It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leeds England 08/08/20- 11.30pm - Strange lights in Sky Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: leedsuk

It’s to small for the moon even if it were just part of it. Also the moon tends to give cloud cover a glow when partially exposed. Venus could be a contender.

God I hate the some of membership of this site chiming in with the same lame comments somebody else already made!

the time is 11.30pm so it can not be venus.
mars is very brite just now.
I look't at the time and date on a astronomy program.
mars is just above East and the moon just right of that.
both very low down.

the effect you see in the clouds is from the light of the moon.
me must be looking east.
I ask that he double checks this please.
as he says south east.

edit on 18-9-2020 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: leedsuk
the video is taken in a South East direction. I agree moon is the obvious suspect but it seemed too bright and unusual to be the moon. Any moon experts here on ATS??? a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I’m no Moon expert, but I did spend a night at the holiday inn.... (u.s. commercial)

IMO there is enough arc on the left and right sides of the top two freeze frames from the vid to convince me that it is the moon peaking through the fractures of the clouds. The bottom left pic is a image from a simple “moon from behind the clouds” search. The bottom right pic is a zoom.....in comparison, I vote moon... em-oh-oh-em

Don’t know if anyone caught this ...timeline @ 01:39 the camera/cellphone seems to be steady.....IF..the window was down, then the tiny light erratically zigzagging maybe a reflection from something lit within the room the moon was being videoed from IMO

edit on 18-9-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

Don’t know if anyone caught this ...timeline @ 01:39 the camera/cellphone seems to be steady.....IF..the window was down, then the tiny light erratically zigzagging maybe a reflection from something lit within the room the moon was being videoed from IMO

No. larger movements of the dancing blip coincide too exactly with the overall larger movements of the camera (e;.g., the camera is panning slowly down as blip moves slowly; when camera pans down more quickly at the very end, the blip also move quickly). That seem to suggest some sort of internal lens reflection.

The smaller "micro" movements also coincides with the very slight shakiness of the camera. Granted, the shakiness is not that much, but it still exists. The light reflects off several surfaces inside he lens, so minor movement becomes amplified with each reflective surface.

edit on 9/18/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

It’s to small for the moon even if it were just part of it. Also the moon tends to give cloud cover a glow when partially exposed. Venus could be a contender.

God I hate the some of membership of this site chiming in with the same lame comments somebody else already made!

The moon is tiny in pictures from most cameras. A picture of the moon is always surprisingly small, even when you think it looked so large "in person" to your naked eye.

To get the moon to look larger, zooms or telephoto lenses are needed, such as used in the images below. These are probably 5X to 10X zoom, which is about what a mobile phone can do. The object in the OP's video went between being small (like the images above) and maybe as large as the images below when the OP zoomed in:

Photographing the Moon with your iPhone

edit on 9/18/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Ok I had a look. the moon was very low in the East.
just rising.
so if your window looks east, sorry!

originally posted by: leedsuk
the video is taken in a South East direction. I agree moon is the obvious suspect but it seemed too bright and unusual to be the moon. Any moon experts here on ATS??? a reply to: Soylent Green Is People
There is a free program called Stellarium, google it. It's the independent objective "expert" on the locations of stars, planets, the moon, and if you add the option for artificial satellites, it can display those too, but your video doesn't show an artificial satellite.

You can enter your location, the date, and the time of the sighting, and Stellarium will show you where the moon was at that time. I predict Stellarium will show a perfect match of the location of the moon with the UFO in your video, but I encourage you to check it and verify it for yourself.

By the way I made a thread about this subject, sort of, because I had a similar experience. I saw a light in the sky which didn't look anything like the moon. It was a bright light, peeking through the clouds. It wasn't until the cloud cover faded more that the moon was more exposed and I could tell what it was, so before that, to me it was sort of a UFO.

Jill Tarter the Seti astronomer said something like that happened to her, and the people at UFO Watchdog put Jill Tartar on the UFO hall of shame for suggesting the moon can be mistaken for a UFO, but it certainly can. It not only happened to me and Jill Tarter, but also to others, like several witnesses in Allan Hendry's book on UFOs, and there is even a youtube piece about a 999 call to emergency services about a strange light in the sky, which turned out to be the moon, in the opening post of this thread which confirms that yes, the moon is sometimes reported as a UFO, when it doesn't look like the moon normally looks (due to clouds usually, as is the case in your video).

UFO Watchdog owes Dr Jill Tartar an apology, because the moon CAN be mistaken as a UFO

edit on 2020918 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

You provide a good explanation and have convinced me, I’m surprised someone could actually mistake the moon for a UFO but Arbitrageur has provided an explanation of how that can happen too.

Thanks for not claiming it’s CGI or that the OP is deliberately out to deceive people that the “Borg” is coming... these posters should keep their bitter and snide comments in the mud pit which has sadly taken over ATS.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I’m surprised someone could actually mistake the moon for a UFO but Arbitrageur has provided an explanation of how that can happen too.

It happens, and can happen to almost anyone.

There was the case of two police who were chasing a bright light above the treetops with their police car because they thought it might be a plane making an emergency landing. They chased it for several miles before they stopped to look at it, at which point they realized the light wasn't really moving -- it only looked that way due to the movement of the police car past the trees.

What they were "chasing" the entire time turned out to be Venus.

I've heard stories of pilots seeing a bright light following them from below, only later to realize it was the moon reflecting off of the water they were flying over.

edit on 9/19/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I'm calling CGI on this one. There is far less pixilation and artifacting on the light, and it's brightness changes in isolation to the rest of the video. In a genuine video a lighting change like that would trigger a camera's auto focus and white balance (Both of which are clearly switched on which would be easy to see.

The only reasonable answer is that the light source was added in afterwards.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

are they Bielsa's halo?

marching on together, leeds leeds leeds

Man city fan myself

top topics

<< 1   >>

join