It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ending The Year With Ballons, A Smack To The Face, Blurred Eyed, Hurting, And With The Creeps!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Did you by stock options on the pubically traded alcohol producers?

Beverages: Alcoholic Stocks

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

No, but I have been thinking about investing in "Barefoot".

I think the first time I saw Barefoot wine, was at my sister-in-law's house in Virginia, about six years ago. Since then I would see it every now and again in the local stores, and it always makes me think about her.

Yesterday evening, I was in a local grocery store and they had a whole wall full of Barefoot wines, from champagne to sangria. I have never seen one wine company make so many different variations of wine. Maybe that is where I should be investing.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: Encia22

I learned something new.

I looked it up, and I sure hope that it is a blessing that rains down on me, because 2020 has left me with financial challenges that a stimulus check will not put a dent in, whether six hundred or two thousand.

Thanks.

I'm happy you looked into it.

I don't wish to make you relive your ordeal, but it reminded me of the end of Charlotte's Web movie. It may give members who haven't experienced anything like that, an idea of what you meant by ballooning.

Weeeeeee
edit on 31-12-2020 by Encia22 because: Forgot to add Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Weeeee!!

It shows it beautifully. I was surprised that it didn't give me the creeps watching it. In fact, I was happy and excited for the little babies.

Now if we can just keep that experience on the screen. I am so cool with it. "I'm okay with it." "I'm okay." " Spiders are nice." "Spiders are my friends."

Weeee!!

Weeee!!

edit on 31-12-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Yeah, the good thing about Black Widows is that they're really not very aggressive at all. In fact, they're pretty darn passive actually, so you've got to just about squish one for them to bite you. Still though, not knowing if you've got one on your head or back is pretty unnerving.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Based on options you can play the investment both ways. Especially with Covid-19 coming to an end in 2021. All the players have been saying so from the start. Seems to me this was a global take own of Trump, by orders of whom? Who knows. Could be the NWO or Bilderberg Group or the Central Banks Ownership. Also stay away from whomever makes Franzia wine. Tastes like reformulated engine cleaner on a good day.

I like Barefoot. Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon.

Got to go, boss on way home. Happy NY

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Great. After reading this my skin's crawling now. I hope you got them all.

edit on 31-12-2020 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

While surely not pleasant for you, I love the living analogy, your acknowledgement of it, and take on / hopes for the future.

Covered in spiders - not cool, but perceiving it as analogous to the year in review (and a thing that can be washed clean, though not forgotten.)

Unintentionally, I believe, but your post is like poetry.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   

OMG, now I'm scratching myself, totally have the willies! I hate spiders. I know they're good because they eat the other nasty bugs, but I used to make my hubby kill them if they got in the house. Now that my hubby's in the nursing home, I have to kill the spiders.

Yeah, 2020 has been a crazy twilight zone kind of year. I have had the weirdest dreams the last few weeks. It's like something out of a dystopian movie, but I stopped drinking almost two months ago, so it's not alcohol that's making me have these dreams. Glad you're feeling better.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 02:27 AM
link   

"Lovely" story. We only have two dangerous spiders here the brown recluse, which I've never come across in 50+ years and black widows which are pretty common. So not a lot of danger but there are lots of other spiders and they do what spiders do, spin webs.

I get why they are sticky but the little buggers seem to think they are hunting humans at times with where they spin them. I've found some really big ones that are nearly invisible spun from my car to the block wall. Maybe no spiders in them but those webs don't clean off easy and if it's on your clothes then better just go change. Then of course if anyone happens to see me walking next to my car then go into inexplicable, to them, spasms, they probably think I'm a little wonky (I am, but that's beside the point) trying to extricate the web from my eyes and face and wherever else it clings to.

Invisible weapons, them webs are. Invisible weapons sounds like a good song title, do ya think?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Damn I'm still thinking about this. It's one of the worst things that can happen to somebody.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

LOL!! That's funny!

Somewhere recently (might have been here) I saw a funny post about how the definition of "success" was when you see a spider in your house you can just burn your house to the ground and move to a different neighborhood! I thought that was funny too.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It looks like the last day of the old year may be an omen for what is to follow.

I have been a forensic nurse for near a decade, I have never had a day like I experienced on the first day of 2021, starting at midnight and continuing for a full twenty-four hours plus.

2020 left with the promise of great beginnings, but left behind a web froth with challenges, fears, complications, and possibilities ripe with fruit that may be bitter, may be sweet, or may wither on the vine.

I pray that 2021 will not bring another day of chaos, evil, immaturity, destruction, and madness, like 01/01/2021.

I am expecting it to be a bumpy ride, I just pray I will be able to hold on if we fall off the cliff.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I have chosen to find something beautiful and positive in each day I am gifted in this year of 2021.

I am sharing with you this picture of a beautiful bird as gift of nature in a multicolored world.

That this beauty was found not far from Washington, D.C., and at this time, I choose to take from this a message of hope. For me it is a reminder that our world is amazing, and that diversity adds to its character, flavor and possibilities.

I need this reminder after spending another day looking into too much of the ugly side of our world.

I choose hope.

www.seattletimes.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 5-1-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Added link because WaPo has a pay wall.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Wow, that's a spectacular bird. It's as if it's flown through a paint factory.

You're right, we're often blinkered by ugliness and often just walk past beauty... especially brief moments like those people saw in the park. Those are tidbits of joy we have to store away in our minds when times are dark.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I am heading into the territory of that stage of aging when memories become more solid than reality.

I have added making memories that will carry me through that time, if I get stuck on the island of mental and cognitive impairment, from which there is no way out, sans death. So my new goal is to make as many pleasant memories as I can, while I can, including those times that may not be pleasant but I don't want to forget.

Ugly crashes into me, I don't have to look for it, but beauty surrounds me, and all I have to do is recognize it, and acknowledge it.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I love you.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah, the good thing about Black Widows is that they're really not very aggressive at all. In fact, they're pretty darn passive actually, so you've got to just about squish one for them to bite you. Still though, not knowing if you've got one on your head or back is pretty unnerving.

Can confirm. I was removing a crawl space door, and when I grabbed the lip my finger pressed up against something soft, so I immediately recoiled and looked, and it was black widow. Sure was glad it didn't bite me.

But I also had one come running up at me when I was clearing up some brush. Damn things are quick! I just ended up chucking the stick as far as I could lol.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Love you more. 😙

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I think it is spider season or something. I saw another in the field today when I was walking Bellah, my energetic Husky.

It was just floating in the air, gently floated right past my head, this time. I quickly looked to make sure there weren't anymore. There was not, but I saw about three dragonflies, and one butterfly float past me. A bit more than expected on a cool morning.

I probably disturbed them as I walked the field. It was a beautiful morning. I think they wanted to enjoy it too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join