It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ramblings Of a Simpleton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hear me out if you will?

I wanted to start off my first sentence as, "I can solve 'THE' Singularity". The more I thought about it, the more right I was.

There are so many different singularities out there how do you solve for the "before singularity"? Right! That's what I said.
How can you solve for the singularity when each one of us is a singularity, each animal, each plant, water, cells, molecules, electrons... You get the point. All singularities in their own right. All.

I am sure there is someone out there that can give a reason. But if all singularities were separated. Does your reason or mine matter? Was there a more "special" (another word for it?) singularity that brought all this together? Or, is singularity just a word we learned to explain everything?

I lay at night often. Close my eyes imagining a single point. There had to be a beginning? The First Law of Thermodynamics says so right? It is so hard to imagine something beginning without beginning at all. Just poof, here everything is, while ignoring the FLOT.

WTF are we?
edit on 5-1-2021 by CopeLongCut because: (no reason given)

P.S. It's like sitting in front of a TV and watching all the singularities all at once.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CopeLongCut

In the name a singularity is a point, a location in space and perhaps also in time.

A Quantum singularity is a name given to a black whole, a point in time and space so over ridden by gravity that time and space affectively end at it's event horizon.

But a singularity in the technological sense while definitely NOT a singularity refers to a point at which merging occurs between the technology and the individual.

But it could also be wrongly used to refer to the time an individual becomes all thing's, when everything merges into everything else not through diminishing but through a kind of ascension.

It is of course not actually a singularity but don't stop some person from repurposing words and there meanings for something entirely unrelated.

As for simpleton's, most folk's that claim to be such are far more intelligent than those that claim or believe themselves to be the more intelligent.

Pride as they say comes before a fall.

And we have all stood at both vantage point's in our lives.

Or to quote the good book.

The Beginning of wisdom is understanding that you don't have any.

In other words those that claim to know often simply don't, they see from one perspective and it will eventually be there downfall if they live long enough, those that know they don't see everything are often more grounded in the real world and the struggles of day to day life, sadly this too can damn them to a cycle of perpetual bondage since only by climbing can we get out of the hole but at the same time there is the story of King Sisyphus to contemplate, we are all Sisyphus on our own way, every one of us is pushing that boulder up the hill and trying to reach that way out that is always beyond our grasp, so should be give up.

Never it is not always the end of the journey that matters but the journey itself.

Oh by the way you are correct in your definition of the word Singularity, we are all singular so I was not referring to your point but to the use of the word in place of merging by those whom believe in a technological Singularity as they call it.

edit on 5-1-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Than you. I appreciate your well thought out comment. As always. You never get winded by just one sentence (threads of your own) or responses. a reply to: LABTECH767

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CopeLongCut

The Ramblings Of a Simpleton.

...WTF are we?

P.S. It's like sitting in front of a TV and watching all the singularities all at once.

Thanks for the invitation !

We don't know.
Nobody knows.
Those who have all of the answers : don't really know at all.

Maybe 'We are nothing' , is just as valid as 'we are something' ?

Don't know.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: CopeLongCut

The Ramblings Of a Simpleton.

...WTF are we?

Thanks for the invitation !

We don't know.
Nobody knows.
Those who have all of the answers : don't really know at all.

Maybe 'We are nothing' , is just as valid as 'we are something' ?

Don't know.

very Fight Club.

About the secrets of the universe...?

“The dead might know, but they ain’t talkin” - Tom Robbins

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I don't know either. I can guess and you can guess and we all can guess , even those who guess they already know.
This is nice to listen to I guess.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

If you believe in Bohm's (and Blake's and a lot of Vedanta) physics theories about the Implicate and Explicate Order, then we are all existing in a giant Now, there is no past or present or future just a now. Or to put it another way, all information and 'beings' , everything, is stored as a record in the Implicate Order, and becomes manifest in the Explicate Order. This data will always, has always, and is always existing, and always communicating with every other bit of data in existence.
All molecules are always communicating with all other molecules, regardless of type. For the Type is an illusion of separateness created by being only one 'purposely blind' part of the Whole.
edit on 5/1/2021 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Does an ant deliberate about the existence of dolphins? Do monkeys worry about the theory of relativity? WE, are like them. WE only think ourselves special when we are just another line in the abundance of life.
Just because we as humans think we are the epitome of intelligence that we have to find the answers to a problem that might never have existed. Singularity? had it existed? The Big Bang? Did it happen. Nobody and I mean nobody can prove either thing, they can only postulate and theorise.

top topics

join