It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profound thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I saw this on a Psychic's Facebook page. I'm not sure how Paranormal it is, but I found it profound.

Your Future Self is watching you right now through your memories.

Seeing how I get a flash of something happening in the future occasionally (which is definitely Paranormal) I guess that could happen in the opposite direction.

What have you found to be insightful recently? Paranormally insightful would be awesome.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Oh future self, past self used to have this idea that he could do things and future self would worry about it. Then future self came along and got pissed off at past self for being an idiot. I'm sure future self is going to look at present self the same way for some reason or another.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There´s this theory that time actually runs backward and we´re just observing something that has already happened, seems like the quote is to that effect imo. Quantum physicist use this to rationalize superposition in the field of quantum mechanics.

-MM
edit on 16-11-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A few days ago I watched a documentary called "Third Eye Spies" about remote viewing which turned out to be a very good all round insight into the subject and those involved in such projects as "stargate" and "looking glass."

Well,there is a subject that at least on the surface seems to be paranormal.
It is the ability to look at locations,witness events,and report mission critical details to US assets on the ground in the area being viewed.It sounds like fantasy-
But as those involved and other scientists who have studied it would say-Its not paranormal,but an ability within most humans which can be trained.

Anyway that led me to a rabbit hole and I ended up on YT listening to this waking cosmos interview with a scientist who,used to be a non believer in ESP/second sight but is now studying it scientifically,and now believes it is a real phenomenon,that again is trainable in most of us.
Also in that video,he talks about an experiment where he gets people to watch a random 1/0 generator.
The machine spits out 1 or 0 at random intervals.
Subjects are hooked up to machines similar to lie detectors,which measure stuff about your sweat(The electrically conductivity I think).
The experiment led the scientist to discover that the EC changes measurably--a fraction of a second BEFORE the random event takes place.

The subjects were,at least subconsciously,having an anticapatory response detectable in their sweat each time before a random event.

In other words-psychic/ESP/seeing forward in time(if only by a fraction of a second).

The same video talks about the observer effect or experimenter effect-which means if we watch an event or experiment,we somehow alter the results just by watching.

We are influencing reality,at a distance with our minds.
Again,not paranormal as such but still pretty mind blowing IMO

That was the video.There a few other good ones on that channel about consciousness and the nature of reality if you like that kind of thing.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
And will again, and again, and again............a reply to: CryHavoc

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
A few days ago I watched a documentary called "Third Eye Spies" about remote viewing which turned out to be a very good all round insight into the subject and those involved in such projects as "stargate" and "looking glass.".

There was another about that called: "The Men who stare at Goats". It's a very interesting and intriguing subject.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Very thought provoking concept. I read this somewhere.. "what you perform a year from now will affect you from this day on" and it blew my mind. Much thought!

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The physicist Julian Barbour believes there is no such thing as a flow of time. There is only an eternal now, a super-complex awareness that includes false memories of a "past" so it seems that all sorts of things have happened and are in the middle of happening. But according to him there is just this one moment. Even the feeling of trying to understand this concept seems like a process, but it is a series of false memories embedded inside each other to give the illusion of motion. It's a crazy idea the more you ponder it IMHO but very profound.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

Retrocausality is interesting - Tachyons are theoretic particles may move backwards in time.

-MM
edit on 17-11-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation
I wish I understood particle physics better. I freely admit I lack the brain wattage for it.

I have spent a long time trying to understand "spontaneous symmetry breaking", because it seems to be the closest science comes to tackling the question, "why is there something instead of nothing?" Yet despite my efforts it remains largely a mystery to me.

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

Some quantum mechanics researchers have supposedly suddenly become religious after working with it because it´s so strange that our minds just can not grasp it logically. That some particles may move backward in time might look great as math, but once you start contemplating reality if these calculation are true some turn to religion - for example, cause and effect - is everything pre-determined and don´t we have a free will?

-MM
edit on 17-11-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
The physicist Julian Barbour believes there is no such thing as a flow of time. There is only an eternal now, a super-complex awareness that includes false memories of a "past" so it seems that all sorts of things have happened and are in the middle of happening. But according to him there is just this one moment. Even the feeling of trying to understand this concept seems like a process, but it is a series of false memories embedded inside each other to give the illusion of motion. It's a crazy idea the more you ponder it IMHO but very profound.

Eienstein said something similar that the flow of time in a linear direction is an illusion.
I think we just percieve it moves in one direction because of the way we are built.
We don;t have the capacity or tools(senses)to percieve much of reality in its "actual" state.

In the "third eye spies" film about remote viewing I mentioned in my other post,they talked about some remote views which kept coming back with "wrong" imagery- some big towers and buildings were "viewed" but the site had no such buildings.
Well it turned out that these towers and buildings were on the site-100 years previously-suggesting that we are able to look across time and get imagery/info about things in the past.
(People have also remote viewed the future,but that is not possible to verify until we get there.)

So if we can get accurate info about other times from RV-I think that may support the idea time is not linear.

Reality is much weirded than we assume I think.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
The physicist Julian Barbour believes there is no such thing as a flow of time.

Without a flow of time, we'd never know who won a race, when an asteroid might hit Earth, or when to pick up a date on Saturday night.

All our minds do is create an awareness of time flowing.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
"All this has happened before, and this will happen again."
- a Cylon proverb.

top topics

join