It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Masks Aid in Spreading Covid-19 Among General Population?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I posted something like this in another thread. And it got me thinking.

Took the kid to a children’s museum. All the interactive exhibits were open. Good.

Everyone had to wear masks, and wear them snug against their mouth and nose.

So you had kids and adults constantly touching their masks to adjust them. Touching the exhibits, then go back to adjusting their masks as they slip down. Sometimes after coughing into the mask.

So stupid. PPE only works if properly used, worn, removed, and disposed of.

Now....
Do masks make people over confident leading to less caution and more risk taking.

Improperly used PPE does not help. And may make matters worse.

Kind of disgusting seeing used face masking discarded on the ground. And it sure cannot be sanitary.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Ok...

Stop for a moment and picture some time you've been to the doctor's.

Doctor comes in, opens a new pack of sterile gloves and mask, puts them on, proceeds with whatever, after appointment, doctor disposes of mask and gloves in biohazard bin, when you leave, room is thoroughly sterilized with cavicide before next patient, person who sterilized room disposes of gloves they used.

Now?

Have you seen anyone, anywhere doing any of that for covid at all?
edit on 22/12/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Think about flu season in a typical year.

They tell you to wash your hands and not touch your face. They started out telling you to do this with COVID too, but then it was all MASK, MASK, MASK, and if you didn't MASK, MASK, MASK, you might as well be a serial murderer.

So people stopped caring about the other things. They got complacent. The almighty mask is their personal COVID shield and so long as it touches their faces, they're safe because the authorities said so.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

"Do Masks Aid in Spreading Covid-19 Among General Population?"

Not if we cannot go out.

Curfews, lockdowns, travel restrictions etc etc are ensuring that nothing is going anywhere much except government employees and amazon deliveries.

edit on 22/12/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I wear the same disposable mask for at least a week. Cant take any chances with the covid ya know.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
For what it's worth, spread from surfaces is considered very far down the list of likely vectors.

The only thing most masks do is limit the exhaust of microfine water droplets from the nose and mouth.

It's not 100% perfect, but proper use does inhibit most contagion.

edit on 22-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Does anything work if you don’t use it properly?

The mask is only for you to not spread your droplets.

You can only be responsible for you.

Do those fighting against masks (or using them improperly) endanger others. YES!

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
I wear the same disposable mask for at least a week. Cant take any chances with the covid ya know.

I bought my own made from organic cotton. Had it for months. Haven't washed it once. On purpose. I always loudly point this out every time some mask fascist makes me put it on.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Do those fighting against masks (or using them improperly)

Ummm. you mean, like, 99.999995% of the people walking around with one?

endanger others. YES!

Not at all. Mask natzis endanger far more than those who quietly refuse to wear a mask.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Do those fighting against masks (or using them improperly) endanger others. YES!

If you have droplets in your mask, if a person is actually wearing a mask rated to stop droplets, then adjusts their mask. Then say touch the gas pump. Then you touch the gas pump, then you adjust your mask. Rub your eye. Grab a bite when you get back to your car.

Not to mention if you go out to eat. Sneeze in your mask, then take it off to eat. Where do you put it.

How long does Covid live on surfaces.

Not all masks are created equally, and stop droplets equally.

Then you ignored the over confident and less cautious aspect.

And you ignored the disposal aspect.
edit on 22-12-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So what do you tell those politicians constantly caught without their masks on? You know, the same ones who always tell us to mask up or die?

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Spread from touching surfaces is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.

CDC

Surface transmission is defeated by keeping hands clean with soap and water when possible or an alcohol based hand sanitizer when not.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Mask create micro environment in mouth/respiratory system that amplify the quantity of bodys own microbe`s in wrong place...that could be major problem, and indeed it has been since dental infections and even loosing teeth are reported etc.

edit on 22-12-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Most mask requirements/suggestions are intended for very limited time frames, usually, the amount of time you are in close proximity to other people.

Again, masks inhibit but do not prevent.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I saw a guy in the grocery store yesterday pull down his mask and sneeze then pull the mask back up.

Pretty sure his mask wasn't really doing much good.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Kind of disgusting seeing used face masking discarded on the ground. And it sure cannot be sanitary.
Funny that the government that is all worried about this super contagious and super deadly virus hasn't supplied biohazard containers for the proper disposal of the used masks.
Maybe it isn't as deadly and contagious as they are telling us?

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
People should also avoid doing this :

Twitter link

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Annee

So what do you tell those politicians constantly caught without their masks on? You know, the same ones who always tell us to mask up or die?

I think we should all follow the same science that Dr. Birx used when she celebrated Thanksgiving with her family of multiple households... without masks.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

People should also avoid doing this :

Twitter link

I saw this a few days ago...
That can't be real can it?
Just not buying that one.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

She had a neat loophole prepared.

They were getting ready to sell the place, so the 'Rona knew they weren't mainly there to celebrate together in any actual way. They were having a "working holiday".

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join