It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leeds England 08/08/20- 11.30pm - Strange lights in Sky Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

I wanted help in understanding what it was I filmed from my bedroom window and thought this a good place to start. I was lying in bed reading on my phone and was distracted by when I noticed a bright solid appearing object, with surrounding red glow in the clouds sitting in the sky, from my bedroom window. Having lived in this house for 15 years I can confirm I have never seen anything similar and often am in bed with blinds open.

The lights faded and I thought that was strange and carried on reading. A few minutes later they returned and this time I was watching them and trying to get my wife's attention downstairs to also view them. They disappeared again and my wife ignored me. On the third occasion they returned now around 8 minutes since the first sighting I was ready with phone and took the following video you will see. My wife was also ready and took her won video from the 1st floor of our 3 storey house- I was on 2nd floor.

What the phone video does not show well is that all the light on the night to the eye was red and glowing red. There were no sounds just the visual show. Once the video ended it did not return, so I viewed it on around three occasions each time it seemed to gradually brighten and then gradually fade around a bright central object which seemed to either change shape or with the lighting around it changing. When the central object was not bright enough to be seen the clouds were still glowing red like it was still there lighting them.

The moon never looks anything like this size in our sky- would be many times larger. Here is the better of the two videos -

here is the full you tube link in case the above has not worked-

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Very poor attempt at CGI .
The Argentinians do those better .

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Something about the commentary really made this video complete. In identifying the light, who knows.............. First thought was mid way through a Snowman white type ufo orb but it's in the sky so probably discount that one. Err who lknows, but an initial check would be find out if any major energy lines run below the flight path of the light, also check to see if it's still around that point tonight by getting a flash light and pointing it in the direction you filmed the object and do the three flash sequence, one second between each flash................ One, two, three

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Maybe the Moon behind clouds? The Moon was a waning gibbous on August 8, and the few times we could see the object as not a over-exposed blob, it did seem to have the gibbous shape.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Definitely the moon.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
please can you tel us witch way the window faces?
north maybe? and what time and date?

ok I see time date on youtube, 08/08/20 - 11.30pm

edit on 17-9-2020 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
please can you tel us witch way the window faces?
north maybe?

Exactly needed

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
That appears to be an object in space. Does your planet have any Moons?

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Ok I had a look. the moon was very low in the East.
just rising.
so if your window looks east, sorry!

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
the video is taken in a South East direction. I agree moon is the obvious suspect but it seemed too bright and unusual to be the moon. Any moon experts here on ATS??? a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: leedsuk

Yes, I’m an expert. I’ve seen it almost every night for 40+ years. It’s further away than clouds so they pass in front of it like in the video. Lol

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Am gonna say what I say with all these kind of videos now.

With modern technology this could be hundreds of things before its a UFO ranging from a fake to a drone.

A story I like to tell is a few years ago a big story in our local news paper about mysterious lights over our small town. I mean like huge lights appearing in the sky, moving really fast then just vanishing. The local paper done a investigation and discovered the lights where actually due to a football stadium a few miles away testing their new floodlights.

This is the same, could be just about anything before its gonna be ET turning up to say hello.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Um yeah, thats the moon dude....

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have lived in leeds nearly 40 years and i can honestly say i have seen this before..........

It's the moon

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
Maybe the Moon behind clouds? The Moon was a waning gibbous on August 8, and the few times we could see the object as not a over-exposed blob, it did seem to have the gibbous shape.

It looks like that, the scudding clouds never really clear enough to see a complete profile whatever the Moon's phase.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset
Um yeah, thats the moon dude....

M.O.O.N. spells "Moon."

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Excellent example of amateur CGI. You put a lot of effort into it and it shows.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

yeh I agree that is our nearest and dearest

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Looks like the moon to me and things called "clouds". Use really crappy smartphone, give a bit of shake and out of focus. Post it on YouTube and have a laugh at all the people who think it's the Second Coming, or the Borg.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   

It’s to small for the moon even if it were just part of it. Also the moon tends to give cloud cover a glow when partially exposed. Venus could be a contender.

God I hate the some of membership of this site chiming in with the same lame comments somebody else already made!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join