It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Breathing Exercises That Can Be a Game Changer to Better Health and Virus Protection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So I was listening to a Jordan Peterson pod cast where he was interviewing Wim Hof, below is the YouTube of that recent pod cast.

What this was all about was Wim developed breathing technics that forces our bodies to be able to do things we never thought was possible. Things like be in the super cold for long periods of time even naked for days, fight off viruses and bacteria with hardly a symptom, stop inflammation, hold your breath for 7 mins and many other things.

The basics is to force the body into a self created stress situation and this opens up areas like the vagus nerve that we have not used for a very long time as we live a very comfortable lifestyle.

The basics is to deep breath for 30 breaths then hold your breath for 90 seconds, repeat 5 times a day and in about a week you will be up to 3 minutes plus. After the 90 seconds it puts your body into that stress situation that opens up the vagus nerve...Opening up to other extreme stressors like cold water along with the breathing Wim can stay in ice water for very long periods of times.

Watch the video...

edit on 14-12-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I don't do yt anymore if I can avoid it.

Is there any benefit other than being able to withstand coldness? I live in a not cold part of Australia.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Rickson Gracie has a breathing regiment that I follow. Diaphragm based breathing exercises are really helpful, especially when you engage in cardio heavy exercises like vale tudo/mma.

There re many different types of breathing exercises. Some aid in mental state others are more for physical well-being.

edit on 12 14 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I like Wim Hof. Tried this breathing exercise Not easy. Plus I smoke. But I feel like this should be in medicine or health or something. I’m good on the freezing water aspect

It ain’t gonna stop you from catching bugs, just activates the body and mind to deal on a more natural level.

Yes there was that ONE study done using it, exclaiming they didn’t become infected with a particular bacterial beastie.

But again, an apple a day, a good night’ sleep and great sex probably do the same for ya...
edit on 14-12-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Breathing is very important, not only to get oxygenated but also to channel our energy. I was once told to try breathing out before I drink something. I adopted it because it kind of makes a difference, I think. Imagination? Maybe.

The vagus nerve is something I can relate to because of Synesthesia. It's handed down genetical and I learned that it's the vagus nerve that is connecting more senses together in about 1/9th of the worlds population. It's then called Synesthesia, when the vagus nerve interconnects more senses/regions in the brain.

It is why some see music as colors or get a taste sensation for pain or physical stimulation.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

I don't do yt anymore if I can avoid it.

Is there any benefit other than being able to withstand coldness? I live in a not cold part of Australia.

Not getting sick... The resistant to cold, high altitudes, hold you breath a long time are side effects of fighting off viruses and bacteria. The other BIG key is it eliminates inflammation which is basically the leading cause of why we die of a lot of things...The "thing" doesn't kill us...The inflammation does...

I don't do the video justice so watch it and hear what I'm talking about.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Rickson Gracie has a breathing regiment that I follow. Diaphragm based breathing exercises are really helpful, especially when you engage in cardio heavy exercises like vale tudo/mma.

There re many different types of breathing exercises. Some aid in mental state others are more for physical well-being.

Do you hold your breath over 90 seconds... That is the key here in stressing the body that is what triggers it all... He talks about some breathing exercises that a person could do for a year and not come close to what you can get from this in a couple of weeks.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

It ain’t gonna stop you from catching bugs, just activates the body and mind to deal on a more natural level.

Yes there was that ONE study done using it, exclaiming they didn’t become infected with a particular bacterial beastie.

But again, an apple a day, a good night’ sleep and great sex probably do the same for ya...

It is interesting that COVID attacks the Respiratory System and a big part is it causes massive inflammation in advance cases, and this seems to be the one thing that prevents all that, so I put this above an apple and good sex, but I agree the sex is more fun.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Breathing is very important, not only to get oxygenated but also to channel our energy. I was once told to try breathing out before I drink something. I adopted it because it kind of makes a difference, I think. Imagination? Maybe.

The vagus nerve is something I can relate to because of Synesthesia. It's handed down genetical and I learned that it's the vagus nerve that is connecting more senses together in about 1/9th of the worlds population. It's then called Synesthesia, when the vagus nerve interconnects more senses/regions in the brain.

It is why some see music as colors or get a taste sensation for pain or physical stimulation.

Agree, Wim is suggesting this is a way to actually manually manipulate the vagus nerve which was never known it could be done before. I don't think people realize how big and important the vagus system is.

I'm going to try this....I'll let you know what happens in 2 weeks. I did the 90 seconds in the video and felt perfectly OK still not needing a breath unlike Jordan said.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I did scuba diving with verschickter, lot's of dives, sometimes five a day, then a few days break and that for months during his work assignments in Egypt.

Discovered very fast that once your body is trained in working with the oxygen it get's, the urge to breath in fades. 13m without any air in a 45° angle was no problem doing "apnoe dives" (13m is laughable though). Down there, it was like time stops and I didn't even think about the fact I am holding my breath. Maybe it's because I always exhale before I dove down.

Sometimes, I liked to apnoe to a diver and hand sign ask for air. Which is crucial to resist breathing in too much, because it's compressed air and will make you float up like a balloon. People wondered how I can stay down there for like forever because there's always someone on the ship watching you in the water. The secret was that I cheated but I drifted off lol.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I did scuba diving with verschickter, lot's of dives, sometimes five a day, then a few days break and that for months during his work assignments in Egypt.

Discovered very fast that once your body is trained in working with the oxygen it get's, the urge to breath in fades. 13m without any air in a 45° angle was no problem doing "apnoe dives" (13m is laughable though). Down there, it was like time stops and I didn't even think about the fact I am holding my breath. Maybe it's because I always exhale before I dove down.

Sometimes, I liked to apnoe to a diver and hand sign ask for air. Which is crucial to resist breathing in too much, because it's compressed air and will make you float up like a balloon. People wondered how I can stay down there for like forever because there's always someone on the ship watching you in the water. The secret was that I cheated but I drifted off lol.

I'm going to see if I can hit 5 mins

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

around two and a half was my record holding breath on surface. It's easier under water even though I spend energy and oxygen to move around and look at things.

Or maybe it tricks my mind because time is dilated under water / experienced different with something to do, other than sitting there with a few people in my face, just waiting until I gasp for air.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The exercises I use are more geared toward vale tudo style fighting and Brazilian jiu-jitsu. Breath holds are not encouraged for that.

That said, we do breath holds to open up the lungs more and expand capacity. Now, that does produce a level of stress on the body but typically stress is applied externally for this type of breathing.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The exercises I use are more geared toward vale tudo style fighting and Brazilian jiu-jitsu. Breath holds are not encouraged for that.

That said, we do breath holds to open up the lungs more and expand capacity. Now, that does produce a level of stress on the body but typically stress is applied externally for this type of breathing.

It would be interesting for someone like you to try this for a few weeks to see if there is a difference.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I will try and even if I'm not as active in martial arts as projectvxn, I will see if it makes any differences.

It certainly goes against most breathing techniques that focus on flow and pulse control but why not give it a shot

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
"Hold your breath for 7 mins" lol. Brain dies after 5 minutes without the oxygen. I know it because my father was in coma as a result of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I'll tell you what, I'll give it a shot and report back.

I will start tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Holding your breath is not equivalent to hypoxia.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Did you try it and found any good results from it?

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
"Hold your breath for 7 mins" lol. Brain dies after 5 minutes without the oxygen. I know it because my father was in coma as a result of it.

David Blaine held his breath for over 17 minutes on Opera one time. Some Yogis can go for far longer....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join