It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Wisconsin declares large rock to be racist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Why have you quoted me?

Is there something in my post that you think is incorrect? Please point it out.

I get the sense that you misunderstood my post or just skimmed it and decided you already knew what I was going to say.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Terms And Conditions Of Use

No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
University presidents these days are so pathetically afraid of offending students. Woke children seem to run things now. They have no respect for those who are older, wiser, better educated and more experienced in just about everything. This won’t serve them well when they leave their safe place, hothouse college environments.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Hamlin

Because we went from maybe having a reasonable discussion on things like statues of Civil War generals to now anything and anyone that might at some point and in some way have the slightest tangential connection to anything that isn't Woke needing to be erased from public eyes.

In case you hadn't noticed, this is how people get notoriety today. It used to be that you got noticed for doing great deeds in your own right, but now you get noticed for pointing out how someone or something from the past is "problematic" according the woke ideals of today.

So today's great minds get others torn down and shamed rather than producing greatness of their own.

I'll be perfectly candid. I have a picture up on a Wall of Honor somewhere in the US, and because I am not a minority, that picture could be torn down if there are not enough minorities on that Wall and some minority student feels denigrated because of it.

edit on 19-11-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
A local source mentions the same group wants a statue of Abraham Lincoln removed, though no reasoning provided.

As for the rock? It was called a racial slur in a newspaper that reported on its digging up.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: haaat

And if I'm hearing it right, that reference was waaaaaaaay back in 1925.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: haaat

From your link.

a commonly used expression at the time to describe any large dark rock.

Wait, wait, wait...so it wasn't just this rock. We gotta get rolling here. Every large dark rock needs to be removed. They were all named with the same racial slur.

Every large dark rock is inherently racist.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I was just about to point that part out, just read the article. So a commonly used term for a large dark rock, we've really got to get on this and get rid of all of the large dark rocks out there. Not just the visible ones, but the ones underground as well, because quite frankly that's just hiding the racist nature of all of this.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Just like this racist nation always trying to bury all its problems.

They better get right on this!

I'll bet the very bedrock of the North American tectonic plate itself is racist. Better just dig it up and remove it. You know ... start fresh. Eventually that magma will cool off and resolidify into a new plate.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As long as no large dark rocks form during the new plate formation I think we'll be good. Then again if some jackass comes along and throws a racial slur at it, we've got to start the process all over again.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

As a UW-Madison alum, this does not surprise me one bit. It always was and still is total hippy-ville. They were protesting everything under the sun on a daily basis before it was cool. Long before BLM or ANTIFA.

NA effigy mounds are right in the middle of campus. Always have been. Same with the rock. But now it has drawn the ire of the Holier-Than-Thou crowd. Fine. Take the rock and throw it in the lake. Blow it up. Carve it into a statue dedicated to virtue signaling. Crucify the rock!

Whatever happens, it will not be enough. Never is.

My problem back in the day when I went there was (and still is I guess), don't you have classes to go to? Where do you find time for all this s***? Maybe if you studied hard and became a valuable asset to society, you would have more leverage in fixing the injustices of the world.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

There's only one solution just strip it all away

We gotta go waterworld on this.
edit on 19/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
why the heck does this matter to you guys ? lord god its a ROCK .

Turn it into gravel have a moment of silence to heal Your anger then move on with life .
Poster think these Kids are snow flakes when they are snow storms lol .

A racists Rock LOLOL OMG lest make a thread about it .
Or just iggy silly kids doing silly things and let them rock and roll it right off campus if they want .

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The True effect of shut downs Is BORD kids who with nothing better to do go making grand stands .

Kids are DUMB ( I know i was one ) in this case its harmless so why give them attention ?
After all Bad attention is Good attention far as kids figer .

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
I hate 7-11 because they remind me of the Heaven I’m never getting to. And that was just the other day....

Can I burn stuff now?

Pepsi hurts coming out of your nose!!

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Because someday, it will be something that DOES matter to you. What then?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join