It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox issues?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed issues with Firefox today? I'm running across several sites that cannot be accessed or appear to be down. But when I go through a different browser, they appear to work fine. Just curious if anyone else is having these problems with Firefox....

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
HI there, I read where FF is not a 'trusted' source, any longer. just, my 411. duck search firefox trust and

Thanks for the thread OP

Good luck!

a reply to: CIAGypsy

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
HI there, I read where FF is not a 'trusted' source, any longer. just, my 411. duck search firefox trust and

Thanks for the thread OP

Good luck!

Yes, I saw comments that Firefox is turning on Patriots. That being said, LE has been able to fingerprint targets through Firefox for some time now. They are not ironclad for anonymity.

However, I do think it is odd that a good majority of sites are no longer working through that browser. Even magnanimous sites like 'my little pony' or 'martha stewart.'

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i dont know where you live, or if thats an issue, but i have had no probs at all accessing sites. im in wa. state

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Firefox says no conservative websites for you.

Maybe try palemoon, it's an older fork of Firefox from before they messed with the plugin system. I'm sure chrome/chromium will be next for this kind of bull#.

The browser monopoly right now's kind of scary. The only actual renderers are chrome, WebKit and safari. Most browsers are based on them. Google, Mozilla and Apple own each of those respectively.

Even edge uses a chrome backend now. It would be easy to censor big chunks of the internet by using browsers themselves and that's something there isn't really an alternative for because google basically controls web standards at this point and are pushing things like amp hard.
edit on 12/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I noticed that this morning, I had an open page all night that was www.guns.com and it would not come up, I had a few others that did the same. I was going to check on it and got to doing other things they don't like, I mean, 'guns' and all.

www.guns.com...

At the same time though, I go to another site I frequent and it still works.

www.federalpremium.com...

So, maybe they just haven't gotten to all of the ones that they want gone, yet.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It was causing my whole system to slow down today so I booted it and everything is working fine now.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
According to downforme.org, Mozilla is down.

Our research shows Mozilla.org is currently in the DOWN status after conducting a real time search. If you prefer, you can re-test Mozilla.org again here to see if the status has changed from DOWN.

Additional research information and status history for Mozilla.org is provided below for your reference. For example, Mozilla.org was down 192 times out of 7,003 checks. This is a 3% downtime ratio based on past history.

For your immediate notice, Mozilla.org was last checked on 01/12/2021 12:39 and you may want to consider checking it again.

Using Facebook comments, be sure to leave your feedback about Mozilla.org below. Right now, it shows as DOWN.

Mozilla.org Server Status: DOWN
Last checked: 01/12/2021 12:39

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

I tried first, searching for that link you posted, Guns.com, on DuckDuckGo and in about one second the search term for their website came up. I tried clicking on the link and it would not open in Firefox. Something is suspicious about that. It couldn't be that things are being censored. Must be something else.

TCB

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I read the article linked in your comment on Mozilla. To quote them, "This isn’t just essential for this moment in time. It’s critical for the future of Mozilla, the future of the internet and the future of our society."

Since when is it the place of my computer browser to "protect" the future of our society? Not their job or responsibility.

TCB

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind
I just came back here to tell y'all the exact same thing.
Since that does have "gun" in their name, that may be the first one that the went to, but, it could all be a coincidence too, but lately makes me think not.

Oh, I did check some other places that were gun related, they seem to work.
The people on YouTube that their entire channel is about guns are all buzzing about how the LEFT is 'about to' do this, and 'about to' do that though. I do not doubt that either. I fully expect they will, as soon as they can get around to it, since they have plenty of 'other things' to do.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
something weird is going on. Gab.com is also down. I checked with a couple of different sites. They also said Google was down, but I can get to and use Google just fine.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

twitter.com...

Gab is experiencing heavy traffic load since Saturday; 1 million new users. They are adding more servers.

I've used Firefox for 10+ years. Now? Nothing is safe anymore.
Brave browser may be an alternative, for the moment.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Thanks...I've actually used Brave for a long time now. I only use FF for specific things. But you are correct...NOTHING is safe anymore. Hasn't been for a while. Always assume everything you use on the internet is compromised.

top topics

join