It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Proposes Model Legislation to Combat Rioting and Protect LEO's

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well, just when you thought the Florida Governor could not get more awesome than he already is, he comes up with a plan that can become a model for the nation on how to deter and ultimately prosecute violent and disorderly rioting. The ACLU and your typical anarchist critics claim its targeting peaceful demonstrations, except at nowhere in the law is peaceful protests even mentioned. If your not committing crimes, you got nothing to worry about. If you are there and crimes/rioting breaks out, just GTFO or sty off to the side.

The writing says straight up "participation in". SO obviously regular folks just watching from the sides not throwing molotovs, bricks, smashing windows or attacking civilians and law enforcement is not participating in a violent demonstration.

Here is the meat and potatoes.

Hey rioters, do not jump in front of my vehicle, or I just may fear for my life

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Just what we need more people in jail costing the tax payer money. Mean while we don't do a damn thing to address how police treat people.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo007
All police do not treat all people the same. You say not doing anything, but officers are being held to account all over for misconduct, including terminated, arrested and charged.

And violent people coming from other states to burn down communities need to be behind bars, as well as the local fools who join them. If it makes you feel better though, we can just run them over with our vehicles in an attempt to save our lives from violent death of the mob so the taxpayer is not on the hook.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Even if passed, I don't see this legislation being at all effective just for the simple fact that this is Florida.

Home to Florida Man.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I am in all awe. This bill is just spot on. I want this go Federal, as if yesterday.

I move to Florida.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
Just what we need more people in jail costing the tax payer money. Mean while we don't do a damn thing to address how police treat people.

"We" is subjective.
Who is "we" ?

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel
I have been saying to folks that it is time Florida leaders need to have their time to lead the nation. Presidents bouncing constantly from New York, Texas, california have had their opportunities az well as Illinois. But we do have some very reasonable and logical leaders herr in Florida and i am all for a DeSantis presidency sometime this decade or next.

Eh.. Rubio can be his swamp guide I suppose.

This move just lets me know that Florida will not be splintered away from the Union and stay relatively safe as WW3 continues and progresses.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Don't see a problem with it. Would love to see it go federal. Only trouble is to many liberal judges wouldn't enforce it.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
We don't need any of this. Florida has over 2mil CCP holders. We don't need police to stop rioting.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I love also the complete disambiguous language at the
bottom of the specs...
"RICO liability attaches to anyone who organizes or funds
a violent or disorderly assembly." Somebody put this guy in the
Cabinet: or at least the team leader that composed this sucker.
Got some new hearing aid batteries for your defense team
----George?... Mr. Soros? ...Beulah?

edit on 22-9-2020 by derfreebie because: Almost wiggle-less.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Don't be so fast to move here. It's the Wild West.

They don't enforce laws to protect citizens.

A lady just driving in Tampa last week. was stopped by rioters who refused to let her pass them on the street. They attacked her while she has the police on her phone. She had to call several times to get them to even come.

They didn't even help her but citied her for calling them.

De Santis can't enforce sqat in Florida. He's a joke to Floridans. He does not walk his talk.

This is all just to get him noticed natioanlly by the nationals. That is all.

BUT, I wish it was reality.

edit on 22-9-2020 by Floridadreamin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

We don't need any of this. Florida has over 2mil CCP holders. We don't need police to stop rioting.

and stand your ground law.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg
Even if passed, I don't see this legislation being at all effective just for the simple fact that this is Florida.

Home to Florida Man.

You must not live there, or have ever lived there. I grew up there.

We're talking about a state that doesn't like the homeless to the point where more than one place down there made so much as handing a homeless person a sammich illegal.

Considering that, I think this legislation will do just fine. Even Florida Man gets sick of the riot bull#.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007

If you haven't noticed, the majority know that the police aren't the problem.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin

I seem to have missed that. You said last week?? I don't doubt it may have occurred, but I speak to deputies every single day, read through several local news stations, and follow them all and then government agencies and law enforcement on Twitter as well. I never saw it mentioned.

Although oddly two people died at ttheintersection in front of my job in an auto collision and the only report I saw of that was a Tweet from the sheriff's office.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Shooting Rioters on Sight by All Florida State Law Enforcement Officers would be a Good New Idea IMO ...................)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
Let's not forget there is still due process. Now if a firefight ensues, absolutely annhialate the enemy whoever they may be.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
So... can we still dump the english tea into the harbor??

Just remember.. these same laws will apply to any conservative protests also.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Just think,..we almost got stuck with Andrew Gillum Near Miss

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
No you are wrong because this law doesn't target peaceful protests. Now if a group of conservatives or right leaning folks decide to start attacking innocent civilians over differences in opinion during a demonstration, proceed to burglarize businesses and attack law enforcement while shooting racial slurs, yes this law would apply to those criminals.

Still not seeing. anywhere this saying peaceful protests are the target. Maybe you should watch the second video for a bit of clarification.

new topics

top topics

join