It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish CVS. Y mas?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
So Cvs is beginning to open Spanish oriented stores.

www.retaildive.com...

I see a trend of the country doing the same.
Translating things into Spanish. My local news, the schools districts, large stores

While I feel its damaging to water down a countries majority spoken language.

What constitutes this translation?

There are many different spoken languages in the u.s.,,,so why does the country and big business only translate for 1 group?

Its very disrespectful to people who speak other languages.
For years russians, chinese, Italian, Indian have had little to no help in this area.

Is it majority rule type thinking? Just because they have more numbers?

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Tower of Babel.

Take away common language and you divide the people.

A divided people are easily subdued.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
My daughter is finishing her last 6th year of Spanish immersion. Everything she's been taught has been in Spanish. In Minnesota.

She hates it of course, lol. But she's bilingual at 11. And that girl can talk, write, and drive me crazy with her Spanish-immersion friends.

It's not taking away a common language. Spanish is very common. What's the fear? I don't get it.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
My daughter is finishing her last 6th year of Spanish immersion. Everything she's been taught has been in Spanish. In Minnesota.

She hates it of course, lol. But she's bilingual at 11. And that girl can talk, write, and drive me crazy with her Spanish-immersion friends.

It's not taking away a common language. Spanish is very common. What's the fear? I don't get it.

Because it's a fight....the winner has its language spread and spoken more over the word. The winner had its religion praised and spread more across the world.

And you can see who is winning the fight by which religion , culture and language is sprouting up.

Some say under osoma, damn spell check, under oboma. Muslims ramped up this game and strategically placed themselves across the globe.
8 years of a lot of shipping of people.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

originally posted by: Gnawledge

Because it's a fight....the winner has its language spread and spoken more over the word. The winner had its religion praised and spread more across the world.

And you can see who is winning the fight by which religion , culture and language is sprouting up.

Some say under osoma, damn spell check, under oboma. Muslims ramped up this game and strategically placed themselves across the globe.
8 years of a lot of shipping of people.

It's not a fight. I enrolled her because I wanted her to understand other languages. She still speaks english.

There are a lot of languages out there. They are not fighting each other. They are striving to understand each other. We get nowhere without understanding.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

www.retaildive.com...

Translating things into Spanish. My local news, the schools districts, large stores

There are many different spoken languages in the u.s.,,,so why does the country and big business only translate for 1 group?

For years russians, chinese, Italian, Indian have had little to no help in this area.

I live in New Mexico, so this is common and always has been.

It's all those interracial couple commercials that bug the crap out of me. That is NOT the real world.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Because it's a fight....the winner has its language spread and spoken more over the word.

You do know that English is pretty much the standard when it comes to things like business and aviation, right?

The winner had its religion praised and spread more across the world.

What religion are Spanish speakers spreading that concerns you? Santeria?

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Spanish is a very useful and relatively easy language to learn. The entire southern half of the western hemisphere speaks it...soon the northern half?

Viva la gente!

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

If we're going to get immersed into a language, don't you think Chinese would be more prudent for success in the future? I don't see the Latinos creating a global hegemony, do you?

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leftist
Spanish is a very useful and relatively easy language to learn. The entire southern half of the western hemisphere speaks it...soon the northern half?

Viva la gente!

Spanish grammar makes zero sense and it takes way more words in Spanish to say what one concise English sentence says. part of that is because Spanish has fewer words in its vocabulary.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gnawledge

If we're going to get immersed into a language, don't you think Chinese would be more prudent for success in the future? I don't see the Latinos creating a global hegemony, do you?

Actually yeah, Chinese would be far more useful. It's just not available where I am. With my money anyway.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leftist

Uh, Brazil speaks Portuguese.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

This is new?

I've seen this in Texas for 10+ years.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

You know what would make everything right and ok?

If Telemundo would have an alternate audio track for their killer movies they show all the time.

Heck, everyone loves "The Terminator". But not everyone loves it in Spanish.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

www.retaildive.com...

I live in New Mexico, so this is common and always has been.

It's all those interracial couple commercials that bug the crap out of me. That is NOT the real world.

It depends on where you live.

I live in Silicon Valley and it’s quite real.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The Spanish language has been spoken in the United States for the past 500 years almost.

Also some 350 different languages are spoken in the United States. With 150 of those being Native American languages.

The United States is a diverse country with many different languages being spoken. Maybe you should try learning a new language.

www.census.gov...

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Easy answer there...

Money talks, bovine feces walks.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I'm gonna learn Chinese because thats what we all are going to be speaking in a couple of years...

Prove me wrong.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This has been addressed before. Language is a living and dying thing. Spoken languages live then die off, Latin as an example. As August says, English is the universal language of aviation and business and with new words added to vocabulary the vast majority are English, especially technology.
Only die hard linguists to uphold their version take these words and mutilate them to support their dying language. Take the word "computer", that's English but in Spanish it's "computadora". Now tell me the sense in that. It's just being pedantic to the Spanish language.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

I'm gonna learn Chinese because thats what we all are going to be speaking in a couple of years...

Prove me wrong.

Hard to prove, because it takes generations to see shifts in change. But the early signs are always there.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join