It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK News Dominic Cummings to leave No.10 role with immediate effect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
For my UK friends and people into UK politics, and a break from US elections.

Dominic Cummings has left his Downing Street job with immediate effect, sources have said, with Boris Johnson’s influential and controversial chief adviser ordered to leave by the prime minister after accusations of negative briefings.

One source said Cummings was told to go by the prime minister after accusations he had briefed against Johnson on Friday. The news emerged after Cummings was photographed leaving the front door of No 10 carrying a box.

Sir Bernard Jenkin, the senior Tory backbencher who chairs the Commons liaison committee, which scrutinises the work of government, said his departure was a chance to restore “respect, integrity and trust” between No 10 and Tory MPs.

“I’m not surprised in a way that it is ending in the way it is. No prime minister can afford a single adviser to become a running story, dominating his government’s communications and crowding out the proper messages the government wants to convey. Nobody is indispensable.”

Not really clear if he's been fired or voluntarily resigned (aka leaving the sinking ship). Anyway, it's about bloody time Cummings was going!

Guardian Article: Dominic Cummings to leave No 10 role with immediate effect

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Dude is making a play for PM when Bojo quits. Seems the PM.job doesnt pay enough to support his 12 kids by 12 women.

God knows hes saving money on the barber shop and the dentist though.

a reply to: Encia22

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I wonder who our next Prime Minister will be?

He should have fallen on his sword back in the spring, but instead we were subjected to a tirade of verbal diarrhoea.

The way they have handled this pandemic since then, restrictions were lifted far too fast, and eat out t help out, certainly helped the virus spread.
edit on 13/11/20 by Cobaltic1978 because: Typo

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
No honour amongst thieves as they say!
Bet he'll pop up somewhere else....or there'll be a 'tell all' book

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Here's something extra to involve our American friends.

Totally unrelated, but a funny little coincidence with an ambiguous Q drop about Durham on the same day.

Here is all about the scandal of Cummings visit to County Durham during the lockdown:

Wiki Article:

edit on 13-11-2020 by Encia22 because: Tinkering

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Dude is making a play for PM when Bojo quits.

Not much chance of that. He was only an adviser, not a Member of Parliament. I don't think he could be nominated... no friends either.

LOL, even with a JCB they won't be able to get rid of Bojo from No. 10.

edit on 13-11-2020 by Encia22 because: Oops, wrong video link

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ahh true dat.

But I saw an article on bojo leaving cuz of pay. Will see i guess.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Dude is making a play for PM when Bojo quits. Seems the PM.job doesnt pay enough to support his 12 kids by 12 women.

He's not a MP or a member of the house of lords so how could he ever be PM?

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Here's a bit more details:

Boris Johnson has ordered Dominic Cummings to leave Downing Street with immediate effect, in a dramatic end to a tumultuous era which leaves a void at the heart of Downing Street.

Cummings and his ally Lee Cain – both ardent Brexiters blamed by MPs for a macho culture and a series of communications crises – were asked to step down on Friday instead of staying in place until Christmas.

Cummings and Cain will continue to work for Downing Street until mid-December, with one source saying Cummings would be “working from home for six weeks”.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Answered above. Keep up.

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   

He was fired according to the accounts we are presented

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Nobody would ever vote for Cummings. Besides PM's need to have some character, i don't think creepy, slimey and lurking are good qualities in a PM!

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Like Wormtoungue on Lord of the Rings. 😅🤣😂

a reply to: djz3ro

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

He was fired according to the accounts we are presented

Yep, initially it wasn't clear, but I later posted an update that explained what had happened.

The departure from No. 10 was all very theatrical and a bit cheesy leaving on foot with a box.

Anyway, I enjoyed this video posted on Twitter

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Off back home to Epsilon 5. Pity really, he's great in Spitting Image.

top topics

join