It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snopes has a post-Election misinformation checking page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You'd think I was joking, but no. Snopes has set up a specific page to collect and check misinformation about/after the Election.

In the aftermath of the Election Day 2020 and the days of counting that followed, misinformation ran free. We were there.

Snopes Fact-Checks Post-Election Day Misinformation

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Gonna be lefty fact check central over there. Hopefully they DDOS it into oblivion haha

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think you hit the nail on the head. Snopes, another piece in the propaganda machine. Biased opinion claiming to be fact. It’s unfortunate how many unsuspecting people search out sites to fact check things and believe they are finding the truth. Most of you here already know, but for those that don’t, Snopes is not a factual site.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
How can they fact check anything. Twitter and FB blocked half the information. And they don't actually go outside like James Okeefe and investigate.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

They can only lie so much.

twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Took a look through it. Not much there. The fact checking on the Pennsylvania one seems reasonable but somehow dubious considering all things. The rest of it was meaningless nonsense in general.

Snopes apart from its obvious bias, also tends to write their fact checking in a way that irks me for such a 'trusted authority'. References are either non-existent or flimsy at best. Yet the fact checking articles are written from an authoritative point of view that implies absolute authority.

Articles are written from a completely subjective viewpoint, in once again, a commanding authoritative tone implying absolute certainty. While lacking the objective third person passive tense of the kind of writing typically based on objective facts.

It goes against everything I was taught to do to in objective, fact based technical writing. It's pretty much the opposite in every way.

The fact that snopes is touted as a 'trusted source' for anything, well I wish I could say it blows my mind, but sadly, the concept of primary references and sources seems to be lost on a lot of people and a lot of people seem to have this need to have someone tell them what to believe and what's true and how they should see the world.

It's the new cult. Headline science, these trusted omnipotent authorities, the priests of the new world society. Their word may as well be the world of god in these people's eyes. Methodologies, facts, and references be damned.

There are no authorities, there's just other humans who specialize in different areas of knowledge and they're just as fallible as any other human.
edit on 6/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Once upon a time snopes was a cool place that debunked urban legends like razors in candy. Not sure they even do that without severe left bias these days

"There are no razors in snickers, but if there were, trump would probably have put them there!"

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Took a look through it. Not much there. The fact checking on the Pennsylvania one seem reasonable but somehow dubious considering all things. The rest of it was meaningless nonsense in general.

Snopes apart from its obvious bias, also tends to write their fact checking in a way that irks me for such a 'trusted authority'. References are either non-existent or flimsy at best. Yet the fact checking articles are written from an authoritative point of view that implies absolute authority.

If you actually look into Snopes, it is quite literally a liberal guy in his basement working with his liberal ex-hooker wife with a transvestite secretary who does favors.

All major Obama contributors who appear to be a little left of Stalin.

And we won't get into his legal issues...

Just say NO to Snopes... LOL

edit on 6-11-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
A video captures a Pennsylvania elections worker actually filling out ballots rather than counting them.

This one has a thread on ATS looking into it:

Voting fraud caught on camera in PA?

Some claim it is ballot duplication for the machines, some claim invalid votes just get thrown out. Some claim they can see different votes getting written out, I cannot. Overall, I don't know?

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Nah, snopes is good to look at. It's always good to understand the way you're being lied to and the way information's being manipulated. I.ve been looking at snopes for a lot of the stuff posted on ATS over the last couple weeks. Sadly, they're not even trying, so many of the things, the most prominent of which I remember was the hunter laptop #, which was basically summarized with,

'Probably, True, but doesn't matter'

Which was probably really hard to write for that basement dwelling mother #er.

Know and study your enemies and the methods they use against you.

Anyone that would distort facts for an agenda is an enemy to all of humanity.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Other sites I go on nobody ever references Snopes. It's a major faux pas and not taken seriously on any level. Thing about facts, they can't be partially true, or mostly not true.

It's either true or false. There is no wiggle room with facts. With their slight of hand tactic anything that is true one does not want to be true can be manipulated.

ie. Ice is frozen water. Partially true. Although in a solid form due to temperature change, it is still technically water. but if the temp changes it is no longer ice.

Hard to believe people wake up, shLt, shower, shave get an egg muffin and then write this crap for a living all day. What a horrible and miserable existence.
edit on 6-11-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I gave up on Snoops a long time ago. When John Podesta relied on Snoops debunking to ignore all the Pizzagate questions done it for me. Evil, corrupt, lying shills.

A better source for questions about the election is from the Cybersecirity & Infrastructure Security Agency:

www.cisa.gov...

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Well said. Snopes, on political issues, has been partisan for years. More self-appointed 'experts'.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

CLAIM:

If you actually look into Snopes, it is quite literally a liberal guy in his basement working with his liberal ex-hooker wife with a transvestite secretary who does favors.

All major Obama contributors who appear to be a little left of Stalin.

TRUE. A post that started circulating on the internet in November 2020 claimed that the owner of Snopes is a raging lefty that kisses hookers on the lips. We have been able to confirm David Mikkelson is, in fact, as disgusting as a bag of cat turds.

top topics

join