It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Charles Calls for Marshall-type Plan to Curb Climate Change

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

No, no real power at all.

The ultra-paranoid and the ignorant may disagree but he has no power to do anything whatsoever.
And if/when he succeeds his mother he'll only have the same ceremonial and procedural power Liz has.

Elizabeth has an enormous amount of respect gained over the 65 years she has been Monarch and as such I am sure her opinion and perspecive may be highly regarded by some Prime Ministers etc in certain situations but she has no real power at all.
The UK is a constitutional monarchy.
en.wikipedia.org...,_Scotland_and_the_United_Kingdom

If Charles was ever to actually interfere in the governing of this country I suspect it would be the end of the Monarchy.

Of course, you may believe those who tell us they are all child eating, shapeshifting lizards who control the world's economy?

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You don’t think the largest land owners on Earth with access to billions have any power? I beg to differ as evidenced by the battalion of soldiers to protect their various castles and palaces, direct access to government briefings, private meetings with our leaders etc etc.

edit on 22/9/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
"The Prince of Wales delivers speech to launch Climate Week"

He should've instead had a talk with his brother;
about his carbon-footprint using the Lolita express private-jet.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Remind Prince Charles, they've already tried that sh*t twice in the U.S.A.. Even after that? We gave them a hand twice, just because they're after all,...family.
I told a Brit officer in A-stan after retreat. "I'll never let your flag fall Sir". He said, "Thank you Sergeant.
Nor I, yours."... True story.

Prince and politician, is just a "title". We don't do "titles" in the U.S.A.. Our politicians obviously need to relearn that/this.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

One (individual), would think.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade
A "battalion of Soldiers", isn't the "keep off the grass" sign, it used to be.

Ironically speaking as an American. In our "system". Which isn't the system created by our founders.
We have a "federal government" that according to/by "law", has "enumerated" powers.

In "lawyer talk"? Replace, "Crown vs. Smith". With "U.S. vs. Smith". It's all the same BS!

Like Ben. Franklin said, ... A Republic. If you can keep it."

So we have a "monarchy" that's a "democracy".
And a "Republic" that's a "Democracy".

Somebody ain't telling the truth.

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

36 fully armed and highly trained British soldiers combined with royal protection officers and an array of armed police is a reasonable deterrent.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The wealthy elites who if there is a climate crisis drove us right into it (I’ll go out and say the science isnt as clear as people regurgitate endlessly) want to have martial law for climate change eh? To protect us eh? Our safety and all that cause we just aren’t responsible enough hmmm?

Same bull as covid, it’s bigger than YOU so don’t fight us controlling YOUR existence.

Power corrupts absolutely.

a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Maybe if Prince Charles and his rich buddies got off their freakin private jets we would have false climate change scare. The top 1% pollute more than the rest of the people by a large margin yet take the time to lecture us. Hypocrisy at its highest level

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Prince of go f himself, that’s the face of an evil man.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Ok.....what real power do Charles and/or Elizabeth have?
Please give me examples.

Influence? Yes.
Influence they shouldn't have? Yes.
Power? No.

There is a big difference between the two.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Wow you look so smart. But i bet you never knew what the Marshall plan was until you noticed that marshall and martial were different words so ypu googled marshall plan to find the truth. Admirable.

Then you ruin by claiming you are smart and the OP is a fool.
When actual fact you are fool that yearns the facade of your intelligence.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: OutTheBox
a reply to: alldaylong

Wow you look so smart. But i bet you never knew what the Marshall plan was until you noticed that marshall and martial were different words so ypu googled marshall plan to find the truth. Admirable.

Then you ruin by claiming you are smart and the OP is a fool.
When actual fact you are fool that yearns the facade of your intelligence.

As i am British and Britain was involved in " The Marshall Plan " i am well aware of what it was.

However a thick American such as you wouldn't have a clue. Go back to sleep.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Martial Law ?

No..............A Marshall Plan. Which is not Martial Law.

Try again.

Yeah, yeah, we all know you love forcing your views on others, and you have no qualms with a global dictatorship in the name of a fake ideology...

Try again...

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

As i am British and Britain was involved in " The Marshall Plan " i am well aware of what it was.

However a thick American such as you wouldn't have a clue. Go back to sleep.

Obviously you haven't heard that we fought against your ancestors for our freedom and to be free of BS like this.

Go back to terrorizing your own people and demanding they all follow the lifestyle YOU choose for them...

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The OP made a huge assumption based on a lack of understanding. Are people so desperate to find monsters under the bed they'll ignore fundamental errors like that?

America has a system that elected Trump, an absolute disgrace of a man who thinks climate change is fake news and is inserting people with similar views into management of key science and research institutions. Don't presume to lecture others about democracy and ideology when your own system is so rigged and corrupt.

*learned about the Marshall Plan at University in the 1980s

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I know adl is more than capable of speaking for himself.....but I can't help myself sometimes.....

Yeah, yeah, we all know you love forcing your views on others, and you have no qualms with a global dictatorship in the name of a fake ideology...

'A global dictatorship'?
Are you talking about The British Empire?
If so, another time, different standards etc.
Every nation was empire building, to not attempt to do so as well would only have resulted in the UK being subjugated and becoming a conqured part of another empire.
The things was, 'we' were far better at it than the other nations.....much to their envy, something that last's to this day.

As for 'fake ideology'?
A little introspection seems appropriate at this point.

Obviously you haven't heard that we fought against your ancestors for our freedom and to be free of BS like this.

YOU fought against no-one.
Would YOU have the wherewithal to do so today......?

Go back to terrorizing your own people......

Have you had a look at what is happening on your streets on a daily basis?
People in glass houses and all that.....

..... and demanding they all follow the lifestyle YOU choose for them...

Please explain?

And coming from the land of political correctness, snowflakeism, BLM and ANTIFA that really is a bit rich.
Where absolutely everything is a left/right issue.
Where anyone with even a slightly leftist leaning viewpoint on anything is immediately demonised as a damned commie bastard.
Where leftist leaning thinking needs to expunged and completely eradicated.

With all due respect, I refer the honourable gentleman to answer I gave earlier.
edit on 25/9/20 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I never said they had power over government although technically our ministers can be fired by the Queen.

Some would say influence and power are interchangeable terms.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like somebody wants full blown military climate change enforcement worldwide !!

Prince Charles seems to outline his master plan !!

Are we hearing this right ?

It's Climate Week too. The summit in New York City all week !!

Oh Oh now what ?

Climate Week NYC (September 21-27, 2020) is biggest climate summit taking place this year. As the focus shifts to how we rebuild after COVID-19, Climate Week NYC 2020 will explore what lessons we can learn in the pursuit of a net-zero future through just transition.

All our events, as well as highlights from over 350 events taking place across New York City and around the world, will be available to view from our Facebook Watch page starting Monday, September 21, 2020. You can also search our events program, save events to your schedule, and explore Climate Week NYC from your phone via free mobile phone app [iOS and Android].

Our “For New York, for the World” approach is crucial to put people at the heart of climate action and build a better future. We must rebuild the global economy for people and planet, and we must halve global emissions by the end of this decade.

The Climate Group will host all our events, including the Opening Ceremony and the Hub Live, on an online digital platform that will incorporate live broadcast, interactive sessions, networking areas and meeting space. We will also support the hundreds of events hosted across New York City and around the world as part of the official Climate Week NYC events program.

Climate Week NYC is hosted in association with the United Nations and the City of New York.

CLIMATE WEEK NYC 2020

2nd article:
Militar y-Style Marshall Plan Needed to Combat Climate Change, Says Prince Charles

The Prince of Wales delivers a virtual keynote speech to launch Climate Week NYC 2020

F ANY monarchy!!!
Inbread idiots.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

How many are flying there?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join