It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was ‘TRUMP’ Carved into a Florida Manatee’s Back?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   
from Snopes,

Mutilating a manatee carries a fine of up to $100,000 upon conviction.

Claim
An endangered Florida manatee was discovered with the word “Trump” carved into its back.

Origin
In mid-January 2021, Florida wildlife officials announced that they were investigating the illegal mutilation of a threatened Florida manatee after it was discovered that the word “Trump” was carved into the mammal’s back.

The incident was first reported by the Citrus County Chronicle, a newspaper in Crystal River, Florida, on Jan. 11, 2021. It subsequently received worldwide coverage and went viral when media personality Exavier Pope shared a video of the mutilation on Twitter.

a manatee with his name scraped into its back was found in the headwaters of Florida’s Homosassa river (via Citrus County Chronicle). At the moment it’s unclear whether the animal was actually injured, or if the name was just scraped into the algae on its back, but it’s a crime either way.

from The Verge

Personally I don't give a flying phuq about politics when it comes to this Manatee, this is bang out of order.

Let me make some predictions.

The Left will blame the Right.

The Right will blame the Left.

This is all kinds of wrong and, if you think it isn't, you are part of the problem!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Carving manatees is frowned upon around here

So is Snopes

Next?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I agree it should have never happened. The manatee are the most inoffensive of creatures.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Lol
This sounds fake as hell.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If that is real someone needs to hang from a tall tree. Abusing animals is pathetic.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
How do you catch and harm a 12 ton creature, without getting tail punted into next week?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Why would an evil leftist pond scum asswipe do that?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Oh the singularity! They should put this manatee and that one turtle that had the plastic straw in its nose on a world tour with Greta Thunberg.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Please note I make no assumption about the political affiliation of the culprit. I wanted this to be impartial.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's what they do and then blame it on Trump supporters, kind of what they did in Washington D.C..

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
Please note I make no assumption about the political affiliation of the culprit. I wanted this to be impartial.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Oh the singularity! They should put this manatee and that one turtle that had the plastic straw in its nose on a world tour with Greta Thunberg.

HOW DARE YOU

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I can't figure that out any more than why an evil rightist pond scum asswipe would do that.

I don't get why a human would do that DB! No Bipartisan bull# here. Merely outrage and shock.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Sure ya did bud. Sure ya did...

That’s why Trump was in caps in your title, right?

I see the article does not. Hmmmm.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I can't figure that out any more than why an evil rightist pond scum asswipe would do that.

I don't get why a human would do that DB! No Bipartisan bull# here. Merely outrage and shock.

Hook, line, and, sinker!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Realy?

You're an openly anti-Trump foreigner. Which is fine, you have every right and freedom to be such.

You posted it in a forum called US Political Madness.

And you expect me to believe you're non-partisan.

I was born at night, it just wasn't last night.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Obviously, it was either aNtIfA or the blacks.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   

DB, clearly the Manatee has Trump carved in It, do I think, 100% it was a Trump fan? Not that gullible...

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
How exactly did they scrape a name that big on its back?
That’s a big animal and its hard to believe it just sat there and let it happen.
When it say “carved” I think cutting so it’s painful.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Obviously, it was either aNtIfA or the blacks.

Do you have an alibi?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join