It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Prostitution be Legalized?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
It is crazy that prostitution is illegal... but then if you film the act and say it is a movie, it is perfectly fine. Or buy a chick some lobster and steak hoping to get a little nookie, it is a just a "date".

Be extra careful with that second part. Don't allow any consumption of alcohol or any use of mood altering drugs, prescription or not. Consent may come into question, and you could be in some serious hot water.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I wish I could answer this in some way but every one of them is a T&C of the highest magnitude.

link   
what demographic is against this? Everyone I've ever talked to had the same mindset. Adults should be able to pork each other, and if the ugly one's have to pay for it, so be it.

But seriously, if it's legal in one state or county, it should be everywhere. Being a young drunk airman in Frankfurt, I enjoyed window shopping after a few pints where the red light was on. But don't let them lie to you. they don't get better on the upper floors. Just more aggressive.

link   
I'm for legalization with some oversight, but I wonder how it would fit in with our "new normal" Covid measures...

Do prostitutes have to be masked to provide their service?
How can they maintain the six foot separation?
What type of between customer sanitation would be mandated/suggested?

Sorry for poking fun, but I couldn't resist!

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

what demographic is against this?

Oddly a huge portion of people I know!

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cameoii
I'm for legalization with some oversight, but I wonder how it would fit in with our "new normal" Covid measures...

Do prostitutes have to be masked to provide their service?
How can they maintain the six foot separation?
What type of between customer sanitation would be mandated/suggested?

Sorry for poking fun, but I couldn't resist!

Can't find it right now, but there were a few articles discussing that very situation. Prostitution is legal in counties outside of Las Vegas in Nevada and they were hurting.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

At the very least it should be decrimilized.

The people who engage in it shouldn't be afraid to report a real crime instead of being fearful of arbitrary laws against consensual acts between adults.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

For sure. As long as the workers aren't being harmed or being taken advantage of by their pimps or bosses. I think that would be a great idea.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

You have to pay extra for the dominatrix lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

But seriously, if it's legal in one state or county, it should be everywhere. Being a young drunk airman in Frankfurt, I enjoyed window shopping after a few pints where the red light was on. But don't let them lie to you. they don't get better on the upper floors. Just more aggressive.

London 90's, boyfriend and I wandered into the wrong area. The ladies were trying to get him. He was ignoring them so they
started grabbing my arm and pulling me. So boyfriend is pulling other arm, there I was in the middle. Crazy times!
edit on 12-11-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Yes, and I will be the first person in line for that midget brothel I have always yearned for.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I am against outlawing all sins... drugs, gambling, alcohol, and prostitution should all be legal with reasonable regulations/safe guards.

Prostitute should be licensed (minimum age should be 22 to avoid any issues with minors).

Must be tested weekly and results should be easily accessed online by John / employer

Payments should be managed through an app for easy record keeping.

Pimping should remain illegal.

Brothels regulated and inspected frequently - almost like how restaurants in NYC have A,B,C,D inspection reports in their windows. Prostitutes must work in regulated brothel (don't want neighbors running a 'business" out of their house).

Hookers not licensed or street walking should be criminalized.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Sex is a natural biological function. Denying people sex is what is unnatural.

On a side note, maybe this would help a lot of angry young men- Incels and such!

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I am against outlawing all sins... drugs, gambling, alcohol, and prostitution should all be legal with reasonable regulations/safe guards.

Really wanted to keep politics out of this but...... Isn't it the side that is against big government that usually
is against legalizing these things?

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Yes.

Freedom of choice is important.
Especially when it comes to our own bodies.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

London 90's, boyfriend and I wandered into the wrong area. The ladies were trying to get him. He was ignoring them so they
started grabbing my arm and pulling me. So boyfriend is pulling other arm, there I was in the middle. Crazy times!

that would have peaked my attention back in the day. I have a glaring double standard when it comes to threesomes. At least in imaginationland. reality has been a bit lackluster on that front.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Sure why not? It's funny though how legalizing prostitution would come up when we're apparently in the.midst of a raging global pandemic. Not long after they're talking about a 6 week lockdown. I guess they mean when all that's over and covid's done. Or are prostitues now immune from covid also? Maybe they'll be classed as an essential business.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Sure why not? It's funny though how legalizing prostitution would come up when we're apparently in the.midst of a raging global pandemic. Not long after they're talking about a 6 week lockdown. I guess they mean when all that's over and covid's done. Or are prostitues now immune from covid also? Maybe they'll be classed as an essential business.

It came up Pre-Covid because Kamala has a record saying she is for legalizing it, so now people are recirculating it again.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Another thing it would do, as another poster said, is legitimize claims of abuse against sex workers, which in turn would highlight at least some of the serial killers/serial abusers who start with sex workers and move on from there. Hopefully that would lead to more of these people being caught before things get really out of control.

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I'm against big government, and it's big government that's outlawing these things. So no not always I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join