA: my bad...something to do with real-id laws or something...

edit on 29/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Will they mandate those Anal Swabs

Anal swabs to become China’s No. 2 method for COVID-19 testing

I could see that cutting down on air travel which would suit the purposes of the New Green Dealers.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Bend over Americans the china virus testing is coming to Amerka lets get two inches of a swap up to your rear end is all for the good of the nation.

I have to laugh at this, I see not antifa or BLM rioting and complaining, about this one, travel restrictions and a vaccine that is not even been proven for safety.

Where is the outrage, I forgot, now protesting is domestic terrorism I bet pertusi can not wait to see people protesting to impose sleepy joes special powers to get her domestic terrorism laws in an emergency congress section no Republicans needed.

The biggest terrorist treat to our nations is that woman I bet my ass on it, she hated Trump soo much she wants to erase him from history.
edit on 29-1-2021 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
You are aware airlines recycle the air in the cabins?

And not just me. The 1st Class elite seaters have to breathe my exhaust, too. What's funniest is the way the air plumbing is designed, that secondary air-fall is freshest on them. Reeeeeee

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: Snarl
But maybe you could do a poll to see how many of your fellow travelers want to get on one with you testing positive?

I would.

But then again, I'm not a chicken# when it comes to colds, so....

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Meanwhile I traveled over the holidays and was not all that concerned about the rules and restrictions that might be in place. Arrived early to avoid long lines, temp checks, etc. It was biz as usual. It was over crowded, long lines, no social distancing. Everyone at least pretending to wear a mask (half on half off) removing it every chance they got. The plane, it was completely full, not one extra seat available. The only difference I noted was that people in first class were served drinks, water, coffee and snacks. People in coach got nothing. They announced that due to new Covid restrictions there would be no in air service. Huh? I got up several times and went to the galley to get my own tiny bottles of water. They said nothing. On one of the flights a stewardess told me my mask had to be up over my nose. I looked her plain in the face and said "Thanks for the guidance ma'am". Pulled my hat down and went to sleep. Stupid, stupid made up rules.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

My bad, was thinking about flying in general.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

YEP!!!
If you can afford those plane tickets to Vegas you can afford the co-pays for the testing!
As much as I hate to encourage another reason to make the whole medical complex richer than it is, sometimes common sense still wins out.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Oh look, Bubba Jo is mandating forced vaccinations and testing to give to China.

All hail the new messiah, Jo Jo is going to hand deliver us straight into the rice fields.

What a worthless president.

Then again, what's Harris been up to?

When you live rural, when a barking bitch stops barking, keep your head on a swivel. (Bitch as in female dog you overly sensitive twatter babies)

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
Lol

There have been protests.

But they've been shot with tear gas and everything in the arsenal.

Remember when it went against the Geneva convention? But now they're actively silencing everyone and writing EOs left and right.

Democrats, Fence Sitters. Party of abusers and fascists.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
From the article it stated,
This includes Land and Air.
Does that mean they are going to Try to restrict
Our traveling by Our personal Vehicles??
That’s when the fight is on!
edit on 05/07/18 by FreeFalling because: Sp

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad
You gave up your rights after 911

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
They're no need to pass laws or rules, all that needed is for the airlines to stipulate Covid passports. You've got the same answer with the internet companies blocking or banning people or businesses. Their answer, "they're private companies and they can do whatever they want, If you don't want to do it just don't fly".

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Their answer, "they're private companies and they can do whatever they want, If you don't want to do it just don't fly".

They know better.

If I was the President, and they tried stiffing any US citizen, I'd look them in the eye and say, "Your business license is revoked. You're not even authorized to do the business necessary to sell your planes."

What are they gonna do? ESAD ... that's what.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join