It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kaepernick taking knee and covering his mouth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Who says we don't know what to do with them? Although I haven't been hoarding Goya.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Well they ran Tim Tebow out of the NFL for his beliefs too.
I think Kaepernick was just a 2nd rate QB, that’s why no team wants him.

Exactly.

If Kaepernick was on the level of Mahomes or Russell Wilson or Cousins or Aaron Rodgers, he'd be playing BLM sh1tshow and all. Teams will put up with quite a bit if the player is good enough.

Of course, we can also look at this from the other end too. I think by now that Kaepernick has figured out that playing the benighted victim card is profiting him more than being in the NFL, so every time the question comes up and it looks like some teams *might* give him a look, he ups his salary requirements, plays prima donna and chases them all off. Then he turns around to the sympathetic press and complains about all that racism from The Man in the NFL keeping him down! Then Nike pays him more.
edit on 10-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's a genetic predisposition.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OutTheBox

This , to me, seems like the normal CT stretch to effectively create confirmation bias of whatever CT they are pushing.

It's sort of like saying "a few years ago a guy got wet swimming in the ocean. Now the news is reporting how people get wet in the shower. It's all planned!"

That scenario above is just as accurate as the logic jump you are trying to force with this.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It's a genetic predisposition.

Now you make me feel all Lady MacBeth ...

"Out, damned whiteness! Out I say! -- I needs must learneth how to cook Mexican today."

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA

I don't understand when it comes to sports the American people will put up with almost anything. Just boycott the adults playing children's games for money and this kinda thing will stop.

Maybe people are free to protest as they see fit? No?

And likewise, people are free to boycott. I'm not against protest but if I did so on company time, I'm sure I'd get fired without any sympathy from anyone.

These athletes are overpaid and generally lazy. Taking a knee takes very little effort. But, if they wanted to do something to help people, they would be using their money, time and influence (away from the field) to give people a way out of poverty. Education is what they should be promoting. That and family values so "dad" doesn't have 10 women with his offspring.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Definitely a wide ranging conspiracy involving global elite that made him cover his mouth. That’s a way more likely explanation than him just covering his mouth.

He's just resting his head. Too lazy to even kneel straight.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Well they ran Tim Tebow out of the NFL for his beliefs too.
I think Kaepernick was just a 2nd rate QB, that’s why no team wants him.

Tim Tebow was ran out of the NFL because he sucked.
Reggie white was a minister and he had a hall of fame career.
I've been to several NFL games over the years and after the game is over and the hand shaking ends there is always a gathering of players on the field taking a knee doing a prayer.

No.. Tebow just wasn't very good.
Same for kaepernick.
He was benched.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Uh-oh ... Gallup says it's not just conservatives who don't like this.

Each year Gallup surveys Americans on their favorability in regards to 25 major industries in the country. In its latest, released this week, we see some precipitous declines that should shake the constitutions of the fist-shaking pro athletes. Of all the sectors measured in the survey, professional sports suffered the biggest drop in support, falling all the way to 23rd on the list and settling barely above The Federal Government. The negative impressions by Americans now see sports underwater by double digits, with a 30%-40% favorable/unfavorable ratio.

Things are only more bleak in the metrics. This decline was not a number moved by one sector rebelling against the actions in athletics. In all categories measured – gender, race, age, and politics — pro sports saw sharp declines of support. Among all adults favorability plunged -30%, and of particular alarm should be that wage earners in the 35-45 age group dropped -44%. Non-white Americans fell a sharp -35%. Even the most supportive sector – Democrats – fell, a lower -5%, but among those declaring to be Independent there was a -36% drop in approval; where that category harbored a positive impression last year at +26% they now sit with a -10% approval.

So it turns out that no one likes woke millionaires who get paid millions to play a game lecturing them on how racist the world is and how oppressed they are being paid millions to play a game.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It's him covering the laugh that's trying to escape over ruining professional football for all the conservatives.

Nah, Roger Goodell ruined professional football for most of us.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Maybe the NFL just doesn't care about people protesting...
They allow peaceful protests. Since in the code of conduct nowhere it says protesting isn't allowed.

In fact, it's not the first time employees protest or go on strikes etc... But kap is different...

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's him covering the laugh that's trying to escape over ruining professional football for all the conservatives.

They'll miss ya. Im sure.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

But ruined it is, see you at the GBL opening nocce.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

No, they got their knickers in a wad over personal expressions prior to this.

No domestic violence, no find a cure on eye black ...

One guy worse purple cleats because his mother was killed in an act of domestic violence and he wanted to call attention to it, but he was fined. Another had been wearing "We Will Find a Cure" on his eye black for 5 seasons before they finally fined him for it.

No, the NFL hasn't always been for allowing players to support causes ... just recently, you know because some black lives matter sometimes or something.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Bet they'd be fine if they knelt. As in keeping uniform or or regulation or something. Kneeling violates none.

Yea black lives do matter... No matter how much you disparage them...or something.

Your life now matters too huh...

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

No.

I was born a racist, subhuman devil-being or something. My life, therefore, never mattered.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The NFL fined kaepernick $10k for using the wrong brand of headphones.
They can do pretty much anything they want.

And the code of conduct has wording about showing the league in a negative aspect.
Protesting the national anthem does just that and the league just ignores the situation because at the time they were all over the news on the concussion topic.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

They'll miss ya. Im sure.

Probably about as much as I'll miss the NFL. Which isn't much.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don't get the reference.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Back on page one.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join