It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just signed up for the military.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
STAY SAFE !!! PAY ATTENTION and COME BACK SOON and IN ONE PIECE!!!

and thats an ORDER !!!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
And your own country is doing exactly what to help the people of the Congo, or to bring about World Peace?

Nothing!

Since they are a bunch of thieves and liars, that do not care for nobody but themselves, like most of the goverments. They are in service of the people and do nothing for them. I dont like my goverment, and I dont like yours. And I dont like that our goverment is licking your goverment's a**, sending our boys to Afganistan (YES, there is a unit of military police currently in Afganistan) and soon they are going to start sending them to other middle-eastern hot spots. And I do not like that!

But my country is really small, and does not have the Power to help people in Congo like yours can. They just dont want to. And that is a diffrence.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If a man never does anything else in his life, he should follow the path of his convictions. Wear the uniform with pride and remember that where ever you are sent that you are an American Soldier. Listen to your intructors, keep your head down, qualify on the biggest badest gun you can find, make the company medic your best friend
Just kidding. Something to remember:

Yeah though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil
for I am the evilest son of bitch in the valley!

helped me in nam

Hooorahhh

Be safe!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Best thing I was ever told:

'I'm a little duck and you can't sink me' - when they're beasting you think it and picture a rubber bathtub duck - always floats back up to the top. Positive Visual Association or something.

Sounds crap but it works.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My son is there right now.

I got nothing but respect for you.
Keep your head down and look after youself.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Don't forget to keep those extra armour plates in your vest son.

Semper-fi

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by G0DFLESH
I've signed up for the Marines this afternoon for the United States army and I requested to be sent overseas to Iraq. I am 19 years old, and am extremely patriotic and feel I owe it to all the men that that bled for this wonderful country. I am dead sick of all the negative United States military posters on this forum who know nothing of duty and responsibility.

If god chooses me to fall in combat, then let it be. I wouldn't want to go any other way.

From the bottom of my heart, Thank You. It is because of your courage and bravery that I know my family will be safe. It is your selfless actions as an individual to protect mankind from agressors and terrorists that you are a true hero.

Don`t let all the American bashers on this site get to you. I have been debating with a few and it is their own arrogance that shows a complete disregard for human life. They are so twisted in their views and really just don`t care about the innocent so much as they proclaim. You are a true hero who wants to defend his country from all of the evil that is trying to be unleashed upon us. God bless you and your family. I hope you will remain safe throughout and that you may find diginity in what you do. Once again, Thank you so very, very much.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by csulli456]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
csulli456

That was a beautiful and heartfelt reply. I do have one question though....Would you feel completely violated if, after writing that response, you found out that the guy that started this thread was actually a 12 year old who likes to molest farm animals?

Just asking.

Peace

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
csulli456

That was a beautiful and heartfelt reply. I do have one question though....Would you feel completely violated if, after writing that response, you found out that the guy that started this thread was actually a 12 year old who likes to molest farm animals?

Just asking.

Peace

Dr Love, that was totally inappropriate. What an arse you are to bring such sentiment to a vile place. If it wasn’t enough that you say such horrible things to this brave man in your previous replies you must also defile the very forums with such disgusting words. I hope some mods are paying attention...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yeah though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil
for I am the evilest son of bitch in the valley!

That is some of the best stuff I have heard all week!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Good luck godflesh! I support you a 100%! I wish you the best of luck. Nothing but respect for you man. I believe you'll make a positive difference... ya thats right, a positive difference! Dont let some radicals talk you down about something you believe in because quite honestly... radicals have no balls nor will they ever.

Word of advice to you radical balless bastards either grow some balls or shut up because people like god flesh have given you that right to talk negatively about his choice to enlist. Pay some respect to our boys in uniform and if you are not from America and have nothing nice to say to this young man then don't say anything at all because I'm sure he doesn't give a damn about you and your hateful words. Don't even bring up world peace because we'll never see it happen. There will always be hate in this world and if you think that joining the military won't bring world peace then I guess I have to ask what the hell are you doing about achieving world peace because sitting on your ass typing negative bull to god flesh isn't exactly achieving awhole lot!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Dr Love, that was totally inappropriate. What an arse you are to bring such sentiment to a vile place. If it wasn’t enough that you say such horrible things to this brave man in your previous replies you must also defile the very forums with such disgusting words. I hope some mods are paying attention...

First of all I wrote "if".

Second of all, someone earlier in this thread asked this guy a question or two that a new recruit should be able to answer and guess what, we haven't heard it yet. Do you think that this would be the first time someone has lied in an online forum?? Oh...........the horrah!!!!

It's all good though Skippytjc. I'm hurt that you said I wrote "such horrible things". Like what?

Peace

link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
csulli456

Just asking.

Peace

With that immature response I'd be willing to think you are actually a 12 year old who likes to molest farm animals. I think it's time for you to go back to the shed because your crap isn't wanted here!

I have to admit though... you were right about csulli456's response, that was very heart felt and I'm pretty sure that was the point behind it but I could be mistaken(sarcasim). I don't think I could word it better than csulli456 did! Nice job!

link   
Godflesh,

Just remember this....what you see in boot camp is not what the service is all about. Boot camp is designed to break you of your "non-corp" lifestyle and attitudes. It is also designed to weed out the unfit. Try not to stand out and stay under the radar. Do some jogging and light work-outs starting a month before you ship out. That will prevent the physical stress from shocking your system too much.

It is 10-12 weeks of mental and physical hell, but when you finish, you will be a Marine and you will feel like a new person.

Good luck, work hard and stay safe.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Look people, I got warned by the mod squad and I'm alright with that.
I thought I worded it correctly so as not to get a slap on the wrist, but I was wrong. Oh well!!!

Do we have a right to feel violated if this guy is yanking our chain just to get attention? Or did this turn into a "I'm more patriotic than you" thread all the sudden? You guys are just feeding the fire of insanity and deception that is the war in Iraq. Let's hear from some of the parents of dead soldiers. Let's hear from husbands and wives left without their spouses. Let's hear from the soldiers over there right now. The rest of you so-called "patriots" need to shut your pieholes.

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Congratulations, Marine...

You have made an excellent decision. Remember to remain professional at all times and to train as well and as hard as you can.

Do us all proud!

Ike

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Whether or not you are in favor of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq (I'm not), it is still very important that we support the men and women of our armed forces. There are proud Americans in harm's way due to the policies of our government's response to 9/11. Good, bad, right, wrong, or indifferent, please pray for the safe return of our troops.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
godflesh,

hey just wanted to tell you that basic will be hell but you can make it through it if you really want to. Dont let these guys get you down with their "killing civilians" posts. If any of them actually served over there they would know that its not like that at all but hey theres nothing you can do about them. So good luck, train hard, and make sure you pay attention. One question you going to Parris Island or Diego? Just wondering

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Do yourself a favour (if you are for real) and pull out right now. The war is a crap, and your going to get covered in it.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jagdeepbishnoi
u are coming to iraq .
good for u.
its jus a matter of time before somebody's ak47 will sent u out to heaven

Well, that somebody should have put down the AK-47 and start doing something constructive like rebuilding schools, hospitals, sewer systems, retail and living infrastructures in Iraq instead of hanging around brandishing weapons and wearing head-scarves like insurgent militants waiting to die for Allah by taking on American and Iraqi security troops futilely.

Seem those insurgent idiots have nothing better things to do than to do something destructive against American and allied troops having enough humanitarian resources and skills to assist the Iraqi people to REBUILD the country!

The only way to get American and allied foreign troops to leave Iraq peacefully is to STOP FIGHTING, BOMBING AND KILLING our soldiers! The more the insurgents keep targeting and attacking our soldiers, the more we are resolved to STAY in Iraq for the long haul.

We are like that Ghost/dead Army in "The Return of the King" movie. Once we started, there's no backing down.

Put down the weapons and bombs. Do something constructive and contribute to the rebuilding of Iraq, our American troops are here to help you with whatever the Iraqi people needed. We've been doing this to other countries for decades. We're not perfect or great, but at least we are doing something for the greater good and for peace.

[edit on 3/16/2005 by the_oleneo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join