posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 09:08 AM
The fact is we are all being taken for a ride unless you are one of the top 0.3%, or are one of the parasitic bureaucrats or insiders pulling the
strings in DC and in the financial world.
Personally, I try to be moderately "calculated" with every financial decision I make that has an immediate and/or long-term financial obligation, and
being prudent with your finances in the past
paid dividends for your future financial status. But all of this talk about forgiving student
loans, "Universal Basic Income", "free" healthcare, etc., along with the debasement of the US dollar through unprecedented money printing has us on a
freight train headed off a cliff.
A bit of a rant, I know. But I wanted to preface this OP with a bit of opinion and analysis to "tee" this up. Some of you have enjoyed previous
episodes of Paradise Lost Financial that I have shared, and I have been slacking so wanted to do an updated thread with 3 more episodes, and I think
this first one is right down your alley, ATS!
Episode 7: Voodoo Economics
A synopsis of what is covered in this episode:
- The Creation of the Federal Reserve, the secrecy and political trickery that was done to get the Act passed
- The Exchange Stabilization Fund ("Emergency Reserve Fund of the Treasury Department"), which some believe is one of the instruments used to deploy
capital to rig the markets
- The Working Group on Financial Markets created by Reagan's Executive Order 12631, also suspected by many of being a primary tool used by the
"Plunge Protection Team" in market intervention
- High-Frequency Algorithmic Trading and how these programs can heavily distort the market (and other implications)
- The Trading Desk at the Federal Reserve (yes, they have their own trading desk for "short-term objectives for open market operations") - again,
resulting in potential for market intervention and manipulation
- The Flash Crash of 2010 in which over $1 trillion was lost when the market tanked a little after 2 PM EST, only to miraculously recover (almost in
full!) that same trading day
- Multiple scandals in the US Treasury Department, dating back to 1849
Episode 8: Market Insanity
(if you haven't seen what's
going on in the markets lately please climb out from under your rock and pay attention, even just a little bit because things are very interesting
- Biggest "Reshuffling" of the DOW Jones Industrial Average in almost 10 years, and its implications
- Exxon Mobile, having ben the largest company in the world as recently as 2011 - removed from the DOW
- Apple's market cap doubling to over $2 trillion just since last September
- Apple's stock rising in an amount equivalent to Exxon's entire market cap in one day
- Macro-level analysis of unemployment, stock valuations being divorced from fundamentals and reality
- Education regarding US stock indexes, terminology, and historical context
Episode 9: Fraudulent Companies & Their
This one has the best entertainment value in my opinion.
- Publicly-traded company, Nikola, listed on NASDAQ being ousted as an "intricate fraud"
- Their CEO denying everything, doubling down and probably pissing off his legal team by going on video & tweeting up a storm, digging his own
- How Nikola produced a video showing one of their hydrogen/electric semi-tricks barreling down a highway (but what they did was they towed the truck
to the top of a hill and let it coast until looking like it was driving itself, even editing the footage to make terrain look flat)
- Retail & professional investors being exposed to this fraud and the potential for them to lose billions while the CEO has already cashed out over
- Important education regarding investment research, what an "IPO" is, what the "lock up period" is, and more
- Direct quotes from the report that came out, which outlined exactly how Nikola is an intricate fraud and the many ways their CEO has been dishonest
and mismanaged the company
I hope everyone on ATS is having a good Saturday and love to hear what my ATS fam thinks about the Paradise Lost Financial channel and the content.
edit on 19-9-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)