It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesnt Exist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You can believe what you want to believe. But I have one question for you. How is it that the earth sits perfectly on a dime to allow life to thrive here.

Have you have realized just how complicated DNA really is?

Do you realize that atoms split into infinity forever.

Or have you even sat down to see a newborn baby in the arms of his mother and have been amazed that that little vulnerable infant will transform in only 18 years to a full grown adult.

18 years is not a long period for a creature as advanced as we are.

What about simply a beautiful sunset on a sun washed beach, or a tall giant mountain full of beauty and life?

If you can't see these things then yes, you don't believe in God and somehow we are an accident in the ongoing universe.

Quantum physics alone to me proves the exsistance of God.

There is a new theory out there called Loop Quantum Gravity.

Loop Quantum gravity is simply stated that yes time is ongoing. Yet time is not as smooth as many would like to believe. Time is said to contain bumps in the road so to speak.

In other words, God always has been and always will be part of time. He has paused for brief periods, or for times of rest.

In the old testement in Genesis talks of God takeing a pause for a time from Creation. Right now we are still in Gods day of rest, yet even as he rest, God is working miracles even in todays arrogant self centered society.

I would really think before leaping so to speak. The Universe is far more complicated and far too perfect to simply be an accident of exsistance.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You don't have to believe in god to see beauty, physics, or science. My being able to see the same things, while not believing in god, is proof of that...if you want to use your approach to the argument. Remember, everything is complicated, until you understand it. You'd just rather not try, and instead contribute everything to god.
That's what primitive people did with anything they couldn't understand. It was all contributed to magic, or gods. It's a cop out, IMO.

[Edited on 1-23-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
You don't have to believe in god to see beauty, physics, or science. My being able to see the same things, while not believing in god, is proof of that...if you want to use your approach to the argument. Remember, everything is complicated, until you understand it. You'd just rather not try, and instead contribute everything to god.
That's what primitive people did with anything they couldn't understand. It was all contributed to magic, or gods. It's a cop out, IMO.

What gets me as lunacy is when people atribute all of the great things in the world to god, but all of the horrible things are the fault of man. There is just no logic to it...even for religion. If god made man, then god is to blame for creating man the way that he has. If god knows everything that is ever going to happen, then god allows suffering to continue. If god is the entity that most religions believe then he is one sick and sadistic mother. A child that pulls the wings off a fly just to see what happens. Oh ya, I'm going to run out and pray to that! Let me just grab my scarf.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Very nicely put Jonna, couldnt have said it better. I am to the point, i just dont care if there is a god. I know in my heart there isnt. There is so much that shows me that god is alive. (alive in the minds of those who beleave in it). The human race has a hard time understanding the ununderstanable. So they make things up, Make theories, but thats all they are, are theries. To each is there own, i would never try to push my feelings on anyone, just want to share them.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Fine So you beleive that a God Does not exsist. Let me present you with this.

Suppose one day a man is taking a walk in the forest. A creek somothly passes between the rocks. The man sits down on the bank to listen to the tranquility of the moment. He bends over to pick up a rock, and he notices how amazingly smooth it is. He notices the almost perfect concave face it has, "erosion can truly do wonders," he thinks. Time, chance, weathering, and natural erosion have caused something quite interesting.

So the man throws the rock down the creek, attempting to make it skip. Unfortunately the rock hits the water and sinks. He bends over to pick up another rock when he notices one stone on the creekbed that is different from the rest. He picks it up out of the mud, and washes it off. It's an arrowhead! The point is still quite sharp, and the indentations and marks where it had been shaved and chipped are clearly seen. He wonders who the indian was that made the arrowhead. What tribe did he belong to? Could the indian have been one of his ancestors? Exitedly he sticks the arrowhead in his pocket and rushes home to show his family.

Here is my question. Why is it that when a man finds an arrowhead he immediately assumes that it is an actual indian arrowhead? Why couldn't it have been caused by the time, chance, weathering, and erosion, just like the pebble was? Why doesn't he immediately assume that it was caused by chance, instead of an indian? I'll tell you why, because it's preposterous! When we find an arrowhead we know that some indian desinged it with a purpose: be it to hunt, decorative, or whatever. But, we know that someone made it.

So, if this is true, why is it that when man looks at himself, his brain, at the animals, at nature, at the sky, at the sun, at the galaxy, and at the universe, why is it that when he looks at these things he claims they were caused by Chance? Give me a break, do you realize how far fetched your claims are? You say an arrowhead is caused by an indian, yet you say the universe was caused by chance.

I am not here to say who created us but I am here to say that something created all of us, something greater than us all.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Fine So you beleive that a God Does not exsist.

This may sound strange, but, on the contrary, I do believe that god, that name is as good as any, does exist (or perhaps a better word is Is). Yes, I bitch and moan about religion and god the 'father figure' in these threads, but it is the concepts and mindless obedience that I am really complaining about and not a higher entity.

Here is a crazy idea for you. God does not care. This is not by choice, but because god (again just a word representing my individual idea) does not have consciousness. He/she/it is the whole of existence seen without division; it did not create anything, it 'is' everything without the illusion of duality and thus is neither conscious nor unconscious.

Half way down the page:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Everything is in chaos, Out of chaos patterns amerge.... And i said That God is alive in all that beleaves it is.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Here is my question. Why is it that when a man finds an arrowhead he immediately assumes that it is an actual indian arrowhead? Why couldn't it have been caused by the time, chance, weathering, and erosion, just like the pebble was? Why doesn't he immediately assume that it was caused by chance, instead of an indian? I'll tell you why, because it's preposterous! When we find an arrowhead we know that some indian desinged it with a purpose: be it to hunt, decorative, or whatever. But, we know that someone made it.

I can't tell you how many idiots I've seen who think they've found an arrowhead, merely because they really want to find one. Sometimes it is just a funny shaped rock.
I don't think there's any need to explain what I'm comparing here, is there?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I can't tell you how many idiots I've seen who think they've found an arrowhead, merely because they really want to find one. Sometimes it is just a funny shaped rock.
I don't think there's any need to explain what I'm comparing here, is there?

Hahahahah! Set and spike!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If god mad a rock he couldnt pick up he would just destroy the rock
ha now i got you thinking

email me with your explanation at
[email protected]

[edit on 18-2-2005 by i belive in god]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I know it may seem a bit silly... but you are God..

perhaps you're so damned busy looking for the guy, you haven't decided to look for yourself.. or understand yourself.. I do believe Jesus said 'Know Thyself and everything else will be manifest'
The problem comes from thinking You're the only God.. We are God collectively.. and Only then can the true power of God be manifest, but thats when we become solitary yet whole... much like the concept of All, (All is One)
There is design among us, you would be very ignorant to say this is all mere chance.. that's like saying I can put the parts of a 747 in a hanger add some wind and VOILA! a perfectly constructed 747... Gimmie a break.

[edit on 18/2/05 by dnero6911]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoriCJ
You can believe what you want to believe. But I have one question for you. How is it that the earth sits perfectly on a dime to allow life to thrive here.

Have you have realized just how complicated DNA really is?

Do you realize that atoms split into infinity forever.

Or have you even sat down to see a newborn baby in the arms of his mother and have been amazed that that little vulnerable infant will transform in only 18 years to a full grown adult.

18 years is not a long period for a creature as advanced as we are.

What about simply a beautiful sunset on a sun washed beach, or a tall giant mountain full of beauty and life?

If you can't see these things then yes, you don't believe in God and somehow we are an accident in the ongoing universe.

Quantum physics alone to me proves the exsistance of God.

There is a new theory out there called Loop Quantum Gravity.

Loop Quantum gravity is simply stated that yes time is ongoing. Yet time is not as smooth as many would like to believe. Time is said to contain bumps in the road so to speak.

In other words, God always has been and always will be part of time. He has paused for brief periods, or for times of rest.

In the old testement in Genesis talks of God takeing a pause for a time from Creation. Right now we are still in Gods day of rest, yet even as he rest, God is working miracles even in todays arrogant self centered society.

I would really think before leaping so to speak. The Universe is far more complicated and far too perfect to simply be an accident of exsistance.

life thrives here because it has adapted. simple life can live most anywhere then as it got more complicated it changes to it environment, thus life probably could change to live many places.

YOu cant use beauty because beauty is a matte of opinion. if you grew up on another planet you might consider csomething beautiful which we would is just a pile of rocks.

yes 18 years might not seem long but as a child u already have all the neccisary parts. its not like your forming from nothing in 18 years. Its just a matter of growing those parts.

how is complication a sign of godly involvement, micro ships are complicated are they godly. Complication in my oppionion would in be against god, becuase now your saying some being formed from nothing with great enpough intelligence to create the universe and as you said something as complicated as DNA, thats like asking a mouse to create a somewhat stable universe.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Indeed God directly revealed His existence to me. What would you say to me?

Yes, he revealed himself to me also. Once he has done this to anyone anything anyone else ever says about his existence, forms of religions, etc. become really pointless exercises in denying the heart.

That is why I find interesting the teachings of the various religions, and especially Christianity which I am, of course, most familiar with. One finds how wrong, yet in some ways how right the major religions are. The lines however blur for none is right, and yet not all is wrong.

Years ago Jesse Ventura stated that, "Religion if for the weak of mind." Well, ole Jesse had it close. It really is, "Religion is for the weak of heart."

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yes, God exists....but why are you asking us? How about asking Him? Now He may not stop over for tea, but you can get your proof.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

What gets me as lunacy is when people atribute all of the great things in the world to god, but all of the horrible things are the fault of man. There is just no logic to it...even for religion. If god made man, then god is to blame for creating man the way that he has. If god knows everything that is ever going to happen, then god allows suffering to continue. If god is the entity that most religions believe then he is one sick and sadistic mother. A child that pulls the wings off a fly just to see what happens. Oh ya, I'm going to run out and pray to that! Let me just grab my scarf.

God created man so to pray for him as well as made him to choose that the difference between us and animals we choose our life and thats what make human special than other specices

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

God created man so to pray for him as well as made him to choose that the difference between us and animals we choose our life and thats what make human special than other specices

This I would have to vehemently disagree. In the eyes of GOD man is no better than any creature there is. This statement that you made correlates with what I'm hearing from some evangelical "Christians". They state man is on this planet to DOMINATE the other life.

Man is here to provide dominion for the others. That is why GOD gave us the intelligence. He wants man to take care of the planet. We are doing a helluva job are we not? There is a big difference between DOMINATE and DOMINION.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
This I would have to vehemently disagree. In the eyes of GOD man is no better than any creature there is. This statement that you made correlates with what I'm hearing from some evangelical "Christians". They state man is on this planet to DOMINATE the other life.

Man is here to provide dominion for the others. That is why GOD gave us the intelligence. He wants man to take care of the planet. We are doing a helluva job are we not? There is a big difference between DOMINATE and DOMINION.

Wow, you are a meticulous one. I think I like it.

Though, I think I know what eazy_mas is saying. I'm not sure s/he meant that it was okay to destroy the earth.

[edit on 6-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It's funny how all of these people gave crap to ASC because he didn't prove "God doesn't exist".

Well, I dare you to prove that god does exist.

ASC has the power of observation; the observation that there is no higher power and that there is no god because he hasn't done anything to reveal himself.

If there is a god, why does he let people die by the hundreds of thousands in earthquakes and natural disasters? Why does he let people go hungry needlessly? And don't give me that, "it's so we can appreciate that we're alive" crap. The poor ones in Africa are the ones that need something to hold on to, they have nothing. It should be the other way around, the earthquakes should strike the rich parts of the world, and make the poor appreciate that they're alive..
...I think that's what ASC was trying to get at. Why does god let such things happen so needlessly?

[edit on 6/6/2005 by hallucinated]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
LOL!
The guy hasn't posted here in two years, yet the thread lives on! That is funny.

I have an idea. As you seem to be his spokesman, and, as the thread started with the assertion that God does NOT exist, you prove that to be true.

As far as why God "allows" people to die by the hundred's of thousands, you have to take a bit of responsibility upon yourself, as well as all the rest of us. It was not His intentions that we live this was. This is not what He wanted for us. The death, the misery, the evil; we invited it when we rebelled.
How we can spit in His face and at the same time wonder why there is death and destruction amazes me. It's like children acting up all day, and then expecting to be rewarded with a new toy when the family goes shopping. Seriously.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I have an idea. As you seem to be his spokesman, and, as the thread started with the assertion that God does NOT exist, you prove that to be true.

To be fair, you need to define what you mean by "god".

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join