It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your country and masking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It's Saturday...and I'm kinda bored...not much entertainment in the real world these days.

Mask wearing has become a "Thing"...sadly.
And I got to wondering.
Do all countries mask? Does yours?
Does your country mandate keeping distant from others.....I abhor that PC term, but feel free.

The US does not have a federal mandate for masking....as issues such as these are regulated by the states.
My state is one where you must wear a mask indoors, unless you are at home or are seated at a dine-in place.
We are also required to stay away from others....I guess it is six feet, but we are not yet required to bring tape measures when we leave the house.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

yeah here in Ontario (niagara) we have to wear masks in any public area indoors...

i think its a bit overly cautious, but whatever... do what we gotta do to get through this crap

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I heard this the other day on the radio and it sums up everything I've been saying since day 1. The fallacy, hypocrisy, chicanery, dickfoolery, and deception is bewildering.

For the first time there have been zero covid deaths reported in [my area] for a single day...new fines will take effect this friday for public noncompliance of mask mandates

How do you even say that in the same breath and not feel like a total flake tool?!

We've been bamboozled to give up our freedom and way of life. This is only the beginning of this massive power grab. And many are actually embracing it!

All the chess pieces are being maneuvered into place: public restrictions, blind eye to rioting, police defund, media manipulation, political corruption, attack on the 2nd Amendment, cashless precedence is being set, invasive health monitoring, education and indoctrination of our new normal is ever-present. The NWO power play we've all been talking about is finally poking its head into the light. The attack is coming from all sides.

This is not about a mask.

edit on 22-8-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Netherlands: 1,5 meter social distancing. Some city’s have a mask mandate for specific busy areas, like Amsterdam. Here in the south, not so much.
In general, there isn’t much yet.
But: the government is trying to push a corona-law which is deemed unconstitutional by many organizations, including a union of judges.

Our neighbor Germany is a bit worse off: In general, they have to wear a mask, if you are in a public place with a roof over it. We live 10 minutes from Germany. Before I did al my grocery shoppings there, it is way cheaper in Germany (Netherlands has insane taxes).
So I’m not doing my shoppings in Germany anymore, until this mask mandate is finished. I’m not wearing a mask, unless I get paid to do so...
edit on 22-8-2020 by Goedhardt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I dont think that masks help that much and am very tired of seeing them on people. If you were walking behind this guy 6 ft in a grocery store you can see how much covid 19 you would be exposed to providing he had the virus. So far I have been fortunate not to wear one.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Damn, I am glad I live in Georgia , U.S.
Here it is against state regulations for any local government to mandate masks.
Private owned businesses still can , but I know of only Walmart and a couple of others.
Technically , it is against the law to wear any "total" face coverings at public gatherings....

We will be the last to fall...

edit on 8/22/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Unfortunately, your comment is right on. 😢 The scariest part is how willingly so many people gladly gave up their freedoms (and quickly became rabid, rabid freedom-loss enforcers/campaigners). “Thank you sir may I have another!” is what most people have done. 😞

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
here in northland new zealand we are at level 2 with no cases but there's still people wearing masks in the supermarket no social distant just hand sanitiser as you go in plus name and phone for tracking my daughter who lives in auckland were they are at level 3 masks are up to them no mandate a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
In the country of Belarus people are not wearing masks and I wonder how the coronavirus situation is there.

In the countryside where I live here in Japan the elderly you really don't see him wearing masks.

schools have opened and the kids wear masks they separated the desk from being too close to each other so this all this paranoia about kids going to school getting sick it's just not really the case. In the states it just seems like they're trying to cancel out school for some odd reason and home study home classes it's doomed to failure unless the parents themselves have the discipline to follow up on their kids education.

I will say this though most universities here in Japan are online courses right now weather changes in September I have no idea but elementary junior high and high school kids they're all going to school and yes they wear masks but at the moment they get out of school they take their masks off when they go to McDonalds they wear the mask when they're there they take it off when they eat and everybody's Talkin and smiling at each other and not a worry in the air at all.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I am happy to announce that our last ‘closed’ bar, is opening today. It’s the life of the town.

This is great for our local economy.

Masks when not seated and social distancing required (never gets enforced in other locations — that opened prematurely as speakeasies).

Its a step in the right direction.

I’m trying to be positive.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It doesnt matter as you stated if you sit to eat. When the waiter waitress walks by the air circulates behind him or her bringing whoever's air along with them. I for one am a let it run its course kinda guy.

Remember chicken pox parties. Those were the days when everyone knew you would get it let's see if you survive.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Do the Japanese have to mask when shopping?
Are theatres and gyms open? Bars?

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

We started to have a few positive cases in our county this week.

A few businesses put up "mandatory mask" signs on their doors.

Then a local politician pointed out that you cannot concealed carry with a mask on.

So they took the signs down.

~shrug~

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Where i am in canada no mandatory masks but for a few big stores and these seem to be the american based ones like walmart and I suspect it is more about liability on their end and pleasing paranoid customers than any real threat as we have pretty much no cases. I went into walmart the other day without one and got masses of evil eye from customers but the staff didnt say a word and were very polite to me. Its just for show. Most people keep their distance except the masked crusaders who deek into your bubble feeling invincible behind those masks... mostly the elderly too.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The malls require a mask.
Grocery stores it's really up to the individual.
Bowling alleys are open.
Movie theaters are open.
All the arcade games are open field with children.
Bars are open although they have restricted hours.
Every restaurant that I know of you can eat indoors.I don't live in Osaka so I don't know the situation if they have outdoor dining there but here we all eat indoors.
The paranoia of is coronavirus has really Dawn played itself.
Yes it's true many businesses have gone under and many more are filing for bankruptcy.
This is the thing between Japan and the United States and other countries,here we don't have a law that requires businesses to close nor do we have a law that restricts your travel nor do we have a law that you must wear a mask.
In my opinion America's being brainwashed for something in the future and it doesn't look good because no American should follow such ridiculous rules such as do as I say and not as I do by the politicians.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Tennessee has the mandatory mask rules......

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

edit on 05/07/18 by FreeFalling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeFalling

Remember when Costco add the toilet paper shortage and no one was wearing masks so why all of the sudden change.
I'm telling you unless you ride the Subway or an enclosed area one should wear masks in those areas other than that read my post and I just posted above.
Everything is open here people everything is open here.
Health clubs are open there are restrictions for the health club store.
Many health clubs have decided to remain close but some health clubs are still open.
Other than that it's like why are you going to shut down the economy by Trump said.
It just doesn't make sense at all personally I think they're trying to punish President Trump.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The United States does not have any mandatory covid laws either, AFAIK.
It's all the separate states that have either reasonable laws or crazy draconian laws.

In parts of Michigan, bars, theatres, gyms, some churches, ice arenas, bowling alleys, and probably other things are still closed...since March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dine-in restaurants are 50% capacity.
Most schools are online only, but I feel that is mostly due to teacher unions balking at being in school. I believe Catholic schools are open to classroom teaching.
The Detroit Zoo is open to limited capacity....and you must wear a mask to protect the animals....none of which you get nearer than 15 feet.
AFAIK, high school and college football is verboten.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Is it really that much of an inconvenience to wear a mask?

In Ireland we have to wear one in any indoor shop or business.
Everything is open, schools are back next week.
You must wear one on public transport.
Our covid cases are low per percentage of population.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join