It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would speak of Christ and the Anti-Christ.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

You're welcome.

Do you also encourage talking between students in your class?

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Beauty an the Beast.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

My friend, I encourage ALL expressions of your Free Will, moreso those in knowing accordance of our Truth.

I've grown quite fond of the discussions on this board. ^_^

Yet I say to you, I consider myself a student and I look upon you all as Teachers.

I love you All.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

In essence, this fable reflects from our own Mother and Father.

How fitting then, that their 2 most prominent Sons be as same. ^_^

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I have studied 2 of the Abrahamaic religions - none the wiser as to the greater meaning of life.

That is not the purpose of religion. The theory of relativity tells us there is no absolute frame of reference. Without an absolute frame of reference, no absolute truth can exist in this universe.

So religion was written to inspire faith to be one with the absolute truth that exists beyond mind.

Purpose of phrases like "serve the Father", is to unhinge, ones servitude, to ones ego. Anyone that fails to do so, cannot pass the gates etc.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

You are an erudite, truly.

Yet I lay claim to the fact that ALL WILL go through the gates, lest they in full knowing chose otherwise.

There is an absolute order amidst the Chaos.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Yes thats my understanding as well. That we all will eventually pass the gates. I suspect given my love of ice-cream. I wont be departing anytime soon. But still working on that.

Thank you iammrhappy86. You are more than a smiling face :0

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

That is not the purpose of religion

I'll be a bit more specific - the purpose of religion is a control mechanism.

The theory of relativity tells us there is no absolute frame of reference.

with...

the absolute truth that exists beyond mind.

An absolute truth that exists beyond mind? I'm not seeing how you can reconcile the above 2 statements.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I would propose exactly as such: the two speak the same!

^_^

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

To be upfront; I am quite averse to Monism. It does not provide a suitable basis for ethics, in the sense of treating individuals with the respect due to them as individuals.

[ Disclaimers section: I am not a Hindu, neither have I studied Hinduism in any of its various schools of thought. I don't know all the technical terms. I'm just relying on common information from sources such as Wikipedia. ]

This is an image of Kali.
What I notice about Kali is that she rides around on Shiva as if Shiva were Her very own surfboard.

Quotes are from Kali - Wikipedia unless otherwise noted.

Kālī is the feminine form of "time" or "the fullness of time" with the masculine noun "kāla"—and by extension, time as "changing aspect of nature that bring things to life or death."
Kālī is also the feminine form of Kāla, an epithet of Shiva, and thus the consort of Shiva.
She is often regarded as the Shakti of Shiva, and is closely associated with him in various Puranas.

So what I'm thinking is that Shiva and Kali act as a team, like a married couple. The material World, including humans most directly deal with Kali rather than Shiva.

The proximate reality of Brahman is not Monistic, but is actually a Duality.

And from this duality we owe our individuality to Kali rather than to Shiva.

--------
I guess I should learn more about these, but that is my tentative conclusion so far.

edit on 22-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

So religion was written to inspire faith to be one with the absolute truth that exists beyond mind.

I accidently took a Sociology class in college.

The function of religion was broken down into three categories:

1) Stated function
2) Other side functions ie. fringe benifits
3) Dysfunctions: those things which are caused by the religion which are contrary to the stated function.

My definition of religion is as the tie that provides the bond between individual to individual, to society, and to the World as a whole. The bond therefore can be seen as God, even if the God is not named.

Today I am thinking Kali, because she is most active in everyday matters, thus more easily accessible. But on the other hand Shiva seems to be the One who keeps Her grounded. So maybe both together?

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I thank you for sharing with us.

I've always taken a liking to Eastern religions (though I admit I shy away from religion myself).

I dare not contest the reality of Shiva, Rama/Ramayana, Kali, even Buddha.
They were all great teachers. Their words yet hold MUCH meaning for us all to explore.

How were they then birthed? Did they not have parents?

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

How were they then birthed? Did they not have parents?

That, I don't know.
They may be the present manifestation of Brahman.
So then Brahman may be the ultimate source,
but not the temporal proximate source which is accessible to us in the here and now.

I'm a Worldly sort who looks for the good now in life rather than some "pie in the sky when you die by and by".

I would normally never even talk about God at all except I'm on this forum.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Obviously one is not the other. Much of Revelation is Johns journey through the gates. Into a spiritial plane unrestricted by time or space. Thus shifting his frame of reference from a single physical point to that of the whole. Its possible to temporarily tiptoe past some of the gates to experience some of that truth for yourself.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Yeah, I gotta say, I was never really religious myself.

I was raised in a religious background, sort of. Military father, Grandmother on my mother's side worked in a covent and most of her sisters did too (I think?)

I've just always been fascinated with languages, and life, and the universe, and understanding our origin.

I've just come onto some wonderful feelings let's just say, and instead of keeping my thoughts to myself as I have my whole life, I decide to share them now from time to time. =P

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I didn't want to speak about the sin aspect of the thread until I at least provided a look at what I see as important in life.

It should be evident that I do not fear idolatry, polytheism, or even atheism.

What I fear is hurting people, and I know I have, and will do so in the future.

Sins like idolatry, polytheism, or atheism are nothing to me.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Quoting a portion of Luz de Maria:

As God’s People, you find yourselves at the moment foretold: the fulfillment of the revelations that have been declared by our King and Lord Jesus Christ and our Queen and Mother of heaven and earth, so that you might prepare, understanding the seriousness of what is coming to pass due to man’s pride.

I assume that this is speaking of Mary, Queen and Mother of heaven and earth.

One may ask: "How and when did that happen?"

I'm quite certain that Protestant Christians would call that a down right sin if not a multitude of sins. It doesn't bother me in the least. Is she not the One who receives us upon death? Much like Kali?

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   

My definition of religion is as the tie that provides the bond between individual to individual, to society, and to the World as a whole. The bond therefore can be seen as God, even if the God is not named.

No doubt, religion is full of dogma and culutral influences that has influenced its message over time. So I wouldnt expect logical minds to believe its words unless they have had ethereal experiences that opens their minds to its possibilities. Personally I was an aethist until I hadl experiences that made me question reality.

My favourite Hindu God is Tara. A female bodhisattva which is also admired in Buddhism. I tend to follow Khadro-la, the State Oracle of Tibet. But don't limit myself to any one religion.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   

My favourite Hindu God is Tara. A female bodhisattva which is also admired in Buddhism. I tend to follow Khadro-la, the State Oracle of Tibet. But don't limit myself to any one religion.

Now I'll have to look up Tara.
The thing that caught my attention by Kali is She's riding Shiva all the time. Some people say that that is what keeps Her calm and steady.

I actually had a major breakthrough just this month over in this other thread: Wanted: Honest intelligent ... It covers a few pages.

The biggey was reading Tao te Chi book 1 for the first time. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The implications are still astounding to me.

I just looked up Tara.
She comes from the third eye of Kali.
And Tara rides on Shiva too!

Holy Moley!

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I'll be a bit more specific - the purpose of religion is a control mechanism.

Satanism is a religion. I see you've "Missed the mark".

Otherwise Light I think you're just calling attention to the obvious.

The most obvious theme cohesive thru out scripture teaches us restraint.
So we can do Gods will on Earth while were here. And his will is that none
should parish. That's why we witness. That's why his children will never deny
Jesus Christ is Lord of Lords and King of Kings. You can't imagine the Glory.
But OP is right IMO. It will take a conscious decision not see it.
edit on 22-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join