It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis destroyed by worldwide storm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I just read a book which suggested that a highly advanced ancient society had been completely wiped out by some sort of global storm system. It can be quite convincving. However, it might not be Atlantis because the civilization mentioned seemed to be located predominantely in the Pacific. The book mentions a whole bunch of ruins which could not have been cinstructed by island natives- stone structures made from rock found on different islands- and a submurged building off the coast of japan. Any comments? Speculations?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Link? Name of the book? That'll help.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Sorry! it's called The Coming Global Superstorm I got it at the library.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by menolikeyelshrub
I just read a book which suggested that a highly advanced ancient society had been completely wiped out by some sort of global storm system. It can be quite convincving. However, it might not be Atlantis because the civilization mentioned seemed to be located predominantely in the Pacific. The book mentions a whole bunch of ruins which could not have been cinstructed by island natives- stone structures made from rock found on different islands- and a submurged building off the coast of japan. Any comments? Speculations?

If its the pacific its supposed to be Mu I think... Not atlantis.

At any rate, I suppose that a worldwide storm could have caused it... But I doubt it. A storm couldnt make a continent dissapear. Not to mention I dont think a storm could maintain itself on a global scale, it would break apart.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

If its the pacific its supposed to be Mu I think... Not atlantis.

I'd agree, check into Mu...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That's the first I've heard of a global storm, to cause the dissapearance of an ancient civilization. Personally, I believe there was an ancient civilization before the Ice Age, but was not very advanced. I did a thread on some underwater ruins a while back.

Japanese Underwater Pyramids

I think they built this place during the Ice Age, when the sea level was much lower. After the Ice Age the sea levels rose and covered the ruins.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
there is no geological evidence to support a storm around this time, same with noah's ark, if there was one it would be noticed

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by junior_smith
there is no geological evidence to support a storm around this time, same with noah's ark, if there was one it would be noticed

If there was such a storm that caused large scale flooding we should expect to find billions of dead things burried in rock layers layed down by water all over the Earth. I wonder if anyone has ever done any digging to look for such evidence...

Steve

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Perhaps a world wide flood was the cause... heres a link about what might have happened to the world around the time of the flood. its a theory...Flood theory

top topics

join