It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesnt Exist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Have you ever attempted asking God for a sign of His existence? You should try it. It will prove useful.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Anarchist, your premise is self-evident again. You use a scientific 'therom' to uphold your belief, and you counter with "I can give you an e-mail address"....

Your opinion and view as to 'how' and 'why' dieties and God doesn't exist falls within theses guidelines, for which you have so eloquently disguised:

"I see and know, therefore I am; what I cannot see and know, is unreal and doesn't exist."

I think that pretty well sums it all up.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
We can't see or touch or do anything of the senses with the 4th Dimension, yet we know it is there.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
If anyone's ever read Relativity that pretty much proves there's a God, the sheer exactitude and order to the universe, and our inability to understand through experience the higher dimensions.

Amazing.

Einstein also believe very much in God.

The Antrhopoc principle coincides with this.

And yeah, lots of scientists believe in God...

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Quote from protector

Asking
Have you ever attempted asking God for a sign of His existence? You should try it. It will prove useful.

The question is how would one respond if he did get such a sign. Would he ignore it or would he accept it? I asked that question and did indeed get a sign and I responded by accepting belief in Christ. However God will not give a sign unless the person is willing to believe and accept (Like Fox Mulder, they must have a "I want to believe" sign in their minds and hearts.) There are those who will not believe even though they are given a thousand signs, a thousand things that cannot be explained. The proper question is, "What would you do if all your objections to belief were answered?" If a person does not want to believe, then a thousand revelations by God will convince them and God will not reveal himself in such a manner. If the person wants to believe, then God will give him a sign - perhaps not on the day that he asks, but in God's own time, a sign will be given. How do I know this, that is exactly what happened to me.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
God is telling us he exists in the wind.

He shows us he exists in the heavens.

We taste his existance in our food.

We smell him in a flower, or a Jefferson pine.

We feel him with the earth under our feet, and the heat of the sun, and in the cold cloak of time.

If these things are not enough to prove a God, you are insane.

No, wait, you are disillusioned to reality, because all you do is quote science that you don't understand, live in forests of steel made by man, and drive machines that you can not build.

You live in a world you did not make, but you KNOW was made by man.

Therefore you feel man is god, because man can do something you personally can not.

When you fail to ask, where did the anything come from?

Return to nature a little, and you'll begin to see, Man is a quivering infant seeking shelter from a mighty storm, a storm that has blown for eons and will blow eons after our demise.

Man is but a frail and fragile flower on the islands of rock in the icy depths of the North called Nunataks.

We have carved a crevace for ourselves, but that is vulnerable to even the faintest snow fall...

I challenge you to deny God's power in Nature as the Ice rolls over your home over the span of your life time.

I challenge you to deny "Him" as the suns are born, and planets form.

I challenge you to deny "Him"...in all this splendor that came from nothing.

We but mortal things, that live for 80 years and pass on never having learned much...can not deny that even if there is no concious being above, there is something that is so beyond us, that it has to be God. Even if it is all existance itself.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
AnarchistSuperstar you really have no idea what you are talking About. I would again sugest you spend more time going through the site, much to see here and much to learn.

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Einstein was a deist. He attributed god to his ignorance. Which was interesting.

I stopped posting on that forum because I lost interest, I moved onto other things. As I said, a degree, a peice of paper doesnt mean crap. However, everything you learn means something.

Theism is coming to an end, so I really dont care. The dark ages are almost over.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yep, you know better than Einstein, and we are in awe...

That you moved on to other things I will just see as an excuse, because a real scientist, or someone who claims to know it all will never leave questions in a discussion unanswered.

Go tell your professor friend that having a degree doesn't mean anything. Those people have studied and have done experiments in a scientific manner, so they have learned something.

"However, everything you learn means something."

Well then you are contradicting yourself again... See above.

"Theism is coming to an end, so I really dont care. The dark ages are almost over."

Whatever...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i think it's obvious that each of your opinions are no less true than the next persons. you are all stating your beliefs/perceptions, and they are all equally true to each of you. i have no doubt that a person who beleives in god, experiences god, and i have no doubt tha one who does not, also experiences that. what were doing here is trying to define absolutes which are really only defined by us, for us. in other words, our freewill will go as far as we will it to.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Nice post deafence#. I agree...

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
We've just begun to study the Universe and it's power. We know .0001% of what's to be known about the Universe.

Trust me, God does exist.

[Edited on 7-13-2003 by Illmatic67]

and we will find out the other 99.999% when we die

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Read my www.abovetopsecret.com... thread

It talks about a book you should try reading which uses SCIENTIFIC PROOF and FACTS to prove your wrong. All this is, is just a materialist point of view, the one that has been proven wrong and faded out a 50 years ago.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Protector

Do you really think there's anyone who hasn't?

God is telling us he exists in the wind.

He shows us he exists in the heavens.

We taste his existance in our food.

We smell him in a flower, or a Jefferson pine.

We feel him with the earth under our feet, and the heat of the sun, and in the cold cloak of time.

If these things are not enough to prove a God, you are insane.

And you're obviously an expert on insanity! (by personal experience, apparently)
I suggest you seek the treatment of a good psychiatrist....or shock treatment, or something.

[Edited on 1-19-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

If anyone's ever read Relativity that pretty much proves there's a God, the sheer exactitude and order to the universe, and our inability to understand through experience the higher dimensions.

Amazing.

Einstein also believe very much in God.

ummm.....
Albert Einstein, German born American threoretical physicist (1879-1955).
"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." [From a letter Einstein wrote in English, dated 24 March 1954. It is included in Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, published by Princeton University Press.
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Doesn't sound like a belief in god to me.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Why do we even need a God? Why would anyone want to give up their will to anyone, even if the thing claimed to be your creator? So what?

The problem is, because humans have free will, and they do, there is no reason for God to exist. He cannot violate free will, and that effectively terminates his association with us. He can only be a silent observer on the benches, and interference is a violation of free will, something he cannot do. If he did, he's no longer God.

So, if he cannot violate free will, what can you possibly WANT from your God? Salvation?

Sending you to Hell would be a clear violation of free will. If it is not your will to go to Hell, it is no business of his to tell you where to go, or involuntarily send you anywhere. If he does, he is no longer God. Remember, God doesn't violate free will.. if he did then he's malevolent and demands worship and control for himself. A God is above such things, IF it is a God.

He cannot possibly be BORED in Heaven since Gods do not get bored. If they do, they are not perfect, and no longer Gods. So as you can see, even if a "God" did exist, no one would ever know because he's not allowed to show up and declare himself. Not even in subtle ways!

The more we advance in science, the more things that were previously attributed to God are now attributed to nature and otherwise explained. There are many unexplained things, FOR NOW. How long will people attribute everything that's "huge" or "pretty" or "unexplained" to God anyway? Until EVERYTHING is explained?

Roj

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
God will only exist if you wish to percieve god, it's all in the mind. Entities/objects only exist if you percieve them.

You walk into a room with a table, 100% of people in the room could say there is a table there (assuming they can toutch or see), they percieve the table. Now, lets say, who percieves god here.. You can see no god, you can't see the effects of any god..

God is not a physical entity. God does not exist in a strong sense. In a loose sense, god will only exist if you want it to exist.

We all know that self truths are irrational and unsound.

Hence, god is a fallacy.

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by Roj]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#
what were doing here is trying to define absolutes which are really only defined by us, for us. in other words, our freewill will go as far as we will it to.

There are absolutes. A simple proof is this "There is no absolute truth" is an absolute statement and is consequently self contradictory. There is an absolute reality wether someone is aware of it or not. A tree falling in the forest does make a noise even if no one is there to hear it, because noise production follows simple physics rules that are not dependant on the option that some of the sound waves bounce off an organism's eardrum.

The God debate is meaningless because no one really defines what "God" is. But I'd agree that "God" as usually understood is a myth and a delusion. For all we know, a tremendous amount of universes might have been created (M-Theory) and one finally had the conditions necessary to develop life. Even in this "successful universe" there are many obstacles to the good development of life, like asteroid strikes, black holes, colliding galaxies etc. Either "God" is incompetent, or something like a trial and error process is involved when it comes to creation.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
You argument contains a flaw. You define existence as only what can exist within our physical universe. You do not consider that there may be an existence beyond our physical universe. You limit reality to the physical universe. God does exist. His existence is beyond our universe. You say, "If God exists, that means that it is part of nature" which indicates that you accept as an article of faith that nothing exists beyond our physical reality. This just as much a statement of faith or belief as the assertation that God exists. As for blind faith in God, faith in Jesus Christ is not based on just blind faith. There are rational reasons to believe if you were open minded enough to investigate. However since your mind is already closed, I doubt very much if you would comprehend what was put forth. Of course, belief for me was easy, since God directly revealed Himself to me. However, I wore a "I want to believe" sign in my mind and heart for years before the revelation.

I think that God was created by man to explain the unknow...Man just cant accept the fact that he doesnt understand the world around him so we look for reason behind everything...why question how we got here and if or not there is god and just realize that that doesnt matter...the fact is we are here....jsut live life...no questions..

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Luda, i agree with you 100%
we are all creatures of chaos. Out of chaos comes patterns.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join