It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Prostitution be Legalized?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Annee
YES

Legalized and regulated.

Why are so many people against it?

I seriously wonder. They claim morality, but we all know
it is happening.

I think we should legalize it and the reason so many are against it is because it makes them uncomfortable having to come to terms with human nature and desire.

Come on...

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadOnly
a reply to: JAGStorm

Two questions:

Would you want your child to be a prostitute?

Would you ENCOURAGE your child to be a prostitute if they were 'on the fence' about it?

Of course not, but I also wouldn't encourage my kid to work in a gas station, but that doesn't mean
I think people should have the right to work there.

You are mixing two different issues.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadOnly
a reply to: JAGStorm

Two questions:

Would you want your child to be a prostitute?

Would you ENCOURAGE your child to be a prostitute if they were 'on the fence' about it?

Shoulda asked me, I'm the one with two pre-teen daughters you could have tried arguing with.

The bottom line is they do not need to ask for permission to get a job they like, once they're 18. They are no longer minors at that age, and my control over their job choice is legally poofed.
If one or both want to work a brothel in adulthood, that's on them. I'd neither encourage, nor discourage the choice if they made it, any more than I'd encourage or discourage waiting tables or stocking Walmart shelves if they so choose. Just because I personally am not wild about the job doesn't mean I have any right to pressure them to change their mind, or denigrate a person for choosing it if they really do enjoy it.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yes it should be.

Its been around since the dawn of time and making it illegal has not stopped it. If you legalize it, mandate testing and condom use why not? We already have a existing model in Nevada.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
Yes it should be.

Its been around since the dawn of time and making it illegal has not stopped it. If you legalize it, mandate testing and condom use why not? We already have a existing model in Nevada.

Could be viewed as marginalizing. And i think at its base this is particularly true. So then we look at morality. Law and morality intertwine, do they not?

I asked the OP 2 question. This person ignored one and answered the other. This is dis-honest. The reason the OP could not/chose not to was due to morality.
edit on 15-11-2020 by ReadOnly because: NONE

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join