It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Ice-age doom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
But I am pretty self-centered and would just like to go out for a month or so into the wilderness once I get about 2 feet or so of snow.

About 10 years ago we here in Southwest Michigan received at least 6" of snow a day every day for a month. Now it packs down so in the big picture we had about 3 1/2 feet on the level. The roads were covered with inches of packed snow and they were really narrow with snow piled up 10 feet or more on the sides. they had to haul the snow away instead of just pushing it aside. One morning I measured it on my Jeep and it was 14 inches deep of fresh snow. Made it to work with snow rolling off the hood.

Good Times but I can live without it. The neighborhood bar had hardly any parking left so I spent a Saturday cleaning it up with my Bobcat. Free food and drink for quite a while.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
So instead of Climet effects warming it climate effects cooling got you .
well Im in Florida so have fun with your sking .

Lord and the same people say hotter is fake lol .

someone needs to make yup our minds will it get a 150 or - 20 will i need shorts or artic gear ?

It was 150 in the Jurassic period, or pre-Jurassic period, it was -20 in the 1700's after the last Grand Solar Minimum came through which will start showing signs by 2024, and human bodies adapted, so pack how you want to pack. You'll be fine, albeit a little toasty or a little chilly.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Heat transfer:
“Thermal radiation is a direct result of the random movements of atoms and molecules in matter. Since these atoms and molecules are composed of charged particles (protons and electrons), their movement results in the emission of electromagnetic radiation, which carries energy/heat away from a surface.
In the atmosphere we get the transfer of heat/energy by means of photons in electromagnetic waves. This energy/heat emitted through matter or without the presence thereof, like in a vacuum of space it will also propagate towards balancing its surrounding environment. When an object is at a different temperature from another body or its surroundings, heat flows so that the body and the surroundings reach the same temperature, at which point they are in thermal equilibrium.
Earth’s enclosed weather system (balloon) is however well balanced. At the Polar Regions we do get the mixing of particles on the magnetic lines as the auroras prove the photons/electron interactions with its color displays, but due to the canopy effect at the equator we get this heat trapping effect of our atmosphere up to the top of the Stratosphere (Ozone).

posted on Dec, 3 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You know the temp would have to drop at nearly "Day After Tomorrow" levels for a big thick haired woolly mammoth to freeze that fast.

Yeah.
But that's not really what was found. No actual evidence of a "flash freeze" but if you like things like what Veliskovsky came up with and Atlantis:

www.jasoncolavito.com...

edit on 12/3/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Its pure speculation either way neither one of us is able to prove our points or beliefs about whether or not they were flash frozen. its just my opinion as it is yours based on whats available unless you can show me something I haven't seen.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: LSU2018

You know the temp would have to drop at nearly "Day After Tomorrow" levels for a big thick haired woolly mammoth to freeze that fast.

Yeah.
But that's not really what was found. No actual evidence of a "flash freeze" but if you like things like what Veliskovsky came up with and Atlantis:

www.jasoncolavito.com...

And yet there’s some compelling and plausible evidence out there that, theoretically, it could be possible to flash freeze whole mammoths. According to Douglas B. Vogt from the Diehold Foundation, Boyle’s law could be responsible for the flash freezing of very large animals like Mastodons.

I actually took the time to watch his entire video series about the origine of the most recent ice age, which I found to be very interesting and convincing. I would actually strongly suggest anyone to, at least, watch his video series on the Ice Age, and form your opinion on whether he’s on to something, or full of bovine excrement. Personally, I think he’s spot on! For those who are interested, here’s a link to his videos on the Ice Age:
youtube.com...

By the way. Mentioning “Atlantis”, in my humble opinion, looks more like an attempt to discredit Velikovsky’s theories upfront, by making him look like a alu hat wearing fruit, so that whatever else is said by him must also be incorrect or false. I otherwise fail to see the relevance. But I am probably seeing things.
edit on 16-12-2020 by 2Faced because: I froze!

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

He is spot on.

Thanks for those links. Watched a ton of his videos. Spot on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join