It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the debate that bad?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
To be fair, that also describes me and "you know who" any time we argue.

LOL. Yeah, pretty much.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
My first reaction was it was terrible, then after watching a few points and listening to some different commentators I have mixed feelings. From Trumps perspective it is hard to say without knowing what his goal was.

He came off as an ass and I wish he would have played it different because just by explaining his policies and letting Joe fumble on his own would have been better. listening to one commentator he did accomplish something and that was getting Joe to state some things not in line with the “party” such as his alignment with the green new deal and a few others. Whether or not that is enough to sway some Bernie voters away from Joe I don’t know.

Personally I don’t think Trump lost any voters because at this point he kind of is what we have seen and that is why some people really like him and the media would rail on him regardless.

Biden did okay standing up to some pressure but was bailed out a few times by Wallace when Trump pressed him to answer the question and he would not. Did he do enough to keep the far left voters on his side? I don’t know but if I was on that side my comfort ability with him would be less but then again if he gets elected how much will he really be involved? Ultimately I don’t think it affects either Base much.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Time has come for a 3rd party to gain momentum

Don't hold your breath. I really don't care what letter is beside the name, I vote based on policies that help me and because of that, I've just never voted for a democrat. I really liked Jim Webb last year but I only heard him speak at one DNC debate. He was forced to drop out after he said all lives mattered.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

Such an idealist!

NIce ideas though.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
I'm more interested in knowing how it influenced people than I am in knowing what was said.

An argument that would win me over might not win over even 10% of the rest of the population, for all I know.

I'm trying to understand the watchers, not the event. (From what I hear there wasn't much discussed that hasn't already been rehashed 1000 times in the media anyway.)

I want to know how other people perceived it first, and then watch it. That way I can try and wrap my head around what lead them to their reaction.

This watcher stayed up on a work night to see the debate.
This watcher was dumb enough to expect a semi-civil debate.
To understand my mindset, I don't pay attention to national politics until the presidential debates because the lead-ups to the final candidates is a"wheat from chaff" time suck. It's also a money-fest. Candidates are in it because they have the financial means to do so.

DB's analysis SHOULD have been CNN's lead story. It was concise, fact based without drama.

To be more specific: I can't understand how Biden is even surviving as a candidate. Or how polls can be saying he will go on to win????????

I really need to get more insight into the minds of the voting public. I'll be less confused.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

they had massive protests of republicans claiming they were not legally elected president..
with some wearning female body parts on their heads, naked and screaming, with hollywood actresses calling for attacks on the WH, and one even holding a severed bloody head ..

Quit playing such a victim, you must have a short memory, I seen to recall burning effigies on a noose, lots of other sh#t too..the left have ramped it up..but puleeeeez be honest.

edit on 1-10-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: scrounger

they had massive protests of republicans claiming they were not legally elected president..
with some wearning female body parts on their heads, naked and screaming, with hollywood actresses calling for attacks on the WH, and one even holding a severed bloody head ..

Quit playing such a victim,

so now definition of "playing the victim" is pointing out FACTS.. btw something you didnt counter by point . hmmm

you must have a short memory,

since it happened only in last oh 12 years, hardly "short term memory"... oh wait your throwing out propoganda talking point and think that has any value...

I seen to recall burning effigies on a noose, lots of other sh#t too..the left have ramped it up..but puleeeeez be honest.

yes there was ISOLATED cases of this.. by people/small groups that were DENOUCED by the majority... but they were not from day one and continuing to this day.

nor were republicans calling for people to "burn this down"..

your last comment "be honest" is sad but dark comedy gold.

i have pointed out individual cases of what was done over last administrations and how it was no where near what has happened to trump

instead of trying to counter each individual FACT, you put up the usual lone nuts (and that is what they were) to claim both sides the same..

clearly epic fail due to FACTS..

i could give more examples like how no one can find any evidence of the claim the hamilton play treated obama the same as trump (to which there was at one time evidence on you tube).

i could even come up with some more examples...
but your clearly deflecting rants do a better job.

scrounger

<< 1  2  3   >>

join