It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the debate that bad?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Everything people who watched it tell me makes it sound like it ended up being a shouting match. No new ideas put forward. No real leadership shown by either candidate.

Did they both just act like children the whole time?

I'm getting mixed signals. Here in Portland, Oregon I'm seeing a rise today (the day after the debate) in lawless behavior. A guy in a blue mustang went and did three full cookies of spinout in the middle of Division street today. No plates on his car.

But on my phone, it looks like the stock market is doing well. However, CNN claims that Trump's odds of winning are now about 20% by the best polling estimates.

I didn't really expect much from Biden, but a poor showing from Trump is kind of disappointing. (Unless I am reading the situation all wrong. - It could be liberals were the only ones upset.)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

You can watch the debate on youtube, stop being lazy. Find out for yourself.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm more interested in knowing how it influenced people than I am in knowing what was said.

An argument that would win me over might not win over even 10% of the rest of the population, for all I know.

I'm trying to understand the watchers, not the event. (From what I hear there wasn't much discussed that hasn't already been rehashed 1000 times in the media anyway.)

I want to know how other people perceived it first, and then watch it. That way I can try and wrap my head around what lead them to their reaction.

To be more specific: I can't understand how Biden is even surviving as a candidate. Or how polls can be saying he will go on to win????????

I really need to get more insight into the minds of the voting public. I'll be less confused.
edit on 30-9-2020 by bloodymarvelous because: be more specific

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I really wanted to hear what they had to say.

But, Trump wouldn’t shut up. He wasn’t really saying anything, just being an obnoxious bully putting on a show.

Biden didn’t cave. He fought back.

For a stutterer — he did really well under pressure.
edit on 30-9-2020 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

There were a lot of false suppositions thrown out, which is why it ended up being people talking over each other.

When you throw out false assumptions and loaded questions, there isn't going to be much debating now is there?

edit on 30-9-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

There were a lot of false suppositions thrown out, which is why it ended up being people talking over each other.

When you throw out false assumptions to debate, there isn't going to be much debating now is there?

I would like you to define these assumptions.

Sounds more like an excuse.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Chris Wallace, the son of Mike Wallace who is on Jefferey Epsteins flight logs, is an obvious New World Order/globalist plant, and he was terrible.

It was a debate between Trump and Wallace. Biden had his answers memorized and had no replies to anything Trump said so Wallace had to step in and keep Trump from telling the truth.

It wasn't a debate. It was the pedophile moderator brainwashing the American public via the media, once again.

Both sides were so full of complete # it was painful to watch. I might move out of America before this #hole blows up in everyones face.

Buy Bitcoin

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
People are so hypersensitive LOL Trump did what Trump does he isn't a politician, he is a brash New York businessman and he has that over the top kind of an asshole thing going. Biden is a career politician like 47 years so he did his same spiel changing a few thing here and there. Yea it did get a little out of control that was as much as Chris Wallace as anything. I'm hearing Biden doesn't want to do any more debates? For a guy that the media says won that's surprising.

Biden did have a media meeting today it drew about 60 people and a whistle-stop that had 16,000 views online, Trump's rally tonight has hundreds in attendance and over 117,000 watching on just one youtube channel.

Another pulse of America Biden's youtube ad is getting blistered in the comment section

Views are low complaints and criticisms are high. Yea there are more likes than dislikes but in the comment section, you can't find ay compliments or Go Biden nothing at all. Don't believe me read the comments here.

edit on 30-9-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

You can watch the debate on youtube, stop being lazy. Find out for yourself.

I don't have blood pressure to spare watching that kind of thing.

Not that the elections matter, the votes might as well be made up.
It's surprising to see how little violent backlash we see from the obviously corrupt agencies running things...

Seriously contemplating running myself next round.
-rebuild the fbi, ground up
-retire the CIA entirely. What do they even do but cause trouble at a scale we can't even measure? They certainly didn't prevent the FBI from turning into a cesspool.
-fire congress. and the state department. Out of a cannon. Term limits effective immediately, no re hires!
-greenbacks for local industry, strict laws against selling usd for greenbacks. Let the Fed eat itself, after it eats all the corrupt organizations it created.

Oh, and something special for the IRS. I've got plans for those people.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

When you throw out false assumptions to debate, there isn't going to be much debating now is there?

So far, I'm only up to the first "abuse of power" question. It sounds pretty loaded to me. There is obviously no reason any president would wait for a victorious opponent to appoint a new Supreme court judge.

Do they also think the present Congress should stay out of session and pass no laws until January, because it is possible different people might be in their seats at that time?

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Here is just a short list from memory:

Biden claimed Trump said the military were losers - Never an ounce of proof anywhere this was ever said. Trump said Biden told a military audience to "Clap you stupid Bastards" and they were a "dull bunch", video proof of Biden saying this to the military audience, Biden denied ever saying it.

Biden refused to answer if he would pack the SCOTUS and did not name one person he would nominate as a justice.

Biden couldn't name one single law enforcement agency that endorsed him.

Biden denied saying that he called criminals predators when he led to pass the 1994 crime bill.

Other gems

Biden denied that his son Hunter accepted 3.5 million from the wife of the Moscow mayor.

Biden said he does not support the Green New Deal.

Biden endorsed Amy Coney Barrett, "I'm not opposed to the justice, she seems like a very fine person"

Biden said that "I am the democratic party"

Biden called Trump a clown twice.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

So far, I'm only up to the first "abuse of power" question. It sounds pretty loaded to me. There is obviously no reason any president would wait for a victorious opponent to appoint a new Supreme court judge.

Do they also think the present Congress should stay out of session and pass no laws until January, because it is possible different people might be in their seats at that time?

So are you a Constitutionalist or a Trump supporter.

You asked about the debate.

The Commission on Presidential Debates on Wednesday put out a highly unusual notice about making changes to debate formats just hours after President Donald Trump spent a good chunk of Tuesday night’s 90-minute debate interrupting Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

“Last night’s debate made clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues,” the commission said. “The CPD will be carefully considering the changes it will adopt and will announce those measures shortly.”

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

Here is just a short list from memory:

Biden claimed Trump said the military were losers - Never an ounce of proof anywhere this was ever said. Trump said Biden told a military audience to "Clap you stupid Bastards" and they were a "dull bunch", video proof of Biden saying this to the military audience, Biden denied ever saying it.

Biden refused to answer if he would pack the SCOTUS and did not name one person he would nominate as a justice.

Biden couldn't name one single law enforcement agency that endorsed him.

Biden denied saying that he called criminals predators when he led to pass the 1994 crime bill.

Other gems

Biden denied that his son Hunter accepted 3.5 million from the wife of the Moscow mayor.

Biden said he does not support the Green New Deal.

Biden endorsed Amy Coney Barrett, "I'm not opposed to the justice, she seems like a very fine person"

Biden said that "I am the democratic party"

Biden called Trump a clown twice.

Oh, look.

Biden, Biden, Biden, Biden, Biden, Biden, Biden

I hope you’re not a poker player.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I had low expectations and was not disappointed.

Trump was Trump, and that was unfortunate. If Trump could have just bit his tongue for a few seconds, Biden might have gone off the rails. Instead, just as Biden was starting to go rabid, Trump had to reply to a lie or distortion and that gave Joe time to reboot his CPU.

Biden didn't even have a bar to rise above, he just had to stay conscious. He didn't fight against anything, he just yammered and didn't pee his pants past the 30 minute mark.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Trump got Biden to admit that he would reverse Trump's tax cuts effectively raising taxes on everyone earning a pay check.

That did it for me.

Biden also would not condemn Antifa and he wants to rejoin the Paris Accords.

So basically, if you ignore the media talking heads, Biden wants to raise taxes, weaken the economy, bend over to China, and embrace the Green New Deal.

Vote for Biden at your own peril.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
There is a transcript.

If, you’re really interested it what actually went down.

Because you’re in Trumpland here.

There’s no balance.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Did they both just act like children the whole time?

Yes. It was painful.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
No. What was bad was watching the media narrative of a wide awake Joe Biden fall to pieces.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Honestly? No, it wasn’t that bad. I watched the whole thing, my pulse was up and I was wired just from watching it.

The surprising thing to me was the reactions here on ATS, mainly, “acting Presidential”, it’s like these people forgot who Trump is and why he was elected. Let me make something clear for those people who think “presidential” is a selling point, IT ISN’T. POLICY OVER PERSONALITY. IS HOW TRUMP GOT ELECTED.

Trumps only issue was interrupting, but after watching plenty of post debate discussions, from “The Five”, “Chuck Todd from CNN” and general forum, comment sections across Social Media, I realized, as some of them pointed out, that the format of the debate wouldn’t allow a rebuttal for a cheap accusation and knowing Trump, he has to respond and he did. Considering that, if interruptions were the only issue then by default, Trump wins the evening.

Truth is, Trump was Trump and his combative nature will always be a factor, it’s his character and what he was voted for.

By contrast, Biden broke composure multiple times with ad Homs and couldn’t even answer directed questions, deflecting with a simple, “Not true” and nothing beyond that, not even an explaination.

Truthfully, the only people with issues on etiquette and composure are the MSM and a few nit picking people.
Dan Bogino brought up a great point in that Trumps strategy was to derail Biden, bring up topics not touched by MSM and get him to admit on record on his position with the left, which he took the bait and denounce both Bernie and the Green New deal, SLAM DUNK.

This election will come down to the Bases, seriously, their supporters. Once again, let me reiterate, Trumps support have no issue with his etiquette. This is why I am surprised at the reactions of the debate from fellow ATS users. Y’all should already know.

I would suggest checking out multiple clips on YT from the debate, it’s actually the preferred method, cuts to the point.

I actually urge many of you to research the post debate discussions and you’ll be pleasantly surprised at some of the responses besides the typical knuckle dragging comment of, “that was the worst debate ever, I feel bad for America 🤥”
You’re adults, I expect you to break down MSM and be critical of the information and defer any confirmation bias. I’m not intentionally giving Trump extra points because I am a supporter, but he honestly, totally defeated Biden. It’s that simple, just look at the context, who interrupted who first? Biden, yeah, it’s true. Petty that we have to resort to who did what first, but yes, not only interrupt first, but threw an ad hom first as well. But lets not continue to be petty about it any further. Just be mindful of what was said and talked about, many things of interest. I never knew about the Russian wife thing. That’s pretty huge.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Oh, look.

Biden, Biden, Biden, Biden, Biden, Biden, Biden

I hope you’re not a poker player.

Annee asked a question and didn't like the answer, and gets childish about it. This is why few are willing to walk into that trap anymore. Nearly a laugh, but really a cry.

edit on 30-9-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join