It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here try sensory deprivation tanks?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Mmm Anna Torv in Fringe my favorite TV show of all time..

edit on 8-12-2020 by 68Satellite because: Because Anna Torv is hot

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: olaru12
They used to have a SD tank parlor in Santa Fe and I was given a session for Xmas. Word of warning.....don't do it drunk.

I'm sure I don't need the help of alcohol to make myself look like a dumbass with possible submersion scenarios...

But 7/10 I'll be okay. Passing grade.

My GF at the time tried it with some bubba kush and said it lead straight to insanity and not the good kind.

Everything is temporary, mostly.

You can't live without being terrified from time to time.

The contrast is what makes the high notes just that.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I could not relax. I found that time drags the more uncomfortable you are. My issue was an injury that I could not relax around. I still get stiff just thinking about trying to stay upright.
Someday I'd like to try it again.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ToddB

If you ever go again, ask if they have a flotation device you could use! I always get a pool noodle.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I have considered it but I've had a couple of bouts of vertigo in the last five years, I'm afraid it would trigger that again.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

People like to think they will have out of body experiences or mind-blowing meditation sessions in those. They used them in the psychic training stuff (remote viewing) in the military back in the days that was going on.

I would be claustrophobic. No thank you.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I doubt I'll have an out of body experience.

I see it as just being more medatative.

I've spent my money on a lot dumber things though, so this one is really a no brainer in contrast 😉

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Only when I sign on to ATS.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Only when I sign on to ATS.

Lol, dude... We're going to need to get burn ward in here.

But I'm sure I give you some disappointment and even disgust sometimes.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
yeah i've done sensory depravation a couple times.

when you go in make sure you have no cuts on your body or the salt water will make it impossible to get comfortable.

Also make sure you use the pillow they usually have to prop up your head or your neck will get really uncomfortable.

I really like doing them but it's a little to pricey for my likings. I also have been astral projecting for like 18 years now and have a much easier time forgetting about my body and keeping my mind awake just lying in my bed.

I always feel a little to rushed in the pods. I feel like i should go for like 3 hours but that would cost way too much money.

But yeah i really do enjoy them and you do feel really good afterwards. Never had a legit OBE in one though.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I really enjoy doing the float tanks. At first, for me, the first 10-15 minutes was trying to acclimate to the floating part and relax into it. Once I finally did it was just very peaceful. I can only imagine it being like a baby floating in the womb. You feel weightless. Eventually, I had no idea which direction I was facing because I was just floating around in the dark, peace and quiet. When it's over and I emerged I felt like I was floating. Once out of the room colors looked brighter, more crisp and clear. I felt very clear minded, no stress, no worries. I highly recommended it to my friends. It is an amazing experience. I think it's time to make a float appointment 🙂

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Yes, yes, yes!!! I have.
A lovely friend of mine knew I had always wanted to give one a go. (probably since my fascination for the cult film Altered States) Anyhow she gifted me one as a thank you gift.
OMG! It was amazing. When I got out (I did an hour) I literally felt I was walking 2 feet above the ground. Every muscle and sinew felt relaxed that I had never experienced before or since. I was perfectly functional mentally, but my body felt like a completely new one. The physical feeling lasted 3/4 days. Mentally I was thinking very clearly. Somewhere inside me something 'shifted'.

I just found out recently that there is a new place not too far from where I live now, I am booking myself in for a block of sessions as a Christmas present to myself.
So the 'journey' will continue.

Rainbows
Jane

Dammit was gonna mention that loved that movie William Hurt and Blair Brown didn't it have like psychedelic mushrooms angle, hell haven't thought about that in decades

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Nice, it's a good plan using that bundle.

I read in a book that there are these tanks but with breathable solution inside. I guess these are just fiction or used under medical watch, for whatever reasons. I figure it's not for the faint heart-ed to have to drown first and that might not be helpful to relax and casually used.

My concern is outside noises as you know I get color flashes when I have closed eyes. A water drop could rip me out of meditation, I know it from meditating in the bath tub with epsom salt. It's the same stuff you will encounter, it's basically sea salt and the part that makes you float.

That seems to be the last possible tier of sensory deprivation, the breathable solution (if not just fiction), but also kind of extreme.

Doesn't the magnesium in Epsom salt make you feel relaxed? It was on the things that helped mt Dad's neuropathy when he had chemo.
edit on 8-12-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
You mean absorbed through the skin? I honestly don't know, maybe. I am already fairly relaxed when I get into the tub. I guess in your Dad's chemo it was used intravenous. Hope he is doing fine now. Just so there is no misunderstanding, the Epsom salt comes into the water, a lot of it and it makes you float better physically.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
A word of warning......the salts really damage your hair.... especially if you have coloured hair.

Lisa and Homer try sensory deprivation:

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
Yes it isn't good for the hair but if you do not overdo it, it'S going to be fine. It depends if you are around chlorinated water a lot, like public pools. Not in 2020 though.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Yes it isn't good for the hair but if you do not overdo it, it'S going to be fine. It depends if you are around chlorinated water a lot, like public pools. Not in 2020 though.

It's not going to be fine.
I had only one session that lasted 45minutes and my hair was wrecked until it grew out.

I advise wearing a tight fitting swimming cap......no one warned me.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It may depend, I have permanent dyed hair too and no issues. I had some with sea water and lot's of scuba diving but a epsom bath here and there didn't hurt my hair.

Of course everybody should test out first, before going into a two hour session and the hair is ruined.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join