It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need some investment advice

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I keep being told by friends and family that i need to take all my money out of the market. Something big is suppose to happen . A global reset, a new money system, a black out? All these conspiracy have been thrown out there to me. I was told to buy real estate.What is your opinion?

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

We're at all time highs after the biggest black swan event in recent history.

Think about that. I don't know if pulling out is the best course of action, it depends on what your cost basis is and what your objectives are. That's something you'll have to contemplate.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

History has shown that the stock market is the best bet for a long term investment.

Even after the market takes a hit like the black Monday crash in 1987 or the more recent 2008 bubble, the best rebound is in the stock market.

You'll get all kinds of other advice I'm sure.
Gold!
Land!

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
thanks for the advice . Not to knowledgeable about investing.Got all my knowledge from reading Tony Robbins unshakable
book on investing. But my friends are scaring me with all these conspiracy ideas. Not sure what to believe!a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Heavens to Betsy yank it all out buy physical silver on eBay pronto you have at least two days....10 oz bars the best price....

Reliable fron Dallas Gold Exchange seller, and backed by PAYPAL

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Buy gold. When it skyrockets you'll buy twice as much real estate

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Rubber my dude.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

First off, don't listen to friends/family for investment advice. They likely have no basis for thinking there is a 'global reset, no money system, etc.'. Basically if any of those happened, your money would be worthless regardless, no?

Real estate is usually the best return on investment long term. I assume you own a home already, so this would be rented out? you need the stomach to deal with renters and the issues that come along with rentals, something to think over.

Stock market, I invest in dividend stocks that have a history of increasing their dividend and am spread out across sectors. The early covid days saw my portfolio drop about 20-30%, but it's back up and I invest for the long term so it's a non-issue. Just enjoy the money coming in..

hopefully that's helpful

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Cryptocurrencies.
Do your research and keep an eye on new projects and their potential, and if you put your money in the right thing you could be set for life. For example, one in particular went from about $739 in July to over $43,000 in September.
Let's say you bought $5,000 of this coin back in July and then sold or converted it a few days ago. You could've made off with over $250,000 in just two months of sitting on it.
Don't just buy randomly - do your research. A lot of cryptocurrencies are useless, but a lot are legitimate and being actively developed and worked on by major organizations and institutions around the world. Ethereum (Ether) and Ripple (XRP), for example, are two of the big names. XRP is basically a universal upgrade for international banking that will allow banks to send money around far more efficiently and quickly than they currently can.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Frozen orange juice futures.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

There's lots of people who earn lots of money for exactly these types of questions and build strategies tailored to your needs and concerns.

Lots of factors: risk, economic state, all assets, your future plan, and what you want the assets to do.

I'm guessing very few here are qualified to answer your question including me.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You pretty much nailed it.
Ask a pro.

On that note...
Many employers have financial advisors for employees.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Put your money into an guarantee annuity. It is an insured retirement fund with a guaranteed minimum return and that return can be higher if the markets outperform the guarantee. I'm in one that guarantees 6%, last year we got 10%, that was on about $400K.

This is a retirement fund, so the money has to be left in with some exceptions. You can withdraw a percentage of money early without penalty but if you do that, you have to take out that same percentage every year from the time you started. If you leave the money in, it is impossible to loose money. The only exception would be a total collapse of the monetary system and US treasury note.

The only other insurance policy is to learn a valuable trade or service. If you have no skills, there is always the oldest profession to fall back on, the only problem is there is a much higher demand for hetero females than hetero males in that line of work.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Gold and silver

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Is that you Beeks?

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Is that you Beeks?

No, it's Louis.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm out of the mkt, except for green 420 investments. It's a growth industry!

And bitcoin, how can you go wrong with bitcoin?
edit on 21-9-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Is that you Beeks?

No, it's Louis.

Looking good Louis...

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE see Private Message

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Mortimer something's wrong with your brother!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join