It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Belichick Declines To Accept Presidential Medal Of Freedom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Bill Belichick declined to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Trump, seemingly breaking from a friendship with the billionaire business mogul.

"Recently, I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients. Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award," he said in a statement.

"Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation’s values, freedom and democracy. I know I also represent my family and the New England Patriots team. One of the most rewarding things in my professional career took place in 2020 when, through the great leadership within our team, conversations about social justice, equality and human rights moved to the forefront and became actions. Continuing those efforts while remaining true to the people, team and county I love outweigh the benefits of any individual award."

You can read more here - www.google.com...

Not a lot to discuss here really. It was a personal decision I suppose. I guess opinions will run the gambit of virtue signaling to pandering to loyal American. A decision he may or may not regret in the future. Who knows.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Imagine winning Lloyd’s or Vegas on such an obscure stat

Like Obama winning Nobel Peace Prize

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
Taking a knee eh Belichick? I don't see how a sports hack fits the bill for the medal anyways. I bet a lot of new englanders will cheer on his signal of virtue though lol. Go him.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I dont think anyone really gives a $hit

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

I can certainly agree with that. A lot of these big name awards have been watered down IMO. It’s seems like most are awarded on popularity, monetary reasons, or some quid pro quo nonsense. Maybe in the generation of every child gets a trophy the adults do too.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I dont think anyone really gives a $hit

Just NE fans, and they're not real people anyway.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   

What a complete and total loser.

Guess he is virtue signaling for hi 20 something wife.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

A lot don’t I agree. I generally don’t myself. But when there is chaos surrounding events I like to watch how people react.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I thought he was in jail for pimping hookers, or trafficking children, in Florida.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Wow
I didn’t think the deranged Leftist cult could compromise Belichick.
I’ll never watch football again.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I thought he was in jail for pimping hookers, or trafficking children, in Florida.

I believe you may be thinking of Robert Kraft...

link   

the decision has been made not to move forward with the award

You know, nowhere in any of the reports on this have I seen Bill Belichick, himself, claim to have been the one who decided the award ceremony and reception wasn't going to happen. His wording, in all cases, sounds like a man abiding by what he's been told to abide by.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Wow

Tom Brady must’ve left him a broken man.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

originally posted by: RazorV66

Wow

Tom Brady must’ve left him a broken man.

There’s no doubt about that.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

the decision has been made not to move forward with the award

You know, nowhere in any of the reports on this have I seen Bill Belichick, himself, claim to have been the one who decided the award ceremony and reception wasn't going to happen. His wording, in all cases, sounds like a man abiding by what he's been told to abide by.

Agreed. He’s getting paid a lot of money from the NFL. He was a personal friend of Trump’s as well. I can see them (in light of all the scraping an bowing that has been occurring in the NFL) telling him that he can not accept. He’s not going to risk what’s left of his career over this. This is not the hill he’s going to die on for sure.
edit on 1/11/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:27 AM
link   
What good is the Medal of Freedom from a traitor President?

What good is the Medal of Freedom if it's handing out to Jim Jordan and Rush Limbaugh?

Just another American tradition ruined by Trump. I'm frankly surprised he didn't award himself one.

Thank you Bill for being a real patriot, not one that just hugs the American flag.
edit on 12-1-2021 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Taking a knee eh Belichick? I don't see how a sports hack fits the bill for the medal anyways. I bet a lot of new englanders will cheer on his signal of virtue though lol. Go him.

And sports hack? You, sir, sound salty.

I'll take a knee with him! I like how it pisses people off.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Belichick is nothing more than a closet SJW. He likes to play conservative but when it gets tough he gets going. This is nothing more than pandering to a base that doesn't even like him, the left. He's finished.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
What good is the Medal of Freedom from a traitor President?

What good is the Medal of Freedom if it's handing out to Jim Jordan and Rush Limbaugh?

Just another American tradition ruined by Trump. I'm frankly surprised he didn't award himself one.

Preach

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:41 AM
link   
doesn't want to deal with the blowback - fair enough too - its rabid hunting season on anyone showing favour to Trump.

Welcome America, you've now entered a new age.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join