It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Supreme Court says election officials were wrong; ballots may not be counted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The Wisconsin Supreme Court has ruled in favor of Mark Jefferson and the Republican Party of Wisconsin. The opinion, which was released this morning, says local election officials were wrong to suggest that voters could claim the status of “indefinitely confined” based on COVID-19.

The majority decision also held that if voters falsely claimed they were indefinitely confined “their ballots would not count.”

To be honest, this may or may not be a substantial ruling, but in this case specifically we're talking about 215,000 ballots, which is a 4X increase from 2016. All of these ballots must be determined individually. Also...

Moreover, the court stated that lockdown orders do not meet the requirements under Wisconsin law to allow a voter to claim the status of “indefinitely confined” either.

Oddly enough, neither election officials or county clerks can decide who qualifies...

In its final decision, the justices concluded that it’s up to each voter — not the county clerks or anyone else — to decide if and when they qualify as indefinitely confined.

I don't expect this will change much if anything in Wisconsin, because some of our elected officials don't seem to care what the courts have to say, but we'll see.
Link

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

The majority decision also held that if voters falsely claimed they were indefinitely confined “their ballots would not count.”

How are "they" supposed to decide how such voters voted, to make sure their votes not count?

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

How are "they" supposed to decide how such voters voted, to make sure their votes not count?

I see your .22 and raise it .45?

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
100 bucks says Pence will be calling the election.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

For who?

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
100 bucks says Pence will be calling the election.

The VP overseas the counting of electoral votes on January 6th.

I posted this elsewhere, I am sure he has enough of Trump's crap and will take great pleasure in delivering the final nail in the coffin for Trump's re-election bid.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

It was posted on one of the Nevada's thread, this case was thrown a few hours before Wisconsin electors voted for Biden.

Wisconsin awarded 10 electoral votes to Biden and Harris, only an hour after the Wisconsin Supreme Court struck down a Trump campaign challenge to the results and delivered the GOP its fourth major post-election court loss in the state in four days.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

A final ruling will be given on November 4th, 2024.
All other noise is just that.

posted on Dec, 14 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

They have to be decided individually. How is a good question. I don't expect anything to come of it at this point.

top topics

join