It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Kamala Harris Trying to Cry?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
All I’m saying is a fly landed on Mike Pences head.

That was a zombie fly. It’s not going to land on an empty head.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: peacenotgreed

Finally got to watch the debate. Yes, she is.

Although I'm not sure if she's pouting because she realizes how grim her chances are at becoming president by proxy, or if she's just a psychopath trying to look like a victim of white male oppression.

Probably yes to all

edit on 8-10-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I watched for about 30 seconds. The only terms that come to mind describing Harris' visage would be "sneering", "rictus grinning", "sardonic smiling". Not for one moment did I see what I'd characterize as an authentic, happy, joyous looking emotion on her face. Her act of smiling conjures up images of a shark to me.

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: peacenotgreed
Hey,

I'm not voting for either party, but is it or me or does it seem like Sen. Harris is trying to look like she's about to break out in tears every time she has a statement or answer? Also, rhetorically... Why isn't anyone else in this debate.

Ha nice sexist remark cause you know strong women are actually just dragon ladies until they cry. I think her eyes were wattering because she was worried she would get pink eye from The Penice!

That is literally the stink eye! Guess that explains the FLY he just wanted all the Crap literally oozing from Penice.
EWW!!!

Next time wash your hands Mr Penice or should we say Mr PoopEye!
edit on ambAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 08 Oct 2020 11:50:32 -0500am11America/Chicago by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Robbo2006

That was a zombie fly. It’s not going to land on an empty head.

Or one filled with Crap!

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth

One thing that annoys me about Harris is she smiles at everything. As they are talking about serious subjects like people dyeing, people losing their jobs, unrest etc. etc...She is just smiling all through it. Watch the debate again and see how she is smiling many times she should not be to always start with a little laugh before she talks...its a little unnerving to say the least as to what might be going through her head to so so.

As I said before her past actions is one of a sociopath, and emotional things do not effect her and so she just smiles through it. Is also means she can cry on demand too if she so desires....So not a woman thing, a sociopath thing...

edit on 8-10-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Kamala Harris uses many of the same "tactics" as Dr Christine Blasey Ford 😎

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

Obviously I'll reply to you , seeing as how I'm the one that got all in your feelings.

Let me first ask you , Am I wrong ?

Anyone that has lived life with there eyes open knows that "SOME" females cry when they are pushed into a corner especially when they are pushed by a male.

Now why is that ?

It's because Females are more intelligent than Men , Men resort to physicality , fist , intimidation when pushed into a corner . Females on the other hand know they cannot physically handle a man, so it is natural for them to conger up fake tears using emotion in place of fist.

Now your going to bat for females ....As if they need you to defend them , you don't even realize your the sexist one do you ?

The fact that a woman can bring a man to his knees with a few simple tears , speaks to the simplicity of a man and to the complexity of a woman.

Maybe you should stop being afraid to use your mind. Truth is ok I promise even when it's " offensive"

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I asked you a question about sexism, and you responded by defending Trump and pointing out how in your opinion, the Democrats are much more sexist. That's fine, we have a difference of opinion about that. I think it's telling that the left has 56% of the female vote and the right only 38%, but forget about that. I'll grant you, for the sake of argument, that the left is far worse, and Trump is a real champion of women's rights

Now, hopefully you can address what I actually asked you about... Do you have a problem with the kind of attitude displayed in this very thread? The dismissal, the disrespect of women?

It seems some here think I'm a triggered SJW who is just fuming at the screen because others don't see a serious problem where I do.. I'm truly not. I've been on ATS long enough to understand the atmosphere here. Obviously the post I was originally talking about isn't some horrible thing.... the person who wrote it isn't some horrible person... All of us, myself included have said worse. I'm not here to pass judgement on you, but I am saying, you are asleep! You are asleep to the pain you cause if you continue to feed into such sexist attitudes, you are unaware of the chains with which you shackle women, and the chains with which you shackle yourself! For every oppressor also oppresses himself. I say, please wake up!
edit on 8-10-2020 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

No one can offend you unless you choose to be offended.
I am glad you felt no annoyance about the statement in question.

However, you mischaracterize the intent behind the post...

When cornered Crying is the automatic female defense mechanism.

This is not a humorous, "elbow jab", thing to say. It is sexist. Mildly so, but sexist. As I said previously, I have no intention of judging the poster, we all make mistakes. But to deny your mistake, and to keep going, can only lead to bigger problems.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: elDooberino

Of course that's all you're saying. You have nothing of value to contribute.

and 'i think she was maybe pretending to be going to cry' is a valuable basis for a thread?

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Funny now? images.app.goo.gl... reply to: underwerks

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Maybe there is such thing as reincarnation.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I asked you a question about sexism, and you responded by defending Trump and pointing out how in your opinion, the Democrats are much more sexist.

I responded to your post where you said you can not vote for Trump because he made a crud joke a long time ago. I also responded on your "right" focus in all this...You people on the right.... I lastly pointed out that what you see as bad in Trump you let truly horrendous sexist things slide on the left.

I didn't start these points, you did...

I'll grant you, for the sake of argument, that the left is far worse, and Trump is a real champion of women's rights

I didn't say he was good, bad or indifferent...I just pointed out how weak your point was when so many leaders on the left actually do sexist acts in office., or worst....Just say you are bias and hypocritical and we are good. Trump is no saint either, neither am I or you, or just about everyone else. I'm not defending Trump, I'm attacking your hypocritical bias.

Now hopefully you can address what I actually asked you about... Do you have a problem with the kind of attitude displayed in this very thread? The dismissal, the disrespect of women?

I went back and read people's posts and I do not find any really out of line. She was called a sociopath a number of times, even by me...is that sexist? I also feel emotions is a powerful tool for women...I'm not sure if that is sexist or just experience on my part. That thing, you know that thing between your legs is another powerful tool and Harris knows that well as she screwed old Willie 20 years her senior for a decade as he set her up in positions. Once she used all she could from him she threw him under the bus.. I think this goes more towards her sociopathic tendencies than just being a woman.

Now am I saying all women use emotions and their thing for power...no...but the ones that do I think we can call them out on it, so slamming Harris is not sexist, she deserves it, slamming all women in the process is sexist....

It seems some here think I'm a triggered SJW who is just fuming at the screen because others don't see a serious problem where I do.. I'm truly not. I've been on ATS long enough to understand the atmosphere here. Obviously the post I was originally talking about isn't some horrible thing.... the person who wrote it isn't some horrible person... All of us, myself included have said worse. I'm not here to pass judgement on you, but I am saying, you are asleep! You are asleep to the pain you cause if you continue to feed into such sexist attitudes, you are unaware of the chains with which you shackle women, and the chains with which you shackle yourself! For every oppressor also oppresses himself. I say, please wake up!

Maybe we can start with you posting exactly what triggered you as sexist and why, and then we can talk about it.

edit on 9-10-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So you call out my post, Complain about it .

I reply to you , in a civil manor.

and you have nothing to say ?

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I responded to your post where you said you can not vote for Trump because he made a crud joke a long time ago. I also responded on your "right" focus in all this...You people on the right.... I lastly pointed out that what you see as bad in Trump you let truly horrendous sexist things slide on the left.

I didn't start these points, you did...

First of all, you're putting a lot of words in my mouth. I think your bias is coloring me as a certain type of person, which I am not. I didn't say I wouldn't vote for Trump because of what he said. I won't vote for him for more reasons than I have time to enumerate. Further, who says I let such things slide on the left? When did I say it was okay for liberals to be sexist? What an absurd argument that would be! Everyone can be sexist except for republicans! No, you misunderstand, and I hope you don't misunderstand in bad faith.

I did ask specifically people on the right if they felt no need to call out the sexism. I can see that definitely touched a nerve here. I do wonder why... I did that for a couple of reasons.

For one, the atmosphere here generally leans right, and for two, the poster was making a negative comment about the democratic candidate, and by contrast supporting the republican candidate. I inferred that a person on the right was making the sexist statement.
Further, the left, as we all know, is very good about calling out discrimination. Perhaps even too good at times. #MeToo, for instance, is never something that would start on the right.

Allll of that aside.

You asked me what I wanted to talk about. I answered quite directly, that I wanted to know your feelings about sexism. I asked you if you had a problem with the kind of attitude displayed in this very thread. I used Trump's sexism (which that one comment is a minor instance of) as an example to phrase the question. Apparently you had such a strong reaction to that that you forgot (?) to answer what I was actually asking you! Several times..

I am at least glad that you do not attempt to defend Trump. There we can find some common ground!

Maybe we can start with you posting exactly what triggered you as sexist and why, and then we can talk about it.

You mean to tell me this entire time, you never even took a moment to look carefully at the post I originally responded to? I also quoted it only a couple of messages above.

I see you had a reaction before you made an attempt to understand... This is something we all must watch for, myself included.

This is the post in question:

When cornered Crying is the automatic female defense mechanism.

and here is your own statement

slamming Harris is not sexist, she deserves it, slamming all women in the process is sexist....

It's plain to see the poster was not talking about Harris, he was doing exactly what you have defined as sexist, slamming all women in his effort to slam Harris.

edit on 9-10-2020 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

So you call out my post, Complain about it .

I reply to you , in a civil manor.

and you have nothing to say ?

Nothing, besides for wishing you peace.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I did ask specifically people on the right if they felt no need to call out the sexism. I can see that definitely touched a nerve here. I do wonder why... I did that for a couple of reasons.

For one, the atmosphere here generally leans right, and for two, the poster was making a negative comment about the democratic candidate, and by contrast supporting the republican candidate. I inferred that a person on the right was making the sexist statement.
Further, the left, as we all know, is very good about calling out discrimination. Perhaps even too good at times. #MeToo, for instance, is never something that would start on the right.

Maybe the OP was and so I think you were too...I just addressed yours. You brought up Trump, so live with it...lol

You asked me what I wanted to talk about. I answered quite directly, that I wanted to know your feelings about sexism. I asked you if you had a problem with the kind of attitude displayed in this very thread. I used Trump's sexism (which that one comment is a minor instance of) as an example to phrase the question. Apparently you had such a strong reaction to that that you forgot (?) to answer what I was actually asking you! Several times..

I am at least glad that you do not attempt to defend Trump. There we can find some common ground!

I just find the whole "he made a crud comment many years ago" thing old and weak...that is all. For some reason that private joke turned into a REEeee moment for many on the left. You think after 3 years of it people would stop talking about it...lol

It's plain to see the poster was not talking about Harris, he was doing exactly what you have defined as sexist, slamming all women in his effort to slam Harris.

I think it depends on what culture as to how women react, some Asian cultures they squat down when threatened. As I said emotions can be a powerful tool for women. I do not agree that women in general will cry as a defensive mechanism, but they would do it much more then men would if the situation happened.

The poster also said this in another post...

It's because Females are more intelligent than Men , Men resort to physicality , fist , intimidation when pushed into a corner . Females on the other hand know they cannot physically handle a man, so it is natural for them to conger up fake tears using emotion in place of fist.

Hard to know if the poster is a man or woman...lol But I disagree with this post too though the poster is trying to formulate evolutionary type responses as to what a physically stronger male, or physically weaker female would do. I don't think the poster is trying to be sexist other than there is a difference in how men and women would handle a situation.

edit on 9-10-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I think it's clear at this point we're speaking to each other on different levels, and not really having clear communication, so I think we'll just leave the discussion there.

Blessings

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join