It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here try sensory deprivation tanks?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So, I found out we have a place here with sensory deprivation tanks. Its something I've always want to have done.

For those who aren't familiar with them... They're soundproof pods that have body temperature water saturated with Epsom salt to make you buoyant.

Completely dark, completely silent, body temperature water. There is no sensory input.

It's just you and your consciousness seemingly separated from everything.

Thoughts? Experiences? Hit me.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
On my bucket list...always wanted to try one. Let me know what you think if you try it!

a reply to: CriticalStinker

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Buvvy
On my bucket list...always wanted to try one. Let me know what you think if you try it!

I'm absolutely doing it, probably in the next week.

It's not even that expensive, like 60 for an hour. If you really dig it they offer memberships.

I'll follow up and let you know my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I go to them sometimes. I like it because I love being capital "A" Alone, but dont often get the chance.

A word of caution would be to at least try to sit naked it a pitch black room and meditate before you go and spend money. Because it's that, but wet.

Its probably an ideal setting for real therapy using psilocyb!n, but most places that have them have more of a tanning salon vibe.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Never tried it but I would imagine getting very bored and farting then screaming to myself "Oh Hell Yeah Baby JACUZZI" (while wishing I had a gas mask).

As for Induced OOBE well give me a push of a cliff and a resuscitation team anytime it's far more likely to work (Assuming they can get humpty back together again that is), that said I would guess for naturally gifted people with high ESP ratings this may actually work, Remote Viewing (a lower stage than OOBE only there senses are extended so maybe a lot safer as well), telepathy that sort of thing.

Telepathy is a definitely a thing, mothers often know when there children are ill even if they are thousands of miles apart and have not spoken for years, not all mothers but those that never truly let go of there child in there heart even if bad ex husband's or other circumstances have separated them.

That said JACUZZI and then of course a bored mind would replay the iconic scene of a really dumb killer robot disguised as a man saying UZZEEEE NINE MILLEEEEMEEETER and then imagine old Arny saying something appropriate to us taking the piss out of his character F O A O.

Then again maybe just maybe a bit of piece and quite would be good for the soul? or then again left with your inner voices you may climb out bat # crazy.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 8-12-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Yes, yes, yes!!! I have.
A lovely friend of mine knew I had always wanted to give one a go. (probably since my fascination for the cult film Altered States) Anyhow she gifted me one as a thank you gift.
OMG! It was amazing. When I got out (I did an hour) I literally felt I was walking 2 feet above the ground. Every muscle and sinew felt relaxed that I had never experienced before or since. I was perfectly functional mentally, but my body felt like a completely new one. The physical feeling lasted 3/4 days. Mentally I was thinking very clearly. Somewhere inside me something 'shifted'.

I just found out recently that there is a new place not too far from where I live now, I am booking myself in for a block of sessions as a Christmas present to myself.
So the 'journey' will continue.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Altered states! Loved that movie!!

Participated U.of M. studies, 1989

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I go to them sometimes. I like it because I love being capital "A" Alone, but dont often get the chance.

I'm starting to love the feeling. I've always liked going into the mountains and hiking to get away from it all. But even that, you're constantly aware, focused, doing something. I can't think of a time where I just let everything go completely still though. It's almost trippy.

As for the latter part of your post, I certainly appreciate the blunt honesty about what it is. I'm totally going to mentally rip on something if I get tanning bed place vibes, and probably myself for doing it... I'll laugh, do the obligatory WTFs and then try and make the most of it because I'm incredibly weird and curious haha.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Haha, I can't argue that it in and of itself is quite weird (the sensory deprivation tank).

As for Astral projection and sensing stuff from a distance... I am skeptical, but part of me wants to believe.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Still no news on my side about that topic, but I wish for you that the settings are perfect so you can enjoy the experience!

Please give us a feedback afterwards, I would appreciate it very much. I can't wait for my first time but no chance here since Corona hit. It's going to be colorful I expect.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
They used to have a SD tank parlor in Santa Fe and I was given a session for Xmas. Word of warning.....don't do it drunk.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yes.

Altered states of consciousness easier to achieve.

Easy to panic.

Can be comforting.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

OMG! It was amazing. When I got out (I did an hour) I literally felt I was walking 2 feet above the ground. Every muscle and sinew felt relaxed that I had never experienced before or since. I was perfectly functional mentally, but my body felt like a completely new one. The physical feeling lasted 3/4 days. Mentally I was thinking very clearly. Somewhere inside me something 'shifted'.

Well first, what a great friend.

But I'm glad to hear you had an extremely positive experience.

I've never just let everything be completely still, turning off any input.

I give the courtesy to my computer of turning it off for a little while every now and then... But I've never granted myself the own favor.

Enjoy your Christmas present to yourself. Sometimes those are the best.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
It's just you and your consciousness seemingly separated from everything.

That would’ve Seemed really cool in my younger days, but now just sounds awfully depressing.

Whatever works for you though, I suppose.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

They're doing a Christmas bundle. Three for the price of two.

I imagine the first time I won't be able to fully experience it. Probably just thinking about the act and process.

Second and third I imagine I'll be able to let go and enjoy it the most. I'll give my honest opinion of it though after them.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
They used to have a SD tank parlor in Santa Fe and I was given a session for Xmas. Word of warning.....don't do it drunk.

I'm sure I don't need the help of alcohol to make myself look like a dumbass with possible submersion scenarios...

But 7/10 I'll be okay. Passing grade.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Joe Rogan is a big fan of it. He talks about it alot. Just do a search on YouTube.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

That would’ve Seemed really cool in my younger days, but now just sounds awfully depressing.

Anything can be depressing.

Hell, holiday season is seen as joy and jubilation, but for many, it's not the case.

Inversely, you can come back to enjoying it.

Time is relative. Maybe you could still enjoy the tank. I could have probably worded that in a more convincing way.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm sure I don't need the help of alcohol to make myself look like a dumbass with possible submersion scenarios...

But 7/10 I'll be okay. Passing grade.

My GF at the time tried it with some bubba kush and said it lead straight to insanity and not the good kind.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Nice, it's a good plan using that bundle.

I read in a book that there are these tanks but with breathable solution inside. I guess these are just fiction or used under medical watch, for whatever reasons. I figure it's not for the faint heart-ed to have to drown first and that might not be helpful to relax and casually used.

My concern is outside noises as you know I get color flashes when I have closed eyes. A water drop could rip me out of meditation, I know it from meditating in the bath tub with epsom salt. It's the same stuff you will encounter, it's basically sea salt and the part that makes you float.

That seems to be the last possible tier of sensory deprivation, the breathable solution (if not just fiction), but also kind of extreme.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join