It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill & Ted Face the Music

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I remember mention of this being a thing a while back but now the thing is actually out there and from reviews doesn't seem to be totally bogus , here's the trailer for what could be the third most excellent adventure.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I watched it. I was in absolute fear as to how it would be done, but was surprised it didn't suck.
Its a Bill and Ted movie, so don't expect Citizens Cain level writing, its just a fun tuesday night flick type thing.

I found it most excellent in the standards of Bill and Ted....but it won't be winning many awards. If you're an old fan, go see it. If you never seen the B+T movies before, but are a Keanu fan...skip it, you won't understand.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
I'm almost afraid to see it. It was the total air-headedness of Bill and Ted that pushed the first two movies into historical greatness. The childlike innocence of the two boys was infective.

However, after so many Neo movies of staunch wooden character development on the part of Reeves, I wonder if he will be able to re-ignite that ''air-head'' character.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I can't say I'm too interested in this one.
The last two didn't age well in my opinion and this is just another sequel nobody asked for.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I dunno', haven't seen it, but I can't imagine how you could ever follow 'SO-crates' in the original.

Unless it's just a total knock off.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
While time is just sand in an hour glass
Bill and red party on forever!!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Back in the day people were like, "How can Ted Theodore Logan be a badass in Point Break?"

Now it's like, "How can John Neo Wick be a dumbass in Bill and Ted?".

I loved the excellentness of the original movies. I will give it a watch.

Be excellent.
edit on 592020 by Wide-Eyes because: Brainfart

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I clicked on it thinking it was like a free movie.

It wanted $19.95 so I did what Bill and Ted would do.

I said "bogus" and exited back to the menu

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It had some serious bill and ted vibes...

The daughters were.. bogus

But surprisingly excellent for a 20 some odd years later movie

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I watched it. I was in absolute fear as to how it would be done, but was surprised it didn't suck.

Good to hear.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I thought it would be a super cringe worthy 'B' movie.

It was.

It was also fun.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I'll watch it when it gets cheaper. But I will watch it.

This is a movie that needs to be watched with certain enhancements. Your choice. Add a pizza to that too.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I'll watch it when it gets cheaper. But I will watch it.

This is a movie that needs to be watched with certain enhancements. Your choice. Add a pizza to that too.

A better movie would have been "Bill and Ted avoid 2020"

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I thought it would be a super cringe worthy 'B' movie.

It was.

It was also fun.

Some of the best movies are born out of cheesy "B" movie quality. I'm looking forward to watching it.

It's kind of nice to see A-listers having fun with their early "B" movie roles.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
We're going to try to hold out until Christmas for this one, change up the Christmas Eve or Day movie watching a bit. Still going to mostly be a hell of a lot of classic Ralphie & Red Ryder fawning, but with a bit of Bill & Ted mixed in

Come on, hubs and I watched Pan's Labyrinth one year, before the kids woke and the wrapping paper mayhem began. I think some Bill & Ted and ample opportunity for pop culture quotes is much more holiday-friendly

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I watched this only the other day, it is a cheesy B-movie but I'm into that kind of malarkey, I enjoyed it and got some good laughs from it

If anyone wants (can be bothered) to watch it on their phones, I watched it on a free app (IOS, don't know about other systems) called 'Movie House', I recommend but am in no way affiliated with the app, lol

TLDR; Good, innocent fun, would watch again

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I am thinking the appeal of this is going to be more up my 10-year-old's alley possibly. I'll have to review it to make sure I'm not misremembering the old B&T's myself, but I recall that level of cheesy fun - tweeny level good time cheese. If that's true, then this may cap off something we let him On Demand rent for a family movie night after introducing him to the first two.

I think he'll be fine though. He's been introduced to Alien, Jaws, Goonies, etc.
edit on 6-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Oa reply to: gortex

Either Keanu is the worst actor ever or the best!!

His “man-splains” of his inner thoughts and emotions is immensely funny only after the fact

The plot is obvious if you care but it is all nostalgia about the original concept (even George Carlin shows up!
!!)

This is all the stupid stuff that Dr Who spends so much time trying to explain but from some “80’s dudes” perspective.

Fun. Funny, at places. And a total nod to what we all loved about the original movie!

I say, “watch if you liked the original. Skip if you lack any sense of wonder in your blacker than Mother Theresa’s heart (yes, my timeline has the ‘h’ in her first name... deal with it!)

Party on dudes!!

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Big fan of the first two mate and seeing Death playing Hopscotch by himself in the trailer kinda sealed the deal for me , that's my kind of humour and true to Bill and Ted.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

And, he was cheating.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join