It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid Mutations-Faster Spread: Minks and Origin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Could it be that minks are the animal of origin for Covid 19?

Covid 19 is highly transmittable among minks in mink farms. And it mutates in minks faster than in humans. The new mutations of Covid in minks are then transmitted to humans.

Health officials in Denmark have released genetic and experimental data on a cluster of SARS-CoV-2 mutations circulating in farmed mink and people, days after they announced the mutations could jeopardize the effectiveness of potential COVID-19 vaccines.

News of the mutations prompted the Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen to announce on 4 November plans to end mink farming for the foreseeable future — and cull some 17 million animals — sparking a fierce debate about whether such action was legal.
Fonager says researchers in Denmark have sequenced viral samples from 40 mink farms and identified some 170 coronavirus variants. He adds that in viral samples from people — representing about one-fifth of the country’s total COVID confirmed cases — they’ve found some 300 people with variants that contain mutations thought to have first emerged in mink. “That is something we really want to keep a close eye on.”

Covid Mink Analysis Shows Mutations: Nature

And Denmark wants to kill/cull 17 million minks because one of the variant mutations in minks has mutated in a way to undermine the vaccines. The vaccines are based on getting the human body to make or release a specific protein to kill Covid. This new mutation in minks undermines the protein released in the human immune system that kills Covid.

Scientists at the World Health Organization and around the world are studying a mutated variant of the novel coronavirus that is infecting humans after spreading through mink farms in the north of Denmark.

One strain of mutated SARS-CoV-2, found in 12 humans in Denmark, appeared in laboratory tests to exhibit “decreased susceptibility” to antibodies from previously infected people, the country’s State Serum Institute said in a preliminary report.1 This variant, if it spread, might be less easily controlled by covid-19 vaccines currently under development, the report warned.

Covid-19: Denmark to kill 17 million minks over mutation that could undermine vaccine effort: BMJ

Also from the World Health Organization...

To date, Statens Serum Institut (SSI) in Denmark has identified seven unique mutations in the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2 among variants co-circulating in mink and humans. SSI cultured the “Cluster 5” variant with four amino acid changes in the spike protein, which was identified in mink and isolated from the 12 human cases reported in North Jutland. Preliminary findings suggested that there was a lower capability of antibodies to neutralize the Cluster 5 strain, which requires further investigation.
In November 2020, 349 cases were reported among people associated with mink farming, an increase from 200 cases in October 2020. Since June 2020, a total of 644 people associated with mink farming have tested positive. Furthermore, there have been at least 338 cases reported among people working with mink pelting, in six factories and two small facilities, which suggests that there is an increased risk of COVID-19 infection in people who are involved in farming, culling and pelting of mink. As of 1 December 2020, a total of 289 mink farms have been affected, which accounts for approximately 20% of all mink farms in Denmark.

From the week beginning 6 June 2020 (week 24) to the week beginning 16 November 2020 (week 47), 10 386 COVID-19 positive samples from unique individuals underwent whole genome sequencing, which accounted for 17.6% of all positive samples in the corresponding time period. Of these sequenced samples, 750 were virus variants associated with infected mink. In addition, at least two new SARS-CoV-2 variants were recently detected in Southern Denmark which were not genetically related to the original Danish mink-associated variant strain.
SARS-CoV-2 mink-associated variant strain – Denmark

And now one of the mink farm mutations that was transmitted to humans is circulating in Southern England forcing new lockdowns. This new mink mutation causes Covid to be even more transmittable than before.

The surge of COVID-19 cases in southern England may be associated with a new variant of coronavirus, Hancock told lawmakers.
“We’ve currently identified over 1,000 cases with this variant predominantly in the south of England, although cases have been identified in nearly 60 different local authority areas,” he said. Initial analysis suggests that the new variant is growing faster than existing variants, he added.
Maria Van Kerkhove, WHO’s technical lead on COVID-19, said the agency had “no evidence this variant behaves differently” and that it was similar to a variant initially reported among mink in Europe. She said scientists would further study the new variant to see if there might be any difference in how it prompted
edit on 14-12-2020 by MapMistress because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MapMistress

Fixing my post...

The surge of COVID-19 cases in southern England may be associated with a new variant of coronavirus, Hancock told lawmakers.
“We’ve currently identified over 1,000 cases with this variant predominantly in the south of England, although cases have been identified in nearly 60 different local authority areas,” he said. Initial analysis suggests that the new variant is growing faster than existing variants, he added.
Maria Van Kerkhove, WHO’s technical lead on COVID-19, said the agency had “no evidence this variant behaves differently” and that it was similar to a variant initially reported among mink in Europe. She said scientists would further study the new variant to see if there might be any difference in how it prompted an immune response in people.

New Variant of Covid Found in England

Which brings to light that because minks are so highly contagious for Covid and the conditions of mink farms, could Covid have originated or spread quickly from minks to humans in China? The answer is yes. In China, farmed minks are considered "wild animals" and minks were being sold at the Wuhan market which is the main spread of Covid in Wuhan.

Since that is so, then who is the main purchasers of China's mink? China's minks are mainly sold in Europe, places like Milan and Northern Italy. Could Covid-19 been circulating in Milan earlier from the purchase of China's minks? Yes! Yes!

Scientists in Italy detected the novel coronavirus in a four-year-old boy’s throat secretions, suggesting the virus' presence in Italy as early as last November.

The study, led by scientists at the University of Milan, analyzed oropharyngeal swabs collected from 39 patients between September 2019 and February 2020.

Study finds COVID-19 presence in Italy in November 2019--Scientists in Milan say 4-year-old boy showed flu-like symptoms as early as November last year

So Covid-19 was definitely circulating in Milan--fashion capital of Italy-- in November 2019. Most likely due to purchases of Covid infected minks sold in Milan from China.

Mink farms are under quarantine in Europe and the United States and despite this the mink farmers still want to sell the fur from minks that have knowingly been infected with Covid.

China saw dollar signs in Denmark's cull of 17 million minks infected with Covid. China wants to continue selling their minks without proper testing.

So as the winter got colder in 2020, China's mink sales went up in Europe. Areas like Milan and Northern Italy now have Covid spikes 5 times higher than last winter and it continues to spread despite lockdowns.

Makes me wonder if China is knowingly exporting Covid-infected minks to other countries on purpose

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

(I may disagree on some point's but great post)

No, the origin of the natural strain was bats and a Chinese scientist has gone on record and fled to the USA made a statement that the Covid Virus is the result of TWO natural Covid Virus Strain's being SPLICED in the Wuhan Laboratory and then she claimed it was DELIBERATELY RELEASED and that CHINA WILL DO IT AGAIN, they have weaponized something and tried to make that weapon look like a natural virus so that they can then not be blamed and they also have long term expansionist and racially (HAN) motivated policy's, part of this is based on a skewed interpretation of Confucius - edited for the post cultural revolution brainwashed propaganda fed generations of China and the rest is based on there WEIRD form of government that has at least as much in common with the NAZI's as it does with the ideals of communism, basically it's a Gangster run state but the Gangsters are called THE PARTY.

Funny thing is they are now picking a fight with Russia with some Chinese calling for the ANNEXATION of Vladivostok and eastern Russia and Ping showing an increased interest in the Arctic even planning to control the region despite the Russians, Canadians, USA and others already being both there and far closer than China is.

edit on 15-12-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   
For christsakes already....we get this pleomorphic bacteria from pigs and chickens and other foods we eat....yes lots of animals carry it...read your dam bible it tells what animals carry the bug.

There is no such thing as a "virus".

There are viral sized things...but no thing called a "virus".

Dead INERT bits of RNA/DNA surrounded by antibodies in a viral sized garbage bag cannot do anything much less mutate.
Live polluting poisoning pleomorphic bacteria existing in viral size can do a lot of damage to a human.

Smarten up.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

So according to you Corona virus doesn't exist?

I know some religions forbid some kind of meat but what the Bible has to do with it?

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

So according to you Corona virus doesn't exist?

I know some religions forbid some kind of meat but what the Bible has to do with it?

No.

I am saying the covid-cold is the VIRAL SIZED LIFE STAGE of a living reproducing Pleomorphic Bacteria.....I am saying what any Grade 10 Biology Textbook will tell you that the body normally produces small little VIRAL SIZED garbage bags of bits of dead inert RNA/DNA surrounded by antibody capsules...please pay close attention to the words VIRAL SIZED......and remember I have not made a single reference to the fictional thing people are calling a "virus".....because there is no such thing as a living mutating "virus" that people can catch from each other......but there are VIRAL SIZED living bacteria that people can catch from each other.

Yes the Pleomorphic Bacteria we are most concerned about enters us via its parasitic hosts...via our foodchain....what we mistakenly call bad gut bacteria/covid-cold/cancer comes from what we eat.

The doctrinal writings target the animals that carry the host parasitic influences....its not a fluke.....and thats funny because of the liver fluke considering their lifespan is 25-30 years.

Heres a sad sad thang.....when I went to school we got large thick and sometimes multiple textbooks for each subject we studied....a big stack each year.....in each Class we would only use an extremely small volume of the Text books we were given basiclly 10% or so.....we would only open the Text books to applicable Chapters when the Curriculum as interpretted and taught by the Teacher called for it.....so by DEFAULT no one ever read all of their large stack of Textbooks...yes astute students read everything "required of them" meaning 10% of those Texts.

At my House when I was a kid...I was not allowed to read books of my choice until after I was done my homework and had read my textbooks first....strict rule..school first....so if I followed the rules properly I had to read a little from every single class every night for homework....so my solution was to read every page of every Textbook during the first week of School....this did 2 things.....freed me from the House-rule so I could read what I wanted and it allowed me to ace every exam without ever studying or following the Instructors in class.

The guys and gals we call Doctors and Research Scientists today were the ones who never read or accessed more than 10% of those Textbooks by proxy of excelling.

I drove my Instructors pucking crazy by contradicting them and pulling the classes into deeper waters I learned to navigate by reading the whole books to the point several privately asked me to shut the puck up and not ride them so hard and they would let me do as I pleased in their Classes....I used to read what I wanted during any given Class.

I knew the curriculum was bastardized when I was 10 years old......but I also knew how to decipher the truths from the lies and what techniques were used to suppress and misdirect information within the written word.

Everything we all need to know is in the research data already.... established in concrete....with incorrect names and concepts ..... with deceptions.....but once you learn to sort through the lies ....you find the truths are always there in part.

They tried to simply make it a VOLUME ISSUE whereupon no one following status-quo defined and accepted processes has a lifespan long enough to jump through all the hoops and over all the hurdles of the suppression and bastardizations they have instituted.
edit on 15-12-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Yes the virus family of infections does exist.

I’m not sure why you don’t think they do.

Your understanding of them seems to be off.

However, I have seen similar posts from you and can tell that you are firmly set in what you believe.

Here’s a link to the fact checked virus vs bacteria debate.

www.factcheck.org...

Bacteria can be infected by a virus. So, if you are saying the TRANSPoRT vessel of the virus into the human body was a bacteria infected by the virus, that would be logical.

And to help further with virus vs bacteria....I give you meningitis in both of its forms

www.meningitis.org...

edit on 15-12-2020 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Good clarification.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
A Master Plan 😎

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I like this theory, early genetic analysis of the virus showed both in vitro and in vivo work from an original strain sourced from a bat that had quite a few similarities with some lab strains with increased infectivity to speed up studies. What is curious is that same genetic analysis showed immune response exposure to a couple known animals, humans and an unknown animal or two. One was expected to be that whatever armadillo looking thing, pangolin? And another was still unknown, mink seems logical but could have easily been a ferret or something with similar ACE2 and respiratory receptors to ours. I like it, not good for the vaccine though in the long run.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

This not a weaponized strain at all. In the lab we care about increasing infectivity to impact as much target and associated tissue as possible. If we want to increase severity, we can modify the animal model or host and knock in or knock out genes or transfect and insert genes to create a controlled and targeted response. Increasing severity in a broad way can cloud results and make it difficult to determine what the primary driver of the inflammatory process is. A botched vaccine study is more likely with a crossover from poor bio security or biosafety practices.

We would need something more stable than an RNA based virus and something that would not mutate like crazy (in case we vaccinated against it) in the wild for a viable bioweapon and it would need to burn itself out at some point so it doesn’t come back to bite the creator in the rear end.

top topics

join