It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says that the internet is the biggest threat to our democracy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

www.vox.com...

Obama was discussing a media landscape dominated not just by Facebook but by Fox News that allows Americans to choose their own distorted reality. Which means, he says, we no longer have a shared set of facts.

This is just precious. The left. They own over 95% of the corporate "news" media and owns nearly ALL of big tech and social media. They censor, they gaslight, they astroturf, they subvert, they lie. And because not 100% of everything you see or read on the internet agrees with the left's narrative, THOSE OUTLETS ARE A THREAT TO OUR DEMOCRACY.

Let me translate this through my lenses. 4chan is the biggest threat to the corrupt globalist and democrat establishment. Not Fox News. For those unfamiliar with 4chan, there are no restrictions on speech. There are no usernames, no upvotes, no stars, no artificial supports for moral grandstanding. Each post stands on it's own merit. And especially in this post-election confusion, the site is more popular than ever. It does at least 5x the traffic of ATS. And that's why Biden wants to take it off line. Freedom of speech wouldn't scare anyone who doesn't have anything to hide. It's as simple as that.

Eat sh*t Obama.

+28 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

www.vox.com...

Obama was discussing a media landscape dominated not just by Facebook but by Fox News that allows Americans to choose their own distorted reality. Which means, he says, we no longer have a shared set of facts.

This is just precious. The left. They own over 95% of the corporate "news" media and owns nearly ALL of big tech and social media. They censor, they gaslight, they astroturf, they subvert, they lie. And because not 100% of everything you see or read on the internet agrees with the left's narrative, THOSE OUTLETS ARE A THREAT TO OUR DEMOCRACY.

Let me translate this through my lenses. 4chan is the biggest threat to the corrupt globalist and democrat establishment. Not Fox News. For those unfamiliar with 4chan, there are no restrictions on speech. There are no usernames, no upvotes, no stars, no artificial supports for moral grandstanding. Each post stands on it's own merit. And especially in this post-election confusion, the site is more popular than ever. It does at least 5x the traffic of ATS. And that's why Biden wants to take it off line. Freedom of speech wouldn't scare anyone who doesn't have anything to hide. It's as simple as that.

Eat sh*t Obama.

It's odd...I consider Obama and his peers, the greatest threat to our Republic.
edit on 18-11-2020 by BlueJacket because: sp

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Which means some who agree will use it to destroy democracy.

He's not fooling everybody 🚨

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Obama's "second thoughts" are not what you think they are 🚨

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
umm internet ha well any one want to protest ?
I love the net .
how the heck can we insult each other without it ?
edit on 18-11-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

He should know lol

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Because he (they) do not want us to communicate with each other.

Control.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
LoL

Flashback

No Gate Keepers - Just a Bunch of Censors/fact checkers that was heavily influenced by the Obama Regime - Big Tech had offices in the Whitehouse lol

edit on 11182020 by MetalThunder because: 7 7 7

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
At Least CT's are consistent in their ability to cherry pick data or not tell the full story to create their confirmation bias.

SOURCE GIVEN
www.vox.com...
Including a Tweet with the below quote

OP CLAIM
"Obama says that the internet is the biggest threat to our democracy"

REALITY

From the OP's source with the parts in bold being the reality of what Obama said which is not that the Internet is the biggest thread to our democracy but hey why does accuracy matter.....

"And again, it’s incorrect to say that Obama is laying the problems of our broken information landscape solely at the feet of Facebook or any other particular tech company. But he is certainly lacing into them now in a way he didn’t do prior to leaving the White House.

Obama: Now you have a situation in which large swaths of the country genuinely believe that the Democratic Party is a front for a pedophile ring...I was talking to a volunteer who was going door-to-door in Philadelphia in low-income African American communities, and was getting questions about QAnon conspiracy theories.

Goldberg: Is this new malevolent information architecture bending the moral arc away from justice?

Obama: I think it is the single biggest threat to our democracy.

HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM THE THREAD SUBJECT

When you get the full story and the context by which it was said it becomes clear that Obama was answering the question asked by the reporter and not about the Internet holistically.
edit on 18-11-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Sounds like somebody is upset because they can't completely control the national narrative

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Hahahahah yes. Checkmate.

The hypocrisy is unreal.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Obama is the single dumbest person to ever hold the highest office in the US.

It's easy to get away with being stupid when you have the media providing top cover and your supposed "opposition" making excuses for you.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum
Because he (they) do not want us to communicate with each other.

Control.

It's given birth to a new genre..."corporate sponsored woke"

😅

+6 more 
link   
As usual, he's the self-proclaimed voice of reason and wisdom. The fact that this pos still has his devoted followers is one of the greatest mysteries of our time.

+4 more 
link   
He's right.

It IS a threat to democracy(mob mentality and rule), but it is not a threat to our republic. We must pay attention to the terminology these people use, and the intent behind their words. Democracy is always threatened by individuality and autonomy, whereas our republic guarantees it.

Obama was a scumbag as president, and he still is.

edit on 11/18/2020 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

link   
Obama is not the sharpest guy around.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Sounds like somebody is upset because they can't completely control the national narrative

Precisely.

Also I love the irony in the fact that without the internet, Vox wouldn't even exist hahaha.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Obama is the single dumbest person to ever hold the highest office in the US.

It's easy to get away with being stupid when you have the media providing top cover and your supposed "opposition" making excuses for you.

LOL or dumbest person so far...

Joe Biden says "hold my beer"

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I remember that part in I Pet Goat II where there is little kid thing that has all the media stuff being fed into him from the one source.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

No, the internet is probably why we still have any semblance of democracy left at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join