It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunch Today! WOO HOO!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Yeah, in and out is just gross, if you got to drown your food in all that sauce then it's not a good burger plus the buns taste stale.
🤢

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good blog post though.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Muninn

Yeah, in and out is just gross, if you got to drown your food in all that sauce then it's not a good burger plus the buns taste stale.
🤢

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good blog post though.

🤣

Now that's saucy..

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:12 AM
link   

edit on 2-1-2021 by NarcolepticBuddha because: rikku

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Never understood the appeal of In And Out. I've said this before in the land of a million bars, Las Vegas, why would anyone want to go the fast food route is beyond me. You'll always get a better burger in a bar and frankly, IAO is low on my list of fast food burgers if I have to get one. Plus, you can get a beer in a bar and you ain't a gonna get one at IAO.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Exactly. You can get a better burger literally anywhere and everywhere. Even at home. But the novelty of a new place in town presents a new set of flavors for the brain.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 02:39 AM
link   

The novelty wore off real fast after the first couple IAO bites. THIS is what all the fuss is about? Are you frakking kidding me?

It's different living in Vegas than pretty much any other town/city so I'm spoiled by having such a large service industry. The food here is amazing and everywhere. The only reason to go the fast food route is convenience and I'll give up convenience for a good burger any day BUT, having said that, I do have a weak spot for Carl's Jr's double western bacon cheeseburger.

I was on the other side of town a few days ago and knew coming home I was passing a CJ's and I said no, I'm not a gonna stop and spend the money. Nope, not gonna do it.

I did. Devoured it before I got home. Gods, it was so good.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

THIS is what all the fuss is about? Are you frakking kidding me?

I had the same reaction the first time I tried a Chick-fil-a

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm sure there are better burgers in Vegas. And no, IAO isn't the end-all fast food burger (that title would have to go to Naugles (RIP) and their Green Chili Cheeseburger).

As far as mom & pop, hole in the wall, burger joints go...no fast food chain will ever hang with those guys. They're better, hands down, no argument there. (That title would have to go to Grub's in Wyoming and their Shamrock w/ cheese). And yes, you can get a beer there. Or, a dive bar down the street from Great Lakes Steel in Detroit.

We have CJ's all over the place here, and they're 'okay', but they're everywhere. I never really cared for their beef. I'd take Wendy's over CJ's, but that's just my preference.

I like IAO, and I like them for a couple reasons. One, the menu is simple; they don't try to be every thing to every body. And two, the food is decent for what it is, and you know what you're going to get from one IAO to the next. (Kind of how McDonald's used to be back in the 70's). And hey, I'll be honest...they're fun to go to, with the hype and all. It was fun for my wife who had never been to one before, so what the heck. If I had one down the street from me, and on every street corner after that, I'd probably feel the same way about IAO as I do CJ's.

It was fun, my wife had a blast, and the food was decent, so that's all that really mattered.
edit on 1/2/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

edit on 1/2/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: Never mind

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   

That I can see. Sorta like why I ride Arby’s or Pizza Hug for losing the plot over the years. Heck throw Burger King on that burn pile too...reheating pre-cooked burgers with painted on grill marks...really?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Yeah, it's a shame; I can still remember when BK used to actually flame broil their burgers right there.

Ah, the gool ol' days, right?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Pretty much ended with those four panel orange and brown hats in the 70’s

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Same here. It's just a chicken sammy and who puts pickles on chicken? What's that all about? And who came up with the status-quo of putting pickles on burgers? I've got a bone to pick with that person. I love pickles, just ate a whole jar the other day with some cheddar cheese bites. Don't put them on my sammy's, though.

Like I said, I'm spoiled. Places that give you an actual half-pound burger, not like that wimpy quarter-pounder at Micky D's. I just never got the IAO thing. Saw the in-and-out urge stickers for years and finally when I got the chance to try it I was very underwhelmed. I get your point about them being simple and to the point and that they do very well, it's just not something that really got me to where I just had to stop in and get one.

The hard part is the french fries. Don't give me them steak fries, they suck. So many ways to make fries and most of them suck. The old Carl's Jr. fries, the crinkle cut, were awesome. Don't find crinkle cut much these days and I'l stake my claim on the crinkle cut fry hill any day.

Damn you FCD. Now I really want to go out for a burger. I'll resist temptation this time but soon it's gonna have to be done. Grilled onions, jalapenos, pepper jack and onion rings on a medium rare half pound meaty delight.

Mouth orgasm.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Please don't ever do that again!

I will sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Don't go where?

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

www.westword.com...

Among the most notable are the state's first two In-N-Out Burger franchises, which have notched a combined 122 positive cases of the novel coronavirus...and counting.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah, I read that somewhere too.

Probably because they're just completely mobbed every single moment they're open!

Last time I saw mobs like that was at a Broncos game.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

It was weird when you wrote your post I was wondering about Co and how COVID is there, as I have some family there. I looked at the news and this story popped up. That is a lot of workers infected, but I am not surprised as it seems some come from California for the initial opening.

When they opened a Chick-fil-A here a lot of the workers were from Georgia.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join