It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22 as a 6th Gen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I have a question that I could probably post on the 6th Gen Meta thread but I will see if a new thread works or dies.

If the F-22 is still the most potent A2A aircraft in the world, why wouldnt they re-open the line and build an F-22 with upgrades such as cockpits and sensors.

This could probably push the all new "6th gen" fighter down the line for at least a good couple of decades which would mean you buy time for technology improvements?

I understand the whole Gen designation is now becoming too dynamic to mean anything but wouldn't pushing an air frame to near obsolescence whilst continuously developing potential replacements in a very small development process, if any significant threats become apparent you then kick in the production?

Or is the idea that we will do that from now going forward and there is no benefit to using the F-22 air frame and engines anymore?

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Probably the frame just can't handle it as it would be require a total redesign. Just think of how much work it would take to bring a model t Ford upto modern safety standards.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   

- reopening the production line to procure advanced F-22Bs would cost ten to 15 billion and result in a unit production cost in excess of 250 million US-$
- restarting the production of a 1990s bird based on 1980s tech three decades later offers zero benefit. Aerospace tech has advanced tremendously.
- the F-22 prioritizes speed and maneuverability over endurance - totally unsuited for the Pacific theater
- if you're looking for a evolution of an existing design to get to 6th Gen the F-35 is the superior (still bad) choice

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

I have to agree.

You’ll be surprised by how many people don’t know that the F-22 was the product of the 80s and pushed out in the 90s.

In fact, the first Marvel movies were all about showcasing the latest in Military tech, the Hulk movie with Eric Bana was a prime example has it had both the Comanche Helicopter and F-22 Raptor. In fact, those F-22s are in a number of Marvel movies before they started screenshooting the F-35.

Point being, the F-22 is the Precursor tech to what we have now. It is because of that Raptors history that people aren’t aware of that it keeps being brought back up. The F-22 in my opinion was an incredible weapons platform with the smallest lifespan of any fighter platform, hell we have F-15s in service still I believe.

Like Social media, Technology as really been brute forcing itself through our life’s and society. What matters is how it all translates to the Military sphere.

Truth 6th Generation fighters are on the Horizon with the US as the US is the leader in this field.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Kicking things down the road is how we got into the situation we are now.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If you are aware of what is happening in the real world of vehicles that move through the air, then you surely would want to ponder whether F-22s are relevant today or if the elusive Tic-Tacs are the next step up from typical aircraft design. It is quite evident that they are not "aircraft" at all.

Then you could honestly compare jet aircraft to the old days of the horse & buggy and understand where we are being driven.

The safe bet is the Tic-Tacs are domestically created (UFO knockoffs) and intentionally displayed for us until publically revealed. There is a multi-faceted game at play on the public here.

Alien UFOs have always been and are still a disallowed fact of life for the govenment. Eventually, it will be announced that the Tic-Tacs are our devices. Thepublic would be made to believe that the Tic-Tacs puts us on somewhat of a pariety with real UFO powers, thereby taking much of the cultural shock out of the "disclosure." Then, official acknowledgement of aliens here and now--which must come, would be easier to accept.

reply to: Forensick

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sundog1

Tic-Tacs are not a thing.
There are advanced vehicles out there, but this case is nothing but a masterfully crafted diversion to have you looking in the wrong direction.

check out this site if you're interested
www.metabunk.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

LOL

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I blame Tyler Rogoway.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Pretty conclusive it’s not worth considering!!

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sundog1

Whats more likely, physics as we know it is irrevocably broken and the govt has secret platforms that can violate basic principles like inertia and action/reaction, OR, an elaborate disinfo psyop is going on designed to boost domestic confidence in our technological superiority and lead foreign intel agencies down a UFO rabbit hole EXACTLY like they've done dozens of times before (Bennewitz, SERPO, Bill Moore, etc.)

I don't know, one side has basically all of observational science needing to be rewritten, and the other side has the govt repeat something it's done in the past. What's more likely to you?

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

In short, the F-22 's time as a cutting edge design is long past. Additionally, Congress's gross failure to authorise an export version of the F-22 drove up the per-unit cost of the aircraft. Both the F-35 and F-22 display the follies of absurdly long design to production times. Equally, these designs are not mass production friendly, the number of manufacturing hours per F-35 remains absurd.

Nor do I see how an upgraded F-22 design is filling the RAAF's strategic strike capabilities that were assumed by the F-111s.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sundog1
If you are aware of what is happening in the real world of vehicles that move through the air, then you surely would want to ponder whether F-22s are relevant today or if the elusive Tic-Tacs are the next step up from typical aircraft design. It is quite evident that they are not "aircraft" at all.

Then you could honestly compare jet aircraft to the old days of the horse & buggy and understand where we are being driven.

The safe bet is the Tic-Tacs are domestically created (UFO knockoffs) and intentionally displayed for us until publically revealed. There is a multi-faceted game at play on the public here.

Alien UFOs have always been and are still a disallowed fact of life for the govenment. Eventually, it will be announced that the Tic-Tacs are our devices. Thepublic would be made to believe that the Tic-Tacs puts us on somewhat of a pariety with real UFO powers, thereby taking much of the cultural shock out of the "disclosure." Then, official acknowledgement of aliens here and now--which must come, would be easier to accept.

reply to: Forensick

Trump himself has said a few times recently that we have stuff you wouldn't believe, referring to our military tech.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

I kinda liked the idea that the F-22 was an American only platform. It adds to its uniqueness and power.

As for mass production, I think the US was already looking at something else to produce quick, cheap and advance.

The F-35 is incredibly advance and I never bought into the Media and PR articles stating otherwise. So it’s of course natural to assume delays in their productions.

I’m curious as to the new 6th Generation and where it stands in terms of manufacturing.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I kinda liked the idea that the F-22 was an American only platform. It adds to its uniqueness and power.

I pretty much agree here. To take it a step further, I don't think the premier fighter for the US - this or the first 6th gen - ought to be exported. Dump all the good stuff here and keep it locked tight.

I’m curious as to the new 6th Generation and where it stands in terms of manufacturing.

At least one demonstrator has flown. At least. Its probable there's more going on, but the whole point of the exercise is to prove the Century Series concept where they are cranking out new fighters every 5 years or so. Whether that's merely upgrades or completely new fighter types isn't entirely clear, tbh. It also harks back to the Platinum Bullet concept back in the early Oughts.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

And if you dig hard enough, you'll find the things he was talking about. I had a near existential crisis when I figured one thing out.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: hawkguy
What one thing? I am very intrigued.

RAB

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hmmm,

How about a F22 combat drone when the life spans up?

Kind regards,

RAB

new topics

top topics

join