It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Quote-Unquote Cities Errupting in Celebration of Biden Win - Not a Peep On Social Distancing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

The videos I’ve seen — almost all are wearing masks.

That’s the difference — you chose to leave out.

Hmm, the videos I saw for Trump's rallies, AFTER he contracted COVID featured a majority of the crowd wearing masks.

There is no debate about the riots/looting during the summer, hardly ANYONE wore masks, and again, very little was made of this fact, whilst Trump was absolutely demolished by the MSM for even considering holding rallies.

So the silence of the MSM on the rioters/looters "unsafe behavior" is what YOU chose to leave out.

Counties with worst coronavirus surges overwhelmingly voted for President Trump

The electoral divide comes amid an explosion in cases and hospitalizations in the U.S. and globally.

Oh, so I get it, Trump voters are the ones guilty of propagating and spreading the virus

How do you explain New York state, an OVERWHELMINGLY Blue state, having 33k + COVID deaths, BY far the most concentrated geographic area of COVID deaths in the country, nearly 2x the next closest state in terms of fatalities, yet it's the 4th largest state in terms of population?

Must have been all those closet Trump voters in NY who neglected to vote.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
As much as it is unpalatable to them, the left is about to get a dose of their own medicine, further highlighting their hypocrisy.

aaaaaand using leftist precedent - 1 single leftist caught on film represents ALL democrats mkay.........

twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I live in NY we had the highest initial spike due to that being point of Europe entry. Huge spikes elsewhere due to rallies
and gatherings unabatted in many states w no mask or distance enforcement. You have to follow this on the timeline and stay current. We are in a huge second wave .. we have have to mask and distance . States that dont are going to and are spiking big time.NY is doing ok at control at moment reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

edit on 7-11-2020 by zenartist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

It's almost like most partisans are hypocrites.

Because while they're complaining the media called the winner, you have their messiah saying stuff like the following without a peep from his followers about the likes of "only the congress can call it"

Again, partisans are like sibling children screeching "they started it" or "they did it too". Both are in a battle for equity in double standards.

It will take a lot of attitude changes and serious introspection before I could ever take either seriously again, much less humor voting for their candidates.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
As much as it is unpalatable to them, the left is about to get a dose of their own medicine, further highlighting their hypocrisy.

aaaaaand using leftist precedent - 1 single leftist caught on film represents ALL democrats mkay.........

twitter.com...

I'm actually more concerned at the MSM outlets and not giving enough, SERIOUS, STRENUOUS criticism to these events.

So great, CNN et. al. briefly said "yeah, celebrating in crowds like this is not such a good idea"

And this disclaimer is supposed to absolve them of running entire segments and news stories deriding Trump for daring to have crowds attend his rallies??

I'm not really attacking the people celebrating here, I am pointing out the MONUMENTAL double standards exhibited by the MSM DAILY. They have completely eroded the last shred of trust that politically independent folks hold for them, and really the only people that trust these "journalists" do so only because the "journalists" actively participate in carrying water for the politicians that they want to win.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Because while they're complaining the media called the winner, you have their messiah saying stuff like the following without a peep from his followers about the likes of "only the congress can call it"

Again, partisans are like sibling children screeching "they started it" or "they did it too". Both are in a battle for equity in double standards.

It will take a lot of attitude changes and serious introspection before I could ever take either seriously again, much less humor voting for their candidates.

What in the world does anything Trump says have to do with MSM's double standard on criticizing public gatherings??

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

What in the world does anything Trump says have to do with MSM's double standard on criticizing public gatherings??

That the media, Trump, and partisans are all hypocrites...

It's all a circus.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Politicians by definition tend to be false and duplicitous.

The news agencies are SUPPOSED to be above that. At one time they might have been, but those days are long over.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: spinalremain

Why couldn't they show in person to vote then?

That's a rhetorical question.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Politicians by definition tend to be false and duplicitous.

The news agencies are SUPPOSED to be above that. At one time they might have been, but those days are long over.

Politicians aren't by definition false and duplicitous, they just happen to be.

The entertainment media have the same role now, punditry, double speak, and no integrity.

I don't understand how people in the same breath say the standards should be higher for the media than a sitting president.

We all know better, the media doesn't have those standards. Journalism in America is dead, and echo chambers reign Supreme.

The left will think they did something right while the Republicans will think they've been wronged. I don't believe either as it stands.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

EXACTLY.

If masks alleviate the need to social distance, and are a panacea against contracting the virus, then why was there a huge push for mail in voting??

If you are elderly, infirm, a soldier abroad, I get it, all these conditions make sense for mail-in ballots.

How many of the revelers in the streets were mailed absentee ballots, and how many took the liberty to vote by mail (because COVID!), but yet are now running around in huge crowds celebrating??

This entire crazy vote counting situation has been attributable to the massive increase in vote by mail. IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN PERMITTED EXCEPT FOR THOSE PEOPLE IN HIGH RISK CATEGORIES FOR COVID, OR FOR THOSE LIVING ABROAD.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The media has spoken about it today stating it is never wise to gather closely together in big groups.

If you are saying that Biden did not coax them, then these gatherings should only be compared to any spontaneous gathering of Trump supporters, at parks, in the streets wherever. The media treated those which have occurred the same as protests,etc, although the majority of those Trump supporters did not wear masks when they gathered on their own.

If you do want to compare the difference between a rally and the spontaneous celebration, we can do so. There is a very big difference in those. In many cities there were rules in place of how many people could be gathered together. Trump chose to ignore that. For one person to organize it to feed his ego is completely different than people choosing to go somewhere to gather. That goes for both Biden and Trump supporters. They both have the right to protest or celebrate outside in the street if they so choose. Should they be shoulder to shoulder and/or without masks? Not a smart idea to me.
edit on 7-11-2020 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

This is really all you need to know about the disingenuous and hypocritical nature of the MSM.

In CNN's euphoria in announcing Biden's victory, as they broadcast giant crowds of revelers in cities "erupting in celebration", masses of people moving around right on top of one another, we can see that any concern about social distancing is not even an after thought. It's not even raised for 1 nanosecond. All that matters is "Ding Dong The Witch is Dead", pandemic and public health be damned.

The same "journalists" that lambasted Trump for holding large rallies, and heaped praise on Biden for holding his ghost gatherings, have nary a word of caution or criticism when it comes to the "politically blessed" members of their target audience/constituency.

So get this through your head:

a. non politically-sanctioned (i.e. not affiliated with Democrat Central Committee) or aligned public gatherings = Wrong, Bad, Reckless, Dangerous

b. Biden victory celebration, riots/looting, "mostly peaceful fiery protests" = Fine, No Problem, Legitimate, Safe

Got that?? Good.

Get ready for four years of censorship, creative editing, selective information and out of context reporting, and every trick in the book, as MSM Pravda Apparatus does their part to Make America Hoodwinked Again.

Of course not! They learned from our Prez. No mask. No distancing. Remember too:
Donny boy told us it's all fake news. Even his is then!

So! No distancing, masks, parties everywhere...oh wait! That was you other guys....

*I claim no party affiliation. They don't claim me either, so don't even go there.
edit on 7-11-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Further.....guys? Neither side is good for us...only by varying degrees of separation, but the same nonsense both ways....the sooner you all pick up on that....I'll hold ya a place up on this fence to watch...
-a Liberally, Conservatively, Democratic American for the Republic

*I know I replied to myself...

edit on 7-11-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

The media has spoken about it today stating it is never wise to gather closely together in big groups.

If you are saying that Biden did not coax them, then these gatherings should only be compared to any spontaneous gathering of Trump supporters, at parks, in the streets wherever. The media treated those which have occurred the same as protests,etc, although the majority of those Trump supporters did not wear masks when they gathered on their own.

If you do want to compare the difference between a rally and the spontaneous celebration, we can do so. There is a very big difference in those. In many cities there were rules in place of how many people could be gathered together. Trump chose to ignore that. For one person to organize it to feed his ego is completely different than people choosing to go somewhere to gather. That goes for both Biden and Trump supporters. They both have the right to protest or celebrate outside in the street if they so choose. Should they be shoulder to shoulder and/or without masks? Not a smart idea to me.

This virus truly is remarkable; every day I learn something new about it. TIL that COVID is smart enough to discern between a rally, and a spontaneous celebration. Who knew it was so sophisticated?

/sarc

Being serious though, not for one second do I believe the riots/looting over the summer were purely spontaneous. There was, without question, elements of C&C and planning involved.

As mentioned several times already, though, the lack of social distancing at "protests" were mentioned purely as a footnote during media coverage, whereas with Trump rallies, entire news/media segments were devoted to picking apart the safety and health concerns of a political rally.

There is no denying the lack of consistency the media has had in how it covers various gatherings in 2020, and the extent to which they choose to harshly criticize them or mention it in passing.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The videos I’ve seen — almost all are wearing masks.

That’s the difference — you chose to leave out.

But the experts keep saying all it takes is one unmasked infected person to super-spread it !!! 🚨

Wearing the masks does not prevent you from getting it 🚨

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

One person did not organize a whole protest, or a celebration. Again 2 minutes ago a talking head was talking about gathering and the pandemic.

I think you are purposely being obtuse by stating that Trump organizing a rally to feed his own ego in the middle of a pandemic is the same as those who were protesting. I have not heard the news attacking the Trump protesters who are out there today.

What was the purpose of a Trump rally with huge crowds? Did he present his new healthcare plan? Did he tell us how he was going to deal with Covid? Did he tell us his new economic plan? No. He fed his own ego and attacked anyone against him while his supporters had to sign documents stating if they die from COVID, too bad for them.

We see how that turned out for him. He will remain an impeached, one term President.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well if anything the thousands cheering in the streets and the parades we are seeing in videos counter the conservative life that Trump has thousands of supporters yet Biden has none.. because.. look at his rallies

top topics

<< 1   >>

join