It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Wisconsin declares large rock to be racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   
That's completely serious. Also, I have no idea why the paragraph at the bottom is bold, so ignore that.

The University of Wisconsin-Madison plans to remove a large rock from campus after students complained that it is a symbol of racism

President [of The Wisconsin Black Student Union] Nalah McWhorter said the rock is a symbol of the daily injustices that students of color face

Ironically,

Removal will also be complicated by the fact that the rock’s current site is near a Native American effigy mound
Source

Now, why are "students of color" complaining that this rock is a symbol of racism? Wait for it, hold on.....
Because in 1925, a single person called the rock a racial slur.
So... 95 years ago someone called a rock a racist word. That rock is now racist. Not the moron who called a rock a racist slur, no, the rock itself is racist. More than that, it's a "symbol of the daily injustices that students of color face"!
We're officially at the point where the words "racist" and "racism" no longer have any actual meaning. Snow is racist! Being on time to work is racist! Enjoying nature is racist! Rocks are racist! Racism is being turned into a joke for all future generations.
edit on 11/19/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/19/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
At what point do we collectively decide to start spanking these children again?

I'm convinced people stopped growing up when parents stopped spanking their kids.

This is a rock. Get a life!
edit on 19-11-2020 by a325nt because: Touch screen can't spell

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Regardless of what your opinion of this story is the bias was outlined in your first statement.

"Wisconsin declares large rock to be racist" "large rock is a symbol of racism"

If you don't understand the difference then so be it, but this is just another clickbait, fakenews snowflake take on the story at hand.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I hate 7-11 because they remind me of the Heaven I’m never getting to. And that was just the other day....

Can I burn stuff now?

(post by slatesteam removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I'm sure Nalah McWhorter grew up in a nice neighborhood with lots of money. So oppressed that a rock hurts her feelings. What a spoiled brat.

(post by slatesteam removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Your ignorance is astonishing.

Do you think something can't be click bait and also fake news? What makes them mutually exclusive?
What would you call a sensationalist misleading headline that takes you to a misinformed article?

If possible please respond with a properly formulated thought-out response, I don't care about grammar/spelling but the usual rebuttal from your side tends to give off more of a knuckle dragging chest beating caveman aura and lacks any actual content.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Wait if the rock was called a racist slur why does the rock have to be removed; shouldn't it be the one receiving the apology?

I guess one way to look at it is: If removing a rock that was called a racist slur 90 years ago is the worst race related issue for this student body to have to deal with the school must be doing ok on the issue of racism.

edit on 19-11-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Where did I suggest taking more statues down?

Try reading and responding to my comments and not the imaginary argument that you think is happening.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Thank you for this thoroughly googled response. Some lovely posturing and empty insults but nothing of content to add.

Just another angry old republican shaking their fist at the clouds.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The came for rock and roll. But i did not listen to it. They came for heave rock but i did not listen to it .
They came for pet rocks But i am a dog Person .
Now they come for a Racist rock and guess what i don't care lolololol.
Burn the rock Burn the rock ( o wait rocks don't burn ( sledgehammer anyone .
They took a racist rock and Turned it into a parking lot .

Even here in Florida we Get snowflake's once every 20 years a few show up for a day or two .
thing is snow melts .
edit on 19-11-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hamlin

Regardless of what your opinion of this story is the bias was outlined in your first statement.

"Wisconsin declares large rock to be racist" "large rock is a symbol of racism"

If you don't understand the difference then so be it, but this is just another clickbait, fakenews snowflake take on the story at hand.

It's a fekking rock. It's no more racist or a symbol of anything racist than a flaming candle on a Jew's menorah symbolizes The Ovens. Good #ing Christ, people.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Thank you for this thoroughly googled response. Some lovely posturing and empty insults but nothing of content to add.

Just another angry old republican shaking their fist at the clouds.
Sounds like a LGBTQ hating anti-Trumpster
But what do I know. I’m just trynna live in this world too ya know? As a straight white male In Cali. Go figure
edit on 19-11-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Your ignorance is astonishing.

Do you think something can't be click bait and also fake news? What makes them mutually exclusive?
What would you call a sensationalist misleading headline that takes you to a misinformed article?

If possible please respond with a properly formulated thought-out response, I don't care about grammar/spelling but the usual rebuttal from your side tends to give off more of a knuckle dragging chest beating caveman aura and lacks any actual content.

I’m still trying to figure out how this is an issue. I’m not being facetious when I say this, but it appears you have more knowledge of the issue than this article is informing us, can you elaborate on this?

I try to understand as much as I can from both sides of a situation and I’ve tried for the last year to understand the plight of those who call out racism. Sometimes I get it, other times I’m lost.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer far as I can tell a certain response to this post? On ATS? Is dumber than a box of.....

At least the way it’s clear to some members, this is much ado about nothing.... because erecting edifices and plaques to history and what happened there or why they’ve been placed is now egregious to some outward-thinking folks that just found the mothership....

edit on 19-11-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

What's hard to understand; we live in a society where the "cancel culture" has been popularized by a group of people frustrated that their benefactors in Hollywood and Washington are all but ignoring their feelings on the subject of race and they are looking to take matters into their own hands. In today's culture the Wisconsin Black Student Union isn't doing their job if they don't find something to "cancel". Today its the rock, tomorrow it might be park bench that the wrong person sat on 50 years ago... its just natural.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join