It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the debate that bad?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Nm
edit on 30-9-2020 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Annee asked a question and didn't like the answer, and gets childish about it. This is why few are willing to walk into that trap anymore. Nearly a laugh, but really a cry.

It’s just that this debate was 2 people.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Annee asked a question and didn't like the answer, and gets childish about it. This is why few are willing to walk into that trap anymore. Nearly a laugh, but really a cry.

It’s just that this debate was 2 people.

maybe you didn't watch the same debate. It was obviously Biden and Wallace against Trump.

You are so willfully blind and ignorant it hurts.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

maybe you didn't watch the same debate. It was obviously Biden and Wallace against Trump.

You must be a Trumpster.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The wife and I thought it was Hilarious. We laughed as we tried to decipher all the campaign lies and fake promises they were making. I thought it was entertaining, the best comedy show I have seen in a while. I can imagine what Saturday Night live is going to do with this campaign, it will be hard for them to top what really happened.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Was the debate that bad?

Yes!

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

There is a transcript.

If, you’re really interested it what actually went down.

Because you’re in Trumpland here.

There’s no balance.

I might have to go with that. It's so painful to watch that I can't get through it.

Mostly I'm just sad to see Trump interrupting. It's such poor decor.

originally posted by: Arnie123

Trumps only issue was interrupting, but after watching plenty of post debate discussions, from “The Five”, “Chuck Todd from CNN” and general forum, comment sections across Social Media, I realized, as some of them pointed out, that the format of the debate wouldn’t allow a rebuttal for a cheap accusation and knowing Trump, he has to respond and he did. Considering that, if interruptions were the only issue then by default, Trump wins the evening.

I hope they change that, then. Then I hope Trump improves and doesn't interrupt anymore.

By contrast, Biden broke composure multiple times with ad Homs and couldn’t even answer directed questions, deflecting with a simple, “Not true” and nothing beyond that, not even an explaination.

I got the impression Biden's responses were memorized responses.

(But even if so, that means his memory is still working. Because he didn't need a teleprompter.)

It’s that simple, just look at the context, who interrupted who first? Biden, yeah, it’s true. Petty that we have to resort to who did what first, but yes, not only interrupt first, but threw an ad hom first as well. But lets not continue to be petty about it any further. Just be mindful of what was said and talked about, many things of interest. I never knew about the Russian wife thing. That’s pretty huge.

Ah! I see!

Trump isn't usually one to meet an opponent on uneven ground. So once his opponent broke the rule once, he probably considered it to be open season.

But........ that could have been Biden's plan all along (or one of his campaign peoples' plans):

Interrupt Trump just once, and then just go on baiting him into interrupting again and again and again.

If so, then Trump got played. His base won't like seeing him let himself get played.

You must be a Trumpster.

I'm a bit of one too, but I was expecting more from Trump. Not like I'm going to vote Biden or anything, if this goes badly, but I'll feel better about voting Trump if he performs better!

I'm not blind. I always respect my opponents. Failing to respect an opponent is the one mistake that is most likely to cause you to lose at any game or contest.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You must be a Trumpster.

And you're a globalist which would make sense why you want Biden for president.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

I won’t be voting for Trump.

But, I did feel you were sincere and wanted straight forward responses.

Respectfully, until next time.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   

You must be a Trumpster.

nice you can't even come up with an intelligent reply.

Trump is being used by the Banksters to put the American public in more debt than is even fathomable. # trump, he said he would end the fed and has done nothing but destroy the middle class. Hasn't arrested the Clintons or their pedophile friends like he said he would.

What now Anne? what kind of bull# name calling deflecting ignorant bull# are you going to come up with.

You are probably the most ignorant person in the ATS community.

edit on 30-9-2020 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelousThe gist I got from many Trump supporters around here for the last month or so had it that Trump would wipe the floor with Biden. Biden would come out and stammer and shuffle and lose his place and crumble under the weight of Trump's commanding debate style. Basically, Trump would chew him up and spit him out.
While this was speculated with glee among his supporters, it was I admit, a concern among those here to think little to nothing of Trump's honesty and skills.

However, remember that ''commanding debate style"? While Trump came on stage, that '''commanding debate style'' stayed home and watched re-runs of ''Real Housewives''

Trump looked ''pissed'' from the moment he stepped on stage and stayed that way throughout, most of which was accompanied by an angry scowl. Biden looked like Biden, and rather composed for the most part. That is until Trump either talked or yelled over him every time he tried to speak. Biden had the chance to just kind of sit and wait while the Trumpian monologues blew through the hall like a banshee though a haunted house.

So my summery is simple. The debate, har dee har har, came down to squabbling between and old man who may be advancing into old age dementia and a petulant 5 year old living in the body of a 74 year old man.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Debate moderator, registered Democrat Chris Wallace, is being body-slammed by his co-workers at FoxNews and industry colleagues.

Wallace hated Biden in 2012, but loved Biden in 2020: www.dailywire.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Samuel L Jackson should moderate..2 minutes motherf#ckers!!
edit on 30-9-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Debate moderator, registered Democrat Chris Wallace, is being body-slammed by his co-workers at FoxNews and industry colleagues.

More he despises Trump, than loves Biden.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

it's because he's part of the globalist/new world order pedophile club. This should be blatantly obvious to everyone now.

Thats the only thing Trump has going for him in my opinion. He probably isn't part of the pedophile club.
If they had that kind of dirt on him, they would have for sure used it by now.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I really wanted to hear what they had to say.

But, Trump wouldn’t shut up. He wasn’t really saying anything, just being an obnoxious bully putting on a show.

Biden didn’t cave. He fought back.

For a stutterer — he did really well under pressure.

^^^^ If you wanna know what CNN said, there you go. And toss in "Trump's a racist" because they still say it even though it's become boring.

Trump butted in to defend himself against Biden's blatant lies. The way I understand it, people are just mad that Trump didn't let Biden finish so he could hang his own self.

Personally, I sat back and laughed. Especially when masks were brought up and Biden tried to get snarky about Trump not wearing one but Biden does. Trump popped off and said "Yeah we know you wear one, you'll be 200 feet away from everyone and wear the biggest mask I've ever seen".

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

You must be a Trumpster.

And you must have your metaphorical blindfold still on. You want me to do your homework for you when you refuse to hear anything except orange man bad?

I too wish Trump had been more composed and less interruptive. But if you hadn't noticed (I'm not counting on it,) Trump started getting mouthy when the first false premise was thrown out. Moderator asked Trump to respond on why he had no plan or effectiveness for dealing with Covid. That's a huge loaded question and I would have stopped playing ball at that point too. It's simply a belief, not a fact, to say Trump was inactive and unconcerned. I believe Biden said Trump was playing golf in his bunker or something.

The debate was anything but objective and neutral.

This quote is in direct relation to the debate:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I’m “watching” it blind folded.

I’m only interested in word content.

Yes, very selective word content you choose to focus on.

edit on 30-9-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Trump looked ''pissed'' from the moment he stepped on stage and stayed that way throughout, most of which was accompanied by an angry scowl. Biden looked like Biden, and rather composed for the most part. That is until Trump either talked or yelled over him every time he tried to speak. Biden had the chance to just kind of sit and wait while the Trumpian monologues blew through the hall like a banshee though a haunted house.

So my summery is simple. The debate, har dee har har, came down to squabbling between and old man who may be advancing into old age dementia and a petulant 5 year old living in the body of a 74 year old man.

Scowling can definitely hurt you.

I wonder if someone delivered some bad news to him an hour or two prior to the debate? He seemed upset even before the talking began.

Democrats are really good at playing emotional politics. The power of which, is not to be underestimated. Having your opponent come off as "bully", "angry" or any number of other one-word characterizations/descriptors plays very strongly to the dems' base.

I think Trump won't get a single swing vote unless he fixes that.

Most democrats graduated college by writing "teacher's opinion is right" on all their term papers (There was no need for the teacher to actually read any of the text that came after that line). They call it a "liberal arts" degree for a reason.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

We're in the worst period I've seen in my life... I wish people acted like that, and they aren't.

They're still having pissing matches and more concerned about winning and tribalism than any semblance of doing whats right by the country as a whole. I still see blatant grabs of equity, and I don't just mean money.

I didn't hear a damn thing last night that sounded wise or visionary on how to deal with everything in front of us. All I heard were tired talking points that are just meant to be a zinger, and not really present anything of substance.

The absolute saddest part to me is that everyone is going along with this charade purely out of pride. That pride all for some BS theatrics is going to start costing a lot exponentially.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I watched the entire debate. Trump literally debated Wallace more than Biden. Wallace also destroyed the little credibility he had with me.

Trumps wins that I recall off hand:

-Got Biden to say the Green New Deal would pay for itself, but he doesn’t support it.
-Called out Bidens son for his shady dealings with the Russians, Chinese and other hostile countries.
-Shook Biden when he asked him why he didn’t call the Democrat leaders in charge of cities burning to stop the riots.
-Completely owned Biden on race relations
-Called our Biden for not having any accomplishments in 47 years as a politician
-Trump is currently in his second fastest economic recovery while being President
-Brought up the recent revelations that the Biden/Obama administration was spying on his 2016 campaign

Biden wins:

-Had a teammate in the debate to remind him of his plans
-Didn’t fall into one of his random babbling fits we’ve seen so often lately
-Showed up to the debate
-MSM running coverage for his epic failure of a political career
-Allowed to just blatantly lie without being called on it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join