It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just signed up for the military.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
Originally posted by ANOK
So I guess your duty and responsibilty lie with the US corporate government and not the US people?
You three sicken me.

I'm glad I sicken you. 'Cause war and those that participate in and support it sicken me.
I don't post on here for your entertainment.
Sorry it upsets you that I don't fall for the party line.
It is you and anybody that blindly supports the murder of thousands, just because it's government sanctioned, owe me and a lot of other people an apology.
I was in the first "Gulf war" and what did I get? Unexplainable health problems and a disability check, along with many others.
Are we more free because of our contribution? NO. In fact we are less free.
Is the World a safer place because of our contribution? NO. In fact the World is less safe.
Is our economy any better for our contribution? NO.
Is our understanding and tolerance of others cultures any better because of our contribution? NO. In fact ignorance is more rampant!!

We all owe everybody that we ever supported in their choice to "go fight" a HUGE apology.

Pls forgive them Lord for they know not what they are saying.

[edit on 16/3/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Son, God bless, honestly.

Listen up in training, it will save your life. Also, tell the boys overseas that they have our support back in the states. You don't know how much it helps them to hear that, honestly.

Stay safe, thanks for your service.

To the few posters who came onto this thread just to criticize or flame - grow up.

I'd like to quote a great man, if I can =] : "Don't be a fool and die for your country, let the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton, United States General, U.S. Army. Keep that in mind,

-wD

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Don't do it man. You'll regret for the rest of your life, however long that may be

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm going WAY out on a limb here but checking into this thread from time to time I noticed something. This thread has gone 5 pages with only 2 posts from the author. Cyberspace is an amazing thing, you can voice an opinion with almost immunity.

If this is a recruiting attempt, I'll be pissed. ATS shouldn't be used in that manner. Reread the thread.

If this is an honest communication, then friend I would recommend that you don't settle for basic training, get all you can. I don't care if it's about communications, whatever, be prepared.

dh

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You are putting yourself at the behest of a Nazi regime
They will fill you with poisons and mind-control you to the nth degree
You will become a bot carrying out enslavement commands until you die at their behest
Don't do it, don't do it. Skid Row is a more honorable option

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Stay Safe, Fight Hard, most of all Come Home.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
dh what the h*ll are you talking about haha

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
As a veteran, I wish you godspeed.
As a human, I wish you have the decency to remember the people that inhabit the countries we have invaded are humans also.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a tip for basic

if they want to medically discharge you, FIGHT THEM!

i dont know how many times i say to my self "if only i had fought it" everyday.

i was medically discharged from AFBMT. now i have to be a productive member of society *sigh*

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Look people, I got warned by the mod squad and I'm alright with that.
I thought I worded it correctly so as not to get a slap on the wrist, but I was wrong. Oh well!!!

Do we have a right to feel violated if this guy is yanking our chain just to get attention? Or did this turn into a "I'm more patriotic than you" thread all the sudden? You guys are just feeding the fire of insanity and deception that is the war in Iraq. Let's hear from some of the parents of dead soldiers. Let's hear from husbands and wives left without their spouses. Let's hear from the soldiers over there right now. The rest of you so-called "patriots" need to shut your pieholes.

Peace

Give your asinine slam a rest, willya? :shk:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
GODFLESH, your nickname sounds almost religious. If you are, what do you think about the tenets of Christianity forbidding killing? Does your God come first or second to your country in your life? Jesus didn't even put up a fight when his own killers came to take him. Allegedly Christians are supposed to live this life to prepare for the next and not worry about the problems here.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by Frith]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
i dont know how many times i say to my self "if only i had fought it" everyday.

i was medically discharged from AFBMT. now i have to be a productive member of society *sigh*

If you don't mind my asking, what was the medical condition for which you were discharged?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
im gonna tell you what i tell everyone else, "bad knees"

i really dont like talking about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
im gonna tell you what i tell everyone else, "bad knees"

i really dont like talking about it.

Sorry to hear that, man, a had a good friend who went to Marine boot, but got the same deal. His were real bad, though, so he was much better off.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

He has more guts than you will ever know. If you are so against the USA fighting that war, how come you are here posting on these forums instead of fighting against us? This young man is following his convictions, and he has the courage to do it.

As long as you sit in front of your keyboard doing NOTHING, you have no right to question this mans decision.

Anybody on these boards who has anything negative to say about this man, you should be ashamed of yourselves. No matter what your opinion of this war is. This man has the courage to do what he thinks he needs to do. If you naysayers have an issue with what this guy is doing, get off your lazy coward a$$es and do something about it and earn some respect.

Anyways, 100% behind you G0DFLESH

I dont fight nobodys wars except my own, go fight who?....for what?...

And why should i fight your dirty war, youre the one that should be signing for a tour of duty, mr local patriot...LAZY COWARD ASS PATRIOT

And it is YOU who should be ashamed, sending kids to fight a war they know nothing about....waving them goodbye and sh.... it is you who are the killers of your youth. You are all guilty of IGNORANCE

And if fighting for imperium is what HE thinks he should do, HE should think harder. There are other ways to make money than killing people in THEIR own country. He and the likes are not to blame, it is the government that is making it look COOL if you are a soldier, when theres nothing cool about it.

You earn respect by killing people? Only in America...

Dont be a slave kid, you will get blood of many on your hands by fighting for a mere illusion of "patriotism", while others get rich on it.

now you see what you made me do....patriot chicken

What youth? there is no american youth! I had to quit school to help my parents out, 5 years later, i'm still doing it. No hole to get out of to get my ged, to go into the military, to go to college. And by the time i'm 30, i'll be homeless. Hell, i'd kill iraqis if it brought me money, take any option you can get. America isn't going to be the place of sunshine for many many many years. Hell, cheers bloodkill, at least make a life out for yourself, don't listen to what anyone says:w:

Edit: Give them hell! And show people that no one can control you! I would think the marines would be the best place for that
!

[edit on 17-3-2005 by malakiem]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
David Friedman:

The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishbrain
Why in hell would you wanna join the army to go to Iraq? What good can you do over there? I wouldnt do it if I were you, chances are your gonna come home in a body bag.

well luckly there arent people like you over there. its people like you who get good soldiers killed.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Know your enemy,know his routine and you will know when to strike.keep your heart open and your etheric ears open to know when to move out of danger,your gut instinct is there for a reason use it as much as possible.Your weapon is your advisor of truth so let your truth be told by your advisor.Learn by your elders or vets they will teach you by their actions.I want you to know the higher you move up in the ranks the more b.s you are going to see.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Congrats on your patriotism.

Prayers for your safety and your fulfillment. May God guide you every step of the way and may you have a host of guardian angels.

Your wisdom at your age is impressive.

I agree about so many folks being clueless about duty, discipline, responsibility.

Vicktor Frankel noted repeatedly:

THERE IS NO FREEDOM WITHOUT RESPONSIBILITY.

It wasn't like a warning or threat or any such thing. It was an observation.

Sooner or later, without responsibility, freedom, whatever existed of it, will disappear.

Blessings,

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join